6k Aero setup

• Thread starter Smok3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smok3y

Hey guys I wanted to run my plans with you lot. I am planning a 10x 600w grow meaning total of 6k lights Aeroponic grow. The room is going to be 26foot by 10ft which you can see from the pictures. Ignore the plasterboard thing that was just me working out how many to buy.
I am going to have my reservoir outside the grow room so there is not heat issues with that.

I will have 5 Aero units. Each unit will have 3 rails, 7 sites per rail so 21 sites all together. The red dots on the picture are where I am going to have my lights. It will be 2 lights per unit so 1200w for 21 plants. I will be using 770GPH water pump in a 25 gallon reservoir per unit.I will have ballasts outside the room to help keep the temperatures low and I currently have a 18k BTU window a/c considering buying an extra 5k portable unit as well. I am just going to have normal reflectors no air cooled or nothing too expensive but might add it in later. Room will be of course totally sealed with a Co2 generator inside. The blue line is where I am planning on having my a/c but might change it not sure yet.

Anything am missing or any tips what so ever?

Final room
Flowering unit updated
darkmatter

darkmatter

sounds alright but are there many people using this type of system, if not might be something to it,it all sounds groovey to me,i go deaf if hear hydro cause i cant afford to deal with the drama and cost.i just use cotainers.when i was shopping a system i got a water farm didnt even bother using it ,then i got a table and it leans on the wall.right now im using lots of store bought earthboxes around bare bulbs with mini bushes.hydro is cool if you can really set up shop and that hasnt happend for me so far.once i was shopping around i came close to ordering a two light worthy botanicare aero setup at a point, i just liked the way it looked,and had seen some good photos in mags.if you got a good clone game then should be great.if i had that room i would just use big cotainers or trays with cheap smartpots,maybe bushes i think you could yeild way more, or some other way,not saying what way or how maybe something will pop up.

S

Smok3y

I've noticed that there are not many people using this set-up. Was'nt sure if it was just because its more new when compared to all the other methods. I've only done 1 soil grow before which was 6 months ago and that turned out fine and will be starting from scratch with some clones am getting so there is no routine for me.
I was thinking its the best for me since I am going to be working full-time and and studying full time. My studying comes first then the grow and then work so it won't be getting neglected. Plus I was thinking once all the equipment is set up correctly I will just need to check it once a day and ensure everything is correct ppm/ph/sprays/temperture/lights etc and once every 1-2weeks sorted the nutes out.
I will be using the pumps only for 1 harvest then just dump them so theres no risk of pump failure. And will have filters to prevent clogging. The prices that I've seen for smart pots was faaaar to expensive in my country so can't really go down that route.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I can assure you this is not a system to run if your not going to be in your garden all the time. These systems are very tricky and take a very skilled grower to pull off. Also cost is way up there. I would look into ebb n flow if you really want to do hydro but best idea is to stay w dirt and go 1000w lights

S

Smok3y

I am going to be doing a DIY build and most of the parts I already have so I won't have a big start up cost main cost for system would be pumps. And I already have a very good nute recipe which uses low ppm but does a good job from what I've seen on quite alot of threads on another forum. For the price of 1 1000w I can get 2 600w and save around $40-50. So figured the extra 200w, the coverage plus the $40 I would save is worth it. I don't mind putting in the hours or the effort but if there is nothing to do after I've carefully been looking at the plants making sure everything looks good etc and ensured everything is at the correct figure then I would think its fine or am I wrong??
I wouldn't know where to start with ebb n flow either I've been researching Aero for the past 9 months+ and have virtually only focused on that lool but the past 1-2 weeks been wondering if I am making the right choice since very few people do big grows with Aero :/
Thanks for your help though +Rep to both of you :)

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Ya man I really wouldn't suggest going aero. If you want to try it which I don't blame ya who doesnt love a challenge but don't Deticate your whole grow too it. You can do alot of reading but still man it's quite a system and aero isn't anything new it's been around for a whiles. It's a very Needy system and one small bump in the rd goes real bad in less than 2 hrs. If you have the chambers look into nft system there also pretty easy and use most of the same parts. Or even a drip system. Aero does kick ass but man it can be a bitch and working/school/life It's a gamble if you ask me. The 1000w vs the 600w.. The 1ks For me and can't tell you why but they allways laydown a nice yield were the 600s and I've ran 600s for a whiles take a very dialed grow and canopy to get good solid nugs/yield.

S

Smok3y

I've heard quite a few people saying to not dedicate a full grow to Aero so I think am going to take your advice and just not do it.
I am going to look at either flood and drain or DWC I have seen some huge trees! with DWC but I have no idea how it works. I am going to be doing a Scrog anyway so I should have a nice canopy for the 600's.
If you have any articles/threads/videos for ebb n flow and DWC it would be much appreciated!!! Thank you for the advice + Rep!

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Ebb n flow is pretty simple just search DIY ebb n flow and there endless info and it's really easy to understand. Dwc can't help ya there did bubble buckets a few years ago and didn't have luck although can't say I gave it a chance. Alot of guys on here kill the dwc and there's a ton of info here at the farm. And the 600s rock em man. I just recently switched back to 1ks from 600s but I like to change things up. I ran 600s for the past 3 years and with scrog you can really kick some ass. I just missed the big ol 1k buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom