650 W LED VS 600 W HPS EXODUS CHEESE & CRITICAL BILBO

• Thread starter Tesla666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tesla666

Tesla666

Hi i'm actually growing 72 cuttings in a SOG of coco, in a 4x8 tent using 650W LED on a side of the tent and 600w of HPS on the other side. In 76 1.65L pots.
Actually on the 10th day of bloom, i started this grow to test My new LED light and see the differeces between LED and HPS. I need HPS Also to get the tent on the right temp with Lights on.
If u like My grow feel free to ask and give advices.
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 15
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 12
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 20
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 18

650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 2
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 3
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 4
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 5
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 6
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 7
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 8
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 9
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 10
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 11
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 13
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 14
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 16
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 17
650 w led vs 600 w hps exodus cheese  critical bilbo 19
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Hey very cool grow and set up! Thank you for sharing with us.

I never did a side by side like you, but I grew with 1000 watt hps bulbs for years and just switched to LED. After my first harvest using LED I can honestly say that I yield the same if not more from my 650 watt LEDs as I did with the 1000 watters.

Buds are still just as potent as with the hps/mh set up I had before. Bud density is just about the same.

When I used the hps bulbs I had to run an A/C and light movers to keep it cool in there. Those have both been discontinued. So I'm saving on electricity as well. So far a win win all the way around.

I am very interested in your set up and how it will all pan out for you. I am following along for sure! Again, thank you for sharing!

Tesla666

Tesla666

I never did a side by side like you, but I grew with 1000 watt hps bulbs for years and just switched to LED. After my first harvest using LED I can honestly say that I yield the same if not more from my 650 watt LEDs as I did with the 1000 watters.

Buds are still just as potent as with the hps/mh set up I had before. Bud density is just about the same.

When I used the hps bulbs I had to run an A/C and light movers to keep it cool in there. Those have both been discontinued. So I'm saving on electricity as well. So far a win win all the way around.

I am very interested in your set up and how it will all pan out for you. I am following along for sure! Again, thank you for sharing!

The structure Of the plants it's better in LED they eat more so i think that the yield is going to be bigger down LED. Feel free to share the pictures of your plants behind LED.

Thank u friend

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nice set up. The LED should yield more because 650w of LED should be equivalent to a 1000w HPS. I wonder if the plants in the center would be bigger or more dense because they receive light from both fixtures. Good luck!

Tesla666

Tesla666

Nice set up. The LED should yield more because 650w of LED should be equivalent to a 1000w HPS. I wonder if the plants in the center would be bigger or more dense because they receive light from both fixtures. Good luck!
Idk yet but surw they Will have the Big yield of LED and the good terpene of sodium...
Thanks for ur coment bro

Veteran

Veteran

How was the result? What was the difference in yield and bud size between the two lights?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Hi i'm actually growing 72 cuttings in a SOG of coco, in a 4x8 tent using 650W LED on a side of the tent and 600w of HPS on the other side. In 76 1.65L pots.
Actually on the 10th day of bloom, i started this grow to test My new LED light and see the differeces between LED and HPS. I need HPS Also to get the tent on the right temp with Lights on.
If u like My grow feel free to ask and give advices.View attachment 1102081View attachment 1102078View attachment 1102086View attachment 1102084
I ran with HPS lights for 20+ years and was hesitant to switch to LED After I tried a blurple out six or seven years ago. A year and a half ago i got a couple Full spec LEDs , and one grow later I switched out every fixture to the new LEDs. I think you're going to be stoked on them. There were a few changes that I had to make. I had to readjust all my humidity settings because my AC wasn't running nearly as much, which is a good thing in my book, and also I had to at the EC a little bit in the beginning of flower. I cut 2000 bucks off my electrical costs per month by making the switch, and I like the end result better even than HPS, and I was a diehard HPS guy

Tesla666

Tesla666

How was the result? What was the difference in yield and bud size between the two lights?
LED light at 580w yielded 650g dried and perfectly manicured buds and TOP Quality flowers. It could yield more but i was conservative with the distance of the led to the canopy it could be 10cm more close to the canopy and have fear about light extress. Actually bought a lux meter.

HPS yielded 590 grams very dense cheese uk flowers, the estructure of the UK it's perfect for grow down HPS cuz it have a short distance between nodes.

LED it's very superior yo HPS ir u have the righ environment. If u grow in a Cole place you'll have issues.

Actually growing 72 cuttings of GG#4 aide bu aide tío and LED have the Best structure.

Some photos OS buds and a pic pf the actual grow.

IMG 20210520 193631
IMG 20210601 211636
IMG 20210508 152909
IMG 20210503 202943
IMG 20210520 192738
Veteran

Veteran

LED light at 580w yielded 650g dried and perfectly manicured buds and TOP Quality flowers. It could yield more but i was conservative with the distance of the led to the canopy it could be 10cm more close to the canopy and have fear about light extress. Actually bought a lux meter.

