600WATT SPLITERS and lumen output ???

• Thread starter Gnostic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gnostic

I know someone out there has run a splitter on there thousand watt ballast in order to run two 600w bulbs.
My question is to you---- do you get the same par and lumen output in a system using a thousand watt ballast running two bulbs as you do from two separate ballast. This is a question in theory for me as I lack the meter to do this test and generally only run thous.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My electrician buddy says there's no way a splitter will magically produce 1200w from a 1000w ballast. So, you're basically running your 600w bulbs at 500w(ish). That has been shown to change the spectrum as well as the brightness of the bulb.
I gave mine away. To someone I don't like. :-) LOL

Natural

Natural

I was looking into this too..seems Solis Tek might be full of shit. Everything I read says diminished wattage as well. I was hoping they ran on some super watts setting or something similar. Not that it sounds appealing, but Lumatek has those dual 600 watt ballasts..I wonder how well those perform?

sixstring

sixstring

I was looking into this too..seems Solis Tek might be full of shit. Everything I read says diminished wattage as well. I was hoping they ran on some super watts setting or something similar. Not that it sounds appealing, but Lumatek has those dual 600 watt ballasts..I wonder how well those perform?
im running a pair of the lumitec dual 600 watt and its been about 14 months and i like them.no more heat then a single 600 from me touching the ballast they almost feel cooler then the singles lol.i have one running 2x 400 hps and it almost feels cold.i will def buy these again.

G

Gnostic

thanks all I will be stickin' w my thou's but it is a question that had to be asked. I suppose spectum change is the most disturbing but under power a bulb and bingo dim dull bulb.
Six are you running a dual ballast or two bulbs one ballast?

Natural

Natural

Dual ballast, lumatec dimmable 600's
that sounds promising six...
not to appealing on my end..cause @ my shop it's hard enough to get them to replace a regular ballast if something goes wrong, much less a special order. guess I could go the mail-order route and deal with it that way.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah I.just figure fuck it if I'm down 2 lights for a few days it wont hurt nothing, I got 15 lights and I made sure to space those lights away from each other. Got several lumatec 600 singles, no problems from lumatec ime.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I know someone out there has run a splitter on there thousand watt ballast in order to run two 600w bulbs.
My question is to you---- do you get the same par and lumen output in a system using a thousand watt ballast running two bulbs as you do from two separate ballast. This is a question in theory for me as I lack the meter to do this test and generally only run thous.
Sunpulse tried this years ago with BAD results. Not sure about the Solistek ones.

not to appealing on my end..cause @ my shop it's hard enough to get them to replace a regular ballast if something goes wrong, much less a special order. guess I could go the mail-order route and deal with it that way.
Really? I've never had a problem returning a lumitek. A few years back I had the first run of the them and they put out a rf that was interfering with some other equipment in my room so I called them and they replaced them with new ones.

Natural

Natural

Really? I've never had a problem returning a lumitek. A few years back I had the first run of the them and they put out a rf that was interfering with some other equipment in my room so I called them and they replaced them with new ones.
ya..it's just my shop in particular...it being a driving issue and having only so many shops around too. If they don't have your exact model in stock with a receipt..they gouge the refund or you have to wait out the restocking process.
Starting to be annoyed with them, they got some know-it-all manager now, and he's pushing LED's hard..lol. Might just give up and go mail order for ballasts, and always have an extra one on hand.

Z

ziggy1

So I have the sun pulse splitter running on a purple lumatek 1000w on super lumens setting which puts out 1108w on that setting and use a dual cool tube with 2 600 w plantmax bulbs and have great results. Been running it for years… no bad results here. .9-1g/watt consistently

sixstring

sixstring

Hey bro, heres where I got mine from, I order a ton of stuff from these guys.not sure where your at but here in michigan i get my stuff in 2 days sometimes 3.just got a package from them today, new nanolux 600 dimmable and a cooltube was like 240.00 to my door.they are great on returns, they just email you a shipping label and you print it out and send in for replacement or store credit.ill post some pics of this new ballast in my thread tomorrow, its crazy how small it is.peace

http://www.plantlightinghydroponics...0w-l6240t-electronic-ballast-240v-p-4754.html

Top Bottom