65 Days In And Now Mites ? H E L P !

• Thread starter Mr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.X

Mr.X

I would appreciate all the help, advice whatever. Im 65 days in flowering my SSH and today i just noticed the tell tell signs of spider mites.
65 days in and now mites  h e l p

Mr.X

Mr.X

The fucking webbing !!! Its not a full blown infestation, YET. It was a plant in the far back. Ive got a couple of rooms with 3 columns each. 3 containers wide, 5 deep. So in one of the columns theres about 4 ladies with crabs. My question is WTF should i do ? Should i just harvdst them all, the infectdd ones or what. Theres quite a few ladies that arent done. And ive got no empty rooms to quarantine the infected ones. Can i finish my run in about 10 more days and not worry about molds, or whatever else spider mites might bring. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Yikes! I would take them now, the bugs have won at this point. Those plants are basically dead with that kind of tenting going on. The mites are on your floors, walls, ceilings everywhere and you when you see a tent like that. Bleach your floors walls everything you got.

Most importantly if they are not in the other rooms you have make sure not to pollute the rest of your crop. Get your temps down and spray with nukem or mighty wash if you decide to try to keep them going full term.

Good luck

Mr.X

Mr.X

Thanx 4 chiming in, i cant spray them now im no more than 10 or 15 days to harvest. That was the only plant that had webbing. I chopped its head off. Theres 40 others in the same room but only 4 are showing infestation. I can get the temps below 70. Check out my grow journal. Its under And so it begins. Like that you can see my setup. The shit is to pull those 4, im going to have to harvest a whole 15 pl as nt section. The trellis is holding them all up. FUUUUCK !!!! shit...

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

whoa that's scary looking man, if it were me that whole room would get chopped and cleaned hard. get a micro shop vac accessory kit and clean up what you can. if there's webbing, its an infestation. good luck.

Mr.X

Mr.X

whoa that's scary looking man, if it were me that whole room would get chopped and cleaned hard. get a micro shop vac accessory kit and clean up what you can. if there's webbing, its an infestation. good luck.
Shit ! Fuuuuuuck !!!!! Yeah man, i pretty much know it. Just dont wanna admit it to my fuckin self. Well at least this happened at the end of the run. Ive still got 3 rooms wigh no signs oc infestation. Fingers stayin crossed. Thanx 4 passin through bro. Any advicd on clean up after harvest ?

Mr.X

Mr.X

Yikes! I would take them now, the bugs have won at this point. Those plants are basically dead with that kind of tenting going on. The mites are on your floors, walls, ceilings everywhere and you when you see a tent like that. Bleach your floors walls everything you got.

Most importantly if they are not in the other rooms you have make sure not to pollute the rest of your crop. Get your temps down and spray with nukem or mighty wash if you decide to try to keep them going full term.

Good luck
Im gonna just scrap it all, any recommendations on post harvest clean up ? SMFH...

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Bleach at 20% dilution. Every surface. Also bleach your floors in the other rooms. A high powered ozone generator will kill everything in the room if you let it run for a few days. If you can get the harvested plants to different locale. The mites will continue to feed on the plants even after you chop. they will then abandon ship and climb up and then across what every you are hanging them on and find another live plant to feed on.

