600w hps cabinet grow w/pics!

• Thread starter crazywb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crazywb

Hey everyone! :wave:

Im just going to jump in and get this started.
I have a cabinet 4x2ft that I gutted and fixed a 600w dimmable ballast in there. For Nutes im using advanced Nutes sensi ab. Waters tap.

Strains: connoisseurs lemchem. Bagseed bubba. Bagseed green crack

Alright im going to update this regularly so pull up a seat and light a fatty :joint:
any questions or comments encouraged
060111183607.jpg
060111183359.jpg
060111182831.jpg
060111182933.jpg
2011-05-29_20-54-38_614.jpg

T

The Wiz

Great setup, nice job maximizing your space. Everything looks green n healthy, wish I had a few of those clones! How many days into flowering is that one in the 2nd to last picture? Have you sexed all the bagseed strains yet?

I'll be checking in, can't wait to have a setup like that someday!

C

crazywb

Whats up wiz. Thanks for the kind words! I originally picked up this cabinet dresser at a thrift store. As they say one mans trash is another mans grow box.. haha as for the flowering time I have no idea if I had to guess tho 3.5wks maybeee 4. Yeah everythings full flowering and clones have been takin from all.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

looking real nice in there":joint:.. im going to have a seat for the show:)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looking good Bro...Good job with the Cabinet

Strains: Bagseed bubba. Bagseed green crack

I have often thought that some growers and dispensary's should sell weed with seeds in it...

I would buy it for the seeds and the weed would be a bonus,,,or vise versa :)

X

x0mb13

Looks awesome man I'm setting up a 400w for my cabinet. How hot is it running? Do you have a cool tube?

C

crazywb

Yeah I used a diy cooltube and I run a 6" fan. The temps inside the cab are fine as long as the a/c can keep up with this hot ass room. Its a bitch cuz the window is like 5foot 7 foot 12! Ill get a pic up of the ventilation next

R

Rasta Man

ye nice job, im doing some thing similar at the moment in coco..

so you have 6" fan cooling down the light and what extraction intake fans you usinig..

is the light fixed in postion?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Crazywb,

I dig the cabinet grow. It definitely looks like you are off to quite a good start. Did you say that the plants were 4 weeks into flower?

There are a couple of questions and suggestions that I have for you.

Is that cabinet 100% light tight? If not, it really needs to be, so make sure. I also see what looks like a curtain inside if the box. I would ditch that for a gasketed door instead. Curtains are not a good element to have in your garden. Even if I had to add extra trim to the door really make it work right with a gasket, that would be the solution.

On the plus side, I really dig the find on the dark room air intakes. What a boon to small growers everywhere.

How is the cabinet getting AC? Is it drawing it in from the room that it is in? Does the light cool tube get it's air from outside the cabinet, or is it pulling air out of the cabinet?

What are your temps and RH in there? Do you record minimum and maximum?

I used to do a lot of 250-600 cabinet and small closet grows. They are always fun.

Keep up the good work.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

C

crazywb

glad to have you trichromefan! Yes they are about 4wks. This is my first cab and my first soil grow as well. Heck this is my first time cloning too! Haha but to answer your question the cab is under the a/c vent so it sucks it up from the room. The cooltube pulls from within the cab and the scrubber is on the end.

Im going to ditch the curtain like you suggested but you have to help me with these hinges! Their a pita! There the european ones... What do you recommend as a gasket? The door kinda insets itself in the cab which is what I first noticed about it. I figured I would just make a block off on the other side but it didn't cut it.

Thank you for your input I appreciate it

D

dirtman63

For sealing the doors try whether-proofing foam;it has a sticky side.Its usally best if you leave the paper on the foam(non sticky side)It usally last longer but it wont last forever you will have to replace it every now & than.Good Luck & Stay Safe!!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

sorry, crazywb. Didn't see your response. Dirtman has it right. Self adhesive foam weatherstrip. You can find it at homey D's.

I know what you mean on the euro hinges. You may need to add some small wood strips to where the door closes to, in order to properly gasket. If you look back on my 10x10 room build I am pretty sure that I have pics of my room door gasket.

In a pinch you can always hang a heavy blanket on the outside of the box, blocking any light coming through the gaps in the meanwhile.

Hope that helps out.

-TF

C

crazywb

Hey farmers I have some pics for ya from my cab. It was a hot summer so I dialed the 600 down to 400 other than that I've just been tinkering with it trying to get a feel of what I wanna do with it.

So far im really leaning towards beds. I like how I only have to water one container vs 12 little ones and I like how its performing its great for this setup imo. Kiss philosophy in action :joint:

Here's some shots. Ill get some more up tomorrow
2011-07-18_21-59-16_863.jpg
20110914224545.jpg
20110925232104.jpg

D

DaddyFatSacks

what up, i have a very similar cab, looks very clean man. Excited to see how things turn out

DaddyFatSacks:pimp:

Top Bottom