600 watt Veg room w/ CO2 - High Temp

• Thread starter th3b12ain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

th3b12ain

I'm running a 600 watts in a 4x4 area for my vegging with 1200 - 1500 ppm of CO2 and the room temp is reaching around 85 - 88 in temp... Should I be concerned?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never run CO2 for growing (for brewing, yes, can you say "kegerator"?) nor used my HID for vegging, but I believe that since you've got the CO2 running in there the temps are not such a worry. If your girls are suffering for it and you can't get the temps lower, you might want to give them a boost of silica so they can deal with it better.

Biggest question is this--how do they look?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Let's see em

It's hard to tell without looking at them. 88 is a little high and i would work on getting it cooler unless it's only for a short period of the day. In the dead of the summer my bud room will get up to around 90 for the last hour the lights are on (they turn on at 10pm and go off at 10am). I've never really had issues with it affecting yield or quality though. However i don't run CO2 and am not sure how the heat and high CO2 levels react to each other.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

The strain has a little to do with it as well. IMO those temps are fine and good for co2 use. Hows the nighttime temps? High night time temps as well are no good.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I would try to get it to 80-85 range. That is optimal range with c02 .

30C/86F is when stomata close. When stomata are closed. Might as well turn off c02.

when stomata are open c02 will accelerate photosynthesis when combined with optimal temps of 80-85f

with higher temps,
plant is also more prone to stress from overheating. because it cannot transpire when the stomata are closed.

I also notice some strains, give more stretch with high temps and c02 in veg.

you do want more heat with c02 because more heat does allow the plants to utilize more c02, but not above 85f.

L

l0g1c4l

There is a difference between actual room temperature and the temp your ladies are feeling. IMO it depends on the strain and how much air movement the plants are getting. i've run many ops with high temps, and as long as there is good air movement i have not suffered any serious probs.

T

th3b12ain

Thank you all I got my room temp down to about 79-82 with a 1200 btu split unit ac cooling down the room and light.

Top Bottom