Mr.X

Mr.X

I would just shop vac the webs off the top seen this many times.... Work on spraying your veg every 3 days with Einstein oil or something.
Ive got a good shopvac i use to suck up runoff . So do you think i can let them go another week and when theyre done just vac the webs off the buds ? I trim wet anyways. I only say it bdcause sometimes thd vac catches a leaf here and there snd it really does a number on it. Shreds it to hell.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ive got a good shopvac i use to suck up runoff . So do you think i can let them go another week and when theyre done just vac the webs off the buds ? I trim wet anyways. I only say it bdcause sometimes thd vac catches a leaf here and there snd it really does a number on it. Shreds it to hell.
Ya there not really gonna do anymore damage then has already been done. Lower your temps will slow them down a bit.
After you chop the mites will all collect at the tip of the hanger as they dry.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Sorry, i dont quite follow. The mites are going to collect at the tip of the hanger ? I dont understand what you mean. I dry my plants by hanging them on a line, like a clothesline or rope, buds on the stem or branch. Whdn they dry i removd them and place in airtight containers to cure fo 15 days, ideally a mongh at least. But i never do cure them for that long because of demand.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Oh well yes the mites that you don't suck up with the vac will collect on the topof the hanging branches and on your clothes line and they will die from starvation.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Oh well yes the mites that you don't suck up with the vac will collect on the topof the hanging branches and on your clothes line and they will die from starvation.
Ok, sounds good, so what do you think if i let them go another 10 days ? Only downside i can forsee is theite population EXPLODING. I do have another room with SSH like this 1 and i have 2 other s one with an afghani also at 65 dsys in flower and another with thd ladies going on week 4. Do you think i should risk it or just AXE everything. Ive also got a bunch of clones on a multi level stand in the kitchen. But its open air. Decisions, decisions. .. im no good at them. Thats the shit. Thanx 4 bearing with my craziness man. I appreciate you takin time out 2 help.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
for whats still growing ...ive heard you can use nuke em late in harvest... latest i have experience week 5 and no probs... good luck

Mr.X

Mr.X

for whats still growing ...ive heard you can use nuke em late in harvest... latest i have experience week 5 and no probs... good luck
Thanx 4 passin, idk man. I cant put poisons on my shit and sleep well at night you know what i mean. These plants arent gonna be up for more than 2 more weeks any how. So there isnt going to be sufficient time for that kind of stuff to dissipate. And i cant spray, the colas ard huge !!! I'll get mold for sure. Check out my joufnal so you can see for yourself. It under : And so it begins. Thank you any how. GN

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
nuke em is citric acid and yeast... not poisonous at all. it fights mold as well.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Ok, so far this is what I've dug up. Spider mites are A-sexual if need be, wich means if conditionsaren't favorable they can self impregnate and lay up to 20 eggs, they dont like cold or humid weather. Their lifespan is about 30 days they take 5 days to mature and can lay eggs every 4 days. They develop a tolerance and eventual immunity to poisons so it is recommended that various products be used simultaneously . ONE MUST KNOW ONES ENEMY, FIND HIS WEAKNESSES AND U SEE E IT AGAINST THEM !!! so heres the battle plan, well the ones affected are going to be harvested because they're 9 friggin weeks in. The ones showing least infestation im going to put a mosquito net over the nozzle of my shopvac and fuck M2 hell. All walls, floors, tarps, ceilings, utensils etc... will be washed down 1st with a solution of alcohol and water, then bleach. The clones i have ready will be sprayed with azamax, spinosad, and isopropyl alcohol all in rotation at 3 day intervals for 3 weeks. Im looking into a rootdrench also. Wich SUCKS, if
anybody knows or has info on should i get rid of my medium because of spider mites please let me know. I grow in coco and usually reuse my coco a couple of times. Never had any problems whatsoever. Actually it gets better because it becomes SUPERCHARGED and doesn't even need all the Xtra calmag. Anyhow that a whole other thread. Most of the hardcore growers who really know their shit have told me im better off culling everything, cleaning and if possible fogging the entire house and starting fresh. 1 guy told me to actually drop the site all together. But that's a bit drastic 4 me. + i have a shitload of clones just waiting for me to harvest these ladies to flip M aaaand... a couple of ladies going on their 4th week right now. To scrap everything and start from beenz... is... time consuming just to think about. Well fellow farmers, we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens, how things develop N play it by ear.ME ? AS ALWAYS IM GONNA STAY POSITIVE, i already am in the mind frame of : things could've been a lot worse. Had this shit happened 3 weeks ago i would've been in a world of hurt, fucked up my christmas N all. So im glad it didnt and im grateful to be a participant in this awesome forum that is thcfarmer where i get to share ideas and encouragement from like minded individuals such as all of you. Thank you all sincerely. Ps ; when things are hectic and seem out of your control, CHILL, relax sit down and take a time out to smell the roses. And remember... things could always be worse. And worse things are happening to better people right now at this very moment to better people. PEACE !!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom