6000 watts to cool. Need some help.

• Thread starter ChiGuy23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChiGuy23

Yo Farmers. I'm in the process of building a 10 by 15 ft. flower room in a basement. The walls are being put up as we speak and the electrical should be complete by the weekend. I'm gonna stuff 6, 1000 watt, 8 in. cool tubes in there and need some help with the air cooling configuration. I have a 12" vortex 1140 cfm with a 12" 1300 cfm carbon filter. Any changes/advice/criticism is more than welcome. Tryin to keep my girls cool with the lights as close as possible. Peep the diagram and send some knowledge my way. Peace.
6000 watts to cool need some help

6000 watts to cool need some help 2
mace

mace

I think i like version two better, the air wont be as super heated with only 2 bulbs infront of the third rather than dragging that hot air over all 6 bulbs.

S

Sway

i agree with mace, setup 2 would keep them cooler, but in a perfect world you shouldnt Y the lights together, u should run 2 10inch fans on each set of 3 lamps. then run a 12 inch or 10 inch main exhaust thats sucking through the carbon filter and out of the room. thats ideal. but often not in the budget. so out of the two u have, id run setup 2 and see how she works.

just be sure with the cool tubes that u do a air leak check before u start budding. the cool tubes are hard to seal good because the hanging brackets get in the way with the sun system models. but its an easy fix. you will be able to hear a slight whistle if they are leaking.

S

Sirius

i think you would have much more control if you could somehow have an exclusive in/ouy for the lamps, and a seperate intake and an exhaust w/ your filter... straight out.

C

ChiGuy23

Yo Farmers. Thanks for the replies. @ Mace: I feel ya on not Y'in the lights but like you said, it's not in the budget right now. I'm gonna go with the second setup and maybe tweek it a little as I'm veggin my girls in the other room. I'll get back to ya after it's setup and tested and let ya know how it goes.

Peace

A

Aerokush101

if you have two rows of light, why not place both fans on one end and suck the air out of the just 3 light lights, keeping the last light open which would also pull out the hot air from the room.... Less work for the fans, more efficent and better temps...

AK101

mace

mace

I would like to add to my original comment. If you're going to do setup two, don't Y your inlet down into 1 12" hole. Leave the inlet on the end lights open to allow for better airflow. That 12" fan will likely not be pulling it's true CFM since there is a ton of resistance from the light hardware in those airways. If you give yourself a 24" inlet (combining both 12") rather than narrowing it into one 12" inlet, you're fan will be able to pull more of the air it wants too. At least, that's how i think it's gonna work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom