6K and Some SFV in Recirculating Chow Mix

• Thread starter Landfishd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Landfishd

Landfishd

OK finally got my lazy ass to do another grow. This one I'm hoping goes a lot smoother than my first. I don't think I will play with dirt inside again for a while, and I've been interested in this Chow for a while so I decided to go for it.

I've got 3 3x6 tables sitting under 6 1000's with 32 2 gallon fabric pots being fed via 3/4" pvc to 1/4" drip lines circling the stem with 6 holes punched in them.

Vegged in a 1k tent and everything was looking pretty good then transplanted and all the leaves curled up and everything looked like shit! I think my problem was that I should have flushed the pots better. It was easy to flush them in the solo cups so I think I just underestimated how much I should have watered when I transplanted. Flushed a couple days ago about 20 gallons each table with ph'd tap. Now I think I have fixed them they are not curled anymore but some plants are still kinda yellow and lame looking. Others are super green and my ppms and ph are staying stable in the res.

Feeding with Veg+Bloom from Hydroponic Research at 600ppm with my socal tap water coming in at about 400-450. From what I've read about recirculating systems you want to stay pretty low. You can gauge how much to lower or higher the ppm by reading any ppm fluctuations in the res. Right now letting the plants use up a bit of the water the ppms are staying the same. I feel like 600 is so low though and looking at some of the plants it would also seem to be low, but then I have some others that are super green so I don't know I think I'll keep it the same for now. I've just read that the SFV likes it real heavy so I worry that I'm underfeeding them.

I've been afraid to flower because of the health of these guys after transplanting but they are getting too big for my space plus they are looking a LOT better then they did about a week ago. So I flowered them today is day 1. I will upload some pics in a minute.

Only other thing in the res besides the Veg+Bloom is Lacto Bacteria I think I can use this in place of an enzyme product?? Any thoughts about that? I might just go buy some of the cheap pond stuff from Petsmart or Walmart though it's super cheap so might as well. Also for this first week I will be putting a bit of MOAB in there...

Any questions please ask!! Also any input on if you think they look hungry. I've been trying to read a bunch about recirculating res top ups I think what I understand is that if your plants are hungry your ppms will lower in the res but what I haven't been to clear about is if you are supposed to read the ppm's before or after topping off with plain or nuted water? Seems obvious to me to read it before topping off anything and if ppms are the same as what you put in your girls are happy and to just top off with the same ppms just replenishing what you had in there before.

K I'll try to keep this interesting!! So far I'm digging the ease of this system. I love the dirt but I think I'll have to wait for some outdoor land to play with it again. I fucked it up pretty hard trying to bring it inside last time. It's just so easy outside with big pots! Unfair.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Ok these were taken yesterday before the flip. Pics in a couple days for progress.

Here are a couple full room shots

CAM01673

CAM01670

And a nice green one

CAM01669

And a sad yellow one

CAM01663

Drip setup

CAM01651

CAM01650

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Nice grow man, i like your tables!! Try buying some hygrozyme or some multi zen to make the rest of your plants happy. I use HG and i feed at about 800-900 ppm in veg. I also never flush mine or add just water till the last weeks in flower.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Thanks for the tip I was probably gonna buy an enzyme product from the pet store and ill be dumping some teas in the res soon. Thinking I might also put a layer of EWC on top of these guys. Saw someone doing that here forgot who or where but it sounds good to me!

I'm thinking will up the ppms soon do you recirculate?

Landfishd

Landfishd

Promise I won't disappoint. If this shit turns out wack I'll load the thread up with pictures of dank booty and hash. Ok deal??

Landfishd

Landfishd

Ok so I upped the res in table 2 and 3 (middle and right) to about 700. I watered and measured the actual runoff not the res after run off is done. Ppms were at 650 so i think its time to up the dose, right!!? Ooooh man this is very exciting I'm totally gonna do at least 3 jumping jacks right now... Watch out homies shit's about to get nutts...

Landfishd

Landfishd

Forgot to add a couple details-

Irrigation cycle is up to every two hours for one minute this is just enough time to get a waterfall going into the res. The pots stay pretty heavy and I'm hoping I'm not overwatering ,but as I understand, and the reason I chose this medium, is that you really can't over water. So... Any opinions?

Ok who wants another pretty hash shot??

CAM01502 1

Landfishd

Landfishd

Picture time!