HPS yielded 590 grams very dense cheese uk flowers, the estructure of the UK it's perfect for grow down HPS cuz it have a short distance between nodes.

LED it's very superior yo HPS ir u have the righ environment. If u grow in a Cole place you'll have issues.

Actually growing 72 cuttings of GG#4 aide bu aide tío and LED have the Best structure.

Some photos OS buds and a pic pf the actual grow.
Great grow man the buds look frosty 💪.

karolanne

karolanne

What LED do you use?

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

What LED do you use?
Yeah I use the Meijiu 650 watt F8 plus light bars. AKA Chinese lights...lol I get mine from Alibaba for like 900 each and they are worth every penny! Plants simply love these lights and I harvest 18 inch colas regularly. From China to Detroit. With love.
IMG 2723

karolanne

karolanne

Yeah I use the Meijiu 650 watt F8 plus light bars. AKA Chinese lights...lol I get mine from Alibaba for like 900 each and they are worth every penny! Plants simply love these lights and I harvest 18 inch colas regularly. From China to Detroit. With love.
View attachment 1132509
I'm surprised. I though chinese led was bad...

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I'm surprised. I though chinese led was bad...
I don't know, I'm pretty sure just about 99% of the leds out there are made in China. I just get mine directly from the source. The days of Chinese goods being subpar are over. The folks that have some ridiculous ideology that if its not American made its no good...sorry to break it to you but American made means shit. I don't buy into the blind patriotism. I am an informed consumer who did my research and found the best lights for my budget. And they are of high quality. Great deal. China is a super power. Get used to it. They have trains that go 500 miles an hour and the best damn grow lights money can buy. IMO.

karolanne

karolanne

I don't know, I'm pretty sure just about 99% of the leds out there are made in China. I just get mine directly from the source. The days of Chinese goods being subpar are over. The folks that have some ridiculous ideology that if its not American made its no good...sorry to break it to you but American made means shit. I don't buy into the blind patriotism. I am an informed consumer who did my research and found the best lights for my budget. And they are of high quality. Great deal. China is a super power. Get used to it. They have trains that go 500 miles an hour and the best damn grow lights money can buy. IMO.
I'll look into that. I have to buy my lights and I absolutly don't know in which direction go.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

American made means shit? Really, like what? Not many things are made in America anymore, it's too expensive for the corporations, so everything is made in China because of cost.

Some stuff from China is good quality and some stuff is complete dog shit.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

American made means shit? Really, like what? Not many things are made in America anymore, it's too expensive for the corporations, so everything is made in China because of cost.

Some stuff from China is good quality and some stuff is complete dog shit.
True. I shouldn't make blanket statements like that. There are quality American made products. I guess. I am American and hail from Detroit Michigan. Sorry man but I wouldn't own an American made car. JUNK. Shit breaks down right at 60 months when the warranty runs out...lol I mean they can build airplanes that last 50 years, but the American automobile last five. lol I knew I would probably take some flack for the first statement and will probably take some more for this one. But that's ok. These are my opinions and I am entitled to them. The good thing is the My Pillow is still made right here in the good ole US of A....lol AMERICA! Please list some other quality American made products? I am on the edge of my seat...lol (Oh we produced trillions of dollars worth of smart bombs over the last few years. Those are of the highest quality killing machines.) lol AMERICA!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

True. I shouldn't make blanket statements like that. There are quality American made products. I guess. I am American and hail from Detroit Michigan. Sorry man but I wouldn't own an American made car. JUNK. Shit breaks down right at 60 months when the warranty runs out...lol I mean they can build airplanes that last 50 years, but the American automobile last five. lol I knew I would probably take some flack for the first statement and will probably take some more for this one. But that's ok. These are my opinions and I am entitled to them. The good thing is the My Pillow is still made right here in the good ole US of A....lol AMERICA! Please list some other quality American made products? I am on the edge of my seat...lol (Oh we produced trillions of dollars worth of smart bombs over the last few years. Those are of the highest quality killing machines.) lol AMERICA!

I agree, American car companies are junk compared to Japanese, but still better than Chinese cars lol. Alot of Japanese and German car companies have manufacturing plants here in the USA, so the invention of them was done overseas, but the actual vehicles are made here nowadays.

The problem with listing American products that are high quality is that almost nothing is made here anymore, that's what I was trying to say. If I had to choose a few items, obviously firearms made here are very good quality for the most part, especially my AR15, cast iron skillets, whiskey is another one, lol.

Not many options to choose from. There is good and bad products everywhere, but China has alot of bad products, most all the LED grow lights come from China, there are a few good ones, and alot of shitty ones.

Top Bottom