630 Air Cooled Cmh: Glass Or No Glass?

• Thread starter nath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

i gather running glass it will b less efficient .probably under 600??.. fans and good extraction setup is your answer..

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

The glass will technically take some light and uvb from your plant. In my experience however, it's pretty negligible. That said, i have also found i really prefer to run my cmh bare and cool the room as opposed to cooling each light individually like we used to do with hps bulbs. Still would be fine to run air through just to pull away that air and move it, which cools it also. If you're running just that light though, tubes used to make 10 degree difference with a real fan on it, so it could be the difference in your specific situation. What's your setup like? Where you exhausting this room to? Just this light? Whatever is going to get you better environment is the right answer imo. A consistent environment to learn in, with a more even heat distribution will benefit you more than the light taken from the glass.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

What about the bulb Daiko.do cmh havev air cooled bulbs??

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

What about the bulb Daiko.do cmh havev air cooled bulbs??
I shouldn't have said tubes. The air cooled hoods was what i was talking about. There are air cooled hoods that you can have the glass on and some with duct hookups like a cooltube. You're asking if they make like a true air cooled bulb with a single lair of glass? Un-shielded bulbs exist. If you can help me understand you better, i can hopefully answer you better. OPs hood is setup to use shielded without glass, or un shielded with glass. Using both glass can reduce temperature, getting an air hookup hood can also. For a newer grower, temperature is more important imo than marginal light amounts.

Madmax

Madmax

I didnt know cmh had air cooled hoods with glass.so i just thought there would b a different bulb used than the open type bulb...

nath

nath

Daiko, is there any way I could message you? I have a couple questions which I promise to limit in quantity and keep concise.

gwheels

gwheels

I have read the glass impedes the UV radiation. A lot of 315 fixtures have no glass in them

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Daiko, is there any way I could message you? I have a couple questions which I promise to limit in quantity and keep concise.
For sure. I can be flaky cause my illness but if i give my word, it stands. Write whatever you want and i'll get a reply back by tomorrow morning latest(it's my 11am now).

nath

nath

For sure. I can be flaky cause my illness but if i give my word, it stands. Write whatever you want and i'll get a reply back by tomorrow morning latest(it's my 11am now).

Daiko that's very generous of you. For some reason I can't message you though?

Latest posts

Top Bottom