600w & 1000w bulb swap. Worth it?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Hey I'm bringing 2 lights into flowering that we're put away. They both have MH bulbs but will go into a tent by themselves for the bloom cycle.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it to grab a hps bulb for each or better yet a Hortilux eye Blue or better yet a dual arc. Kinda juggling around a better yield or quality or spend a buck and getting both with the dual arc or some kinda mix.

Let me know ur pick?

Also I have 1 MH blue running off a Quantum ballast and it won't ignite the bulb. I have to turn it on then it lights and goes out then I immediately shut it off then turn it right back on and it lights. I'm glad it lights but I think it kills the use of a timer.:)

Chime in brothers

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't buy dual arc, not efficient enough. Use 1000W of both HPS & MH to flower, that's going to be good for enhanced spectrum.

For a real spectrum enhancement, check out UVB light sources, these are shown to cause cannabis to produce a lot more trichomes.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Don't buy dual arc, not efficient enough. Use 1000W of both HPS & MH to flower, that's going to be good for enhanced spectrum.

For a real spectrum enhancement, check out UVB light sources, these are shown to cause cannabis to produce a lot more trichomes.

I would like to put 1 mh and 1 hps but it's a 4'X4' tent but 125 watts a ft2 is a little much and wasteful. In my other flw rooms I run 1 hps 1 MH.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would like to put 1 mh and 1 hps but it's a 4'X4' tent but 125 watts a ft2 is a little much and wasteful. In my other flw rooms I run 1 hps 1 MH.

Texas Kid ran the above setup and did very, very well with it. The challenge is maintaining temps and humidity.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Thanks but just doesn't make sense $ wise.

I would rather buy another tent for the new light.:)

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I am looking to upgrade to 600 or 1k HID. I am thinking that if you have a 4x4 the six would be fine, if you can cool the heat, like allready said go for the 1k. I think both in the 4x4 is too much and your better off getting another tent. I am allmost set on getting the 1000 watt dig adjust ballast and if needed just take it to 50% power and be at 500 watt or 75% at 750 watt.

Are your hoods air cooled, if so you should be fine!

juggernaut

juggernaut

1 bulb for 1 tent.
I have 2 tents. I need 1 600 watt bulb by itself for a 2' X4' tent.
1 1000w bulb for a 4' X 4' tent.
The best single bulb for potency that I should get is what I'm asking.
Best 600w bulb
Best 1000wbulb
Which would you get?
From what I have seen the Hortilux MH blue eye or go with dual arc for the 1k
and the MH Blue eye for the 600w.
Also I hope my Quantum ballast will start the new bulbs because it wouldn't fire up the old MH Blue 1000w.
I have a Lumatek ballast for the 600w so I'm hoping it has the power to ignite it.
I contacted Hortilux and they just tried push there own ballasts on me after selling me 2 bulbs that wouldn't work on my Digital ballasts. lol . Also I only bought from them because they said on there site they would work with a Digital ballast.

Anyways damn

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

look up Ushio bulbs bro. theyre badass. made in japan.. i always used hortilux eye bulbs before but ive gotton better results with thr ushio and i believe they r a tad bit cheaper

Top Bottom