600w hps lighting recommendations for grow tent

• Thread starter Dummy buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

I'm tossing the idea of buying 2, 600w digital hps lights to put in my tent. I have air cooled hoods already. I'm going to compare them to an L.E.D setup I'm currently working with. All of Googles suggestions, have mostly bad reviews. What do you guys use/recommend?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you can find 315w CMH gavitas on craiglist all day long for less than $200.

without stating what size of tent you're talking about no one can help you. just saying.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

you can find 315w CMH gavitas on craiglist all day long for less than $200.

without stating what size of tent you're talking about no one can help you. just saying.
I apologize, its a 4x8x8 tent, I've got everything else, I'm wondering what brand ballast people recommend. I've read reviews on several that included radio interference, to fires, melted plugs and cables, and mush more. A digital, adjustable balast would be preferred.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Can I ask why you are switching from LED to CMH? I’ve been using LED for the last 6 grows. I don’t have to worry about my tent overheating, less energy costs, and I feel safer with LED.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Can I ask why you are switching from LED to CMH? I’ve been using LED for the last 6 grows. I don’t have to worry about my tent overheating, less energy costs, and I feel safer with LED.
I'm not switching, I'm going to run them both. I currently have 2, 600w Fluence SpydrX in one tent. I want to see what 2 600w CMH in a tent and see what it does.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i'll argue against anything vivosun brand all day long. but to each their own.

i'll reiterate you can find used 315w cmh lights by gavita, a known quality brand, on craigslist all day long for cheap.

vivosun is known for all kinds of quality issues and marketing claims that don't pan out. i have personal experience with several of their products and the "savings" i gained by going cheap led to added expense on buying real quality gear. fuck vivosun.

Observationist

Observationist

whatever you do, no one bring up s*********** LEDS, this guy HATES them

simple as fuck HPS bulb.

ive used NEITHER lol.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I've had the same Galaxy 600w for 6 years. All good. has settings for 400w, 600w, and super+10%. I also have an UltraSun, 5 years, no issues. I think they are excellent for basement grows, as you will not have to supplement heat. I like to run 2 side by side in a 4 x 8, @ 400w, them blast them when the time is right. Have fun with your test, and please report back :)

Top Bottom