Everything is looking better... Upped the ppms to about 800

Have some fungus gnats so I top dressed with ewc and I'm gonna order me some of caps bennies or ogbiowar as he calls It.

Day 6

CAM01724

CAM01716

CAM01715

Landfishd

Landfishd

Sorry for crappy pics I gotta get some good lighting in here for picture days

growinman

growinman

Yes, looking very nice for sure!! The shatter too;).
Are they all more uniform in color now??--->all looking the same, or still differences in some? they look GREAT in the pics!
I notice your running gro bags and the white plastic pots....any preferrence yet? Also, if I may ask, is there a diy or similar write-up somewhere on your auto-feed system?
I am running coco for the first time atm and doing dtw with 1.5 gal pots------so really searching for a auto-watering idea....

Anyway, I like your style/set-up and am subbed up. Have a great night with that shatter(co2?) and I bet you have real nice glasswear to match!
peace
gman

Landfishd

Landfishd

Yes, looking very nice for sure!! The shatter too;).
Are they all more uniform in color now??--->all looking the same, or still differences in some? they look GREAT in the pics!
I notice your running gro bags and the white plastic pots....any preferrence yet? Also, if I may ask, is there a diy or similar write-up somewhere on your auto-feed system?
I am running coco for the first time atm and doing dtw with 1.5 gal pots------so really searching for a auto-watering idea....

Anyway, I like your style/set-up and am subbed up. Have a great night with that shatter(co2?) and I bet you have real nice glasswear to match!
peace
gman

Hey man sorry never replied I was incarcerated last Monday! my Damn PO hates me... Not sure why exactly. Anyway I'm back thankfully I had things sort of taken care of while I was gone but not without problems. So things aren't as nice they could have been.

Thanks for the compliments! The drip system is very simple taken from a thread on icmag. Search pico drip manifold.

Pics to come later in the week

The shatter was nice! Had a sample from a different batch not as nice as that last pic come back from the lab with 86% total cannabinoids and 0 trace of any solvents! It it's not co2 it is a winterized bho. No crazy glass ware I'm pretty boring these days!

growinman

growinman

Hey there, hope your having a good start to the weekend! Better than monday, eh....:( Been many years since I had to deal with that shit, but believe me, I know...........
I think I kind of over-did-it with the shatters and waxes.......kind of fried my throat( processed in a tamisuim) or similar and even was hurting to smoke the flowers.....but all good now. And it really sucks to drop a $375 fricken piece of glass that you dont even own(or so the dude that bought me the new one must think). I am offering it back to him for 125. There's some guys up here in wa that got a 70k processor for the co2 deal.....haven't tried the finshed product and have heard plus's minus's.....idk. Your shatter still looked GREAT!

I really wanted to thank you for the link to pico's thread! I been reading there since the other night and think I have figured out what to do---at least understand the options.

peace
gman

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Nice set-up. More and more I want to run tables like what you are doing.

Did you ever top dress with EWC? I mixed some EWC in with my reused coco for a current run and let it cook with some Cannazyme. It is my best run in coco so far, but it could be due to other factors. Curious if it works for others.

SFV should be some fire.

I'll be watching. Good luck.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Nice set-up. More and more I want to run tables like what you are doing.

Did you ever top dress with EWC? I mixed some EWC in with my reused coco for a current run and let it cook with some Cannazyme. It is my best run in coco so far, but it could be due to other factors. Curious if it works for others.

SFV should be some fire.

I'll be watching. Good luck.

Sorry I never replied! Haven't been browsing the farm been super busy lately guys so sorry for ditching the thread.yes i did top dress with ewc i think it was a good move pretty sure they liked it and the gnats didn't.

Things are moving along looks like I'm a week behind or so with all the bs that went on when i was gone. High heat up to 120° Anna a bad nutrient toxicity. Pumps also failed. This grow had not been perfect! Far from it!!some colas haven't recovered and they are very spindly... Others tho are doing great! I started to hit everything with moab about a week ago and the nice nugs are swelling up nicely.

I almost didn't reply to the thread because i can't get good pics in the roomi need more florescent light for picture taking... Anyway here are the pictures

About the end of week 7

Here's a nug that mysteriously fell off...
CAM00057

CAM00046

J

View attachment 321419

CAM00035

CAM00032

Top Bottom