6000w Coco Multu Strain Grow

• Thread starter Grumb Blotto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

This is my first time making a journal and im a bit behind the ball so please bare with me.

Here is the basics.

Nutrients: Canna Line

Strains are white widow x kush, agent orange, and dark starand my first time at a cross called dark mist. All 54 clones were bare rooted from the cloner to 5" pots and put under two 4' 8 bulb T5 HO fixtures for pre-veg for 2 weeks.

All were transplanted after 2 weeks of pre-veg into 5 gallon buckets and moved into the main room that is 8' x 15' with 8' ceiling. I have (6) Epic 8" air cooled hoods running off of galaxy ballasts tied into 220 power. I have an 8" max pro cooling each bank of 3 lights. I have another 8" fan and filter scrubbing the air in the room. The room is not sealed but i still was having heat issues so i wound up installing an air conditioner to maintain 75-77 degree.

I veg'd them for 3 weeks under 1000W eye hortilux blue bulbs for 18 hours a day. During this time i experimented with cutting. And topped the mary stem 3 days after transplant. Then 3 days later i took the middle out again leaving in effect a bowl shape of branches. I continued to veg and three days before transition i topped all the leeders of the arms. I was told by an old friend of mine it would send all the hormones back down and in effect have better buds. Im not quite sure of the science but he was quite convincing.

After 3 weeks of veg i switched to 12hrs light keeping the blue bulb in for 2 weeks. On the 2nd week of transition i added boost, and at the end of the 2nd week i switched bulbs to 1000W hps.

My girls have now been flowering for 18 days. They are beasts, except for the dark mist which grew extremely tight and bushy. And only about 2 1/2' tall. Not sure if that is because its the first generation or because they are closest to the air conditioner.

Temps have been steady except im finding my heater isnt quite keeping up with the cold winter. Night time temp has been dropping slightly lower tham i would like. But all and all so far things are pretty exciting. Sorry for huge first post, i apologize for slacking.

A quick note, this is a huge step up for me. I just went from a single 400w setup to this. So its has beem extremely overwhelming but its definitely my happy place. But i would definitely appreciate any tips or feedback or questions on anything i didnt mention.

6000w coco multu strain grow
6000w coco multu strain grow 2
6000w coco multu strain grow 3
6000w coco multu strain grow 4
6000w coco multu strain grow 5
6000w coco multu strain grow 6
6000w coco multu strain grow 7
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

Ha, well thank you 3N1GM4, i appreciate it. It has been a big step up for me.

Today is day 23 of flowering, girls are looking great, i would say cutting the smaller low branches is definitely paying off, i can notice a huge increase of top buds. I will try to get some good pictures later, but i swear some of tops are almost football size. I am planning on using PK at day 36 (70 day strain) my last grow and first time using PK i did it at day 28 and found it was to early and wound up locking up the buds. Anyone have any input on timing of PK?

One more question, anyone have any experience with an additive called Terpinator? It is supposed to increase smell and flavor. And im not sure if its in my head or not but after the second time watering with it, i thought i could notce much more distinguished smells. Just curious...

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Ha, well thank you 3N1GM4, i appreciate it. It has been a big step up for me.

Today is day 23 of flowering, girls are looking great, i would say cutting the smaller low branches is definitely paying off, i can notice a huge increase of top buds. I will try to get some good pictures later, but i swear some of tops are almost football size. I am planning on using PK at day 36 (70 day strain) my last grow and first time using PK i did it at day 28 and found it was to early and wound up locking up the buds. Anyone have any input on timing of PK?

One more question, anyone have any experience with an additive called Terpinator? It is supposed to increase smell and flavor. And im not sure if its in my head or not but after the second time watering with it, i thought i could notce much more distinguished smells. Just curious...
Never used PK but the terpinator is good stuff. It brings our aroma for sure

Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

I have been so busy with work i have been neglecting the clones :( they are huge and have a mess of roots in the cloner. I should of transplanted them about weeks ago. I have to cut the roots just to get them out. Already have some transplanted. They appear to be doing ok so far. They have been in my diy cloner with only RO water and clonex solution.

The big girls are looking awesome on day 24. I pulled back the PPM a little bit, i was pushing the limit and burnt them a little. The top buds on the dark star are just stupid big to me and im worrying about to much moisture in between the buds that have grown together. I do have 2 - 16" wall mounted fans, plus an 8" inline fan on the filter pulling air in the tent. So im hoping it wont be an issue. The RH has never gone above 50% and generally will hover between 42 - 48.
But at the base of the colas they are 6" wide already and are about 12-14" tall.

The white widow has arms of super tight buds, not as fat as the dark star but way more length of buds down the arms. They are about 18-20 of tight packed nodes with buds.

The dark mist is the shortest of the bunch but the buds are so pretty and perfectly domed.

And finally the agent orange. Its a medium sized plant i would say 4-5' tall, the buds are very pungent with a citrus smell and look so good. I almost want to just snap it off and eat it.

And one final note. I picked up my method 7 glasses today. I will post pics. The first will be a general view without the glasses and the second with them. Such an awesome product if you have the money its definitely worth it.

Thanks for reading, and again any questios or comments are welcome.
20160224 115720
20160224 115720

20160224 115655
20160224 115720
20160224 111758
20160224 111506
20160224 113249
20160224 112226
20160224 120401
20160224 104309
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

Here is some day 27 pictures. Girls are frosty as hell. About 9 days from PK.

Everything is going fairly well, having a bit of heat problems, temps are now reaching 84 degrees. Maybe im crazy but i try to keep them under 78 degrees. Im ordering a mini split today to replace my not quite up to par air conditioner i have been scraping by on.

20160225 123634
20160225 141700
20160225 141714
20160225 142127
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

Sorry its been a bit since i posted. Was having some issues. My not up to par AC crapped out on me. So i dropped the $2000 for a 24,000 btu mini split from ideal air. Hooked it all up which by the way was super easy. No vacuum pump or anything required. But unfortunately my unit had a bad board in the head. After two days of talking on the phone with ideal air, they overnited two new control boards, new digital display,and a new remote... 6 hours later i can now call myself an ideal air mini split tech, god that sucked had to pull the unit apart, completely remove both motherboards and digital display and hooked it all back up. And it works awesome. So im back and can stop stressing about heat.

Ok, so update i hit day 30 on the agent orange and PK'd it. So far signs look good that they took it. The widow/kush appear to be the lowest yielding so far, judging by eye but is by far the most crystally. The dark star is just enormous,huge buds but not as sugary as the widow. The agent orange is by far the prettiest plant with such a great contrast between the green leaves and orange hairs.
The dark mist which is my first attempt at a cross of dark star x sierra mist is quite an impressive plantm short and awesomely structured. By removing the centers early in veg they all have 10 arms of thick buds. Maybe 1/4 -1/2 eqch arm. But of course its just by eye and i could be dreaming....

Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

Day 34, things are going great finally.. the new AC is awesome. The girls liok great. The Agent Orange is midway through PK week. And i think i nailed the timing on them, the buds seem to definitely be swelling. Im thinking of hitting the widow, dark star, and dark mist with PK on monday day 36 of 70. Here is some more pictures. Let me know if there is anything you guys would like me to try to get a picture of.

20160304 142406
20160304 142300
20160304 142559
20160304 143257
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

This is my second run on Canna, i personally love it. The flavor at the end is cleaner than anything i have ever used. The timing on the pk is tricky but when you nail it.. you nail it. I will have some more pictures coming up. The agent orange is done with pk and has plumped up very nicely and looks absolutely beautiful. The dark star is just enormous colas and dense. Widow looks sick, its so frosty but not the best yielding. And finally the dark mist. This one still baffles me. Its a first generation of my first cross ever. Its a very short plant with enormously wide colas. There appears to be a crap ton of leaves in the buds so its gonna be a nightmare to trim. But looks promising as a big yielder.

Migrower83

Migrower83

So do you use the pk 13/14 on week 5 on a 9 week strain ? I think my pots are to big plants are 24" tall topped twice bushes seems like they don't dry fast though 5 gallon plant warriors

Migrower83

Migrower83

Oh and my roots are coming out of the bottom of the pots all over the place so I would think the root system is there

Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

So do you use the pk 13/14 on week 5 on a 9 week strain ? I think my pots are to big plants are 24" tall topped twice bushes seems like they don't dry fast though 5 gallon plant warriors
I use it half way through, around day 32 on a 9 week strain. What are you using for medium? I know my coco in 5 gallon buckets can hold a little over a gallon of water. Are you still in veg?

Migrower83

Migrower83

I flipped to flower today , canna coco , full line of canna a&b rhizo zyme boost , my room has been running at 68 degrees so I'm gonna set my fan to run for a half or then off for a half hour running to gravitas turned up to 1150

Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

Nice, i have the galaxy adjustable ballast. I can bump the bulbs up also, but you only get one run out of a bulb that way. Do you do the two week transition before flower? I used to switch to 12/12 and switch bulbs on the same day, but an old friend of mine got me trying a 2 week transition , flip to 12/12 but keep the blue bulb in. And start day 1 of flower than, rather than when i switch to 12/12.

Migrower83

Migrower83

No the Gavita 1000 de will shut down when the bulb gets to 95% efficiency so it will tell me when it's worn out takes almost 2 years from what I have been told first run with them it's a full spectrum bulb has to be kept up high I added the fans to disperse the heat from them really nice set up I use to run the solismaxx 66 these things are brighter than a brand new horti bulb turned down to 750

Migrower83

Migrower83

I have only been feeding my plants 52oz of food and last night I didn't get any run off so I'm gonna go up to 75 or so see what happens today if they are ready for water

Top Bottom