6k Soil

• Thread starter Smok3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smok3y

Hey guys I wanted to run my plans with you lot. I am planning a 10x 600w grow meaning total of 6k lights grow. The room is going to be 32foot by 15ft which you can see from the pictures. Ignore the plasterboard thing that was just me working out how many to buy.
I am going to have my reservoir outside the grow room so there is not heat issues with that.

I will have 5 scrog units. Each unit will have 18 plants with 2x 600w lights per unit. The red dots on the picture are where I am going to have my lights. It will be 2 lights per unit so 1200w for 18 plants. I will have ballasts outside the room to help keep the temperatures low and I currently have a 18k BTU window a/c considering buying an extra 5k portable unit as well. I am just going to have normal reflectors no air cooled or nothing too expensive but might add it in later. Room will be of course totally sealed with a Co2 generator inside. The blue line is where I am planning on having my a/c but might change it not sure yet.

Anything am missing or any tips what so ever?

Final room2
E

epicseeds

Looks pretty solid. Only thing I can suggest if it's possible - as I saw another grower do this and it was incredible - but to should install a special glass window on the outside near the res, so you can look at the plants inside at any time. He had to get a special glass that didnt let any light in. He also had a bunch of green bulbs set up with a switch on the outside so he could see.

This way you can check up on things without letting c02 out and such.

S

Smok3y

Thanks for the reply epicseed! yeah I love both the idea's but the glass one is just going to be too much of an extra cost for me because I am running just abit short money wise for my targeted budget but I will be adding the green bulbs so I can work in the dark period thanks! Do you think the 18k window a/c is enough to cover the 6k heat?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

If you haven't bought the 600 s I would change em for 1000 s instead if you are gonna do vert in a room that big. Or Id you own the 600s already buy a flip box and double that design you have on one set of ballast. Also I would eliminate the walking space you have between and make it look like a checker board because you are not gonna be able to walk either way. Good luck!

BCrocker

BCrocker

Hey guys I wanted to run my plans with you lot. I am planning a 10x 600w grow meaning total of 6k lights grow. The room is going to be 32foot by 15ft which you can see from the pictures. Ignore the plasterboard thing that was just me working out how many to buy.
I am going to have my reservoir outside the grow room so there is not heat issues with that.

I will have 5 scrog units. Each unit will have 18 plants with 2x 600w lights per unit. The red dots on the picture are where I am going to have my lights. It will be 2 lights per unit so 1200w for 18 plants. I will have ballasts outside the room to help keep the temperatures low and I currently have a 18k BTU window a/c considering buying an extra 5k portable unit as well. I am just going to have normal reflectors no air cooled or nothing too expensive but might add it in later. Room will be of course totally sealed with a Co2 generator inside. The blue line is where I am planning on having my a/c but might change it not sure yet.

Anything am missing or any tips what so ever?

I have much experiece with 600w. IMO they work best with a 4x3 footprint. That being said, 4x9' table would have 3 x 600's on it.

10 x 600 watts with co2 you will need at least a 24000 btu AC. ( not aircooled lights)

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

^^ thats crazy i would never cool 10k watts with 24000 btu's=2 tons?

I would go with 48000 btu's 4 tons at least i dunno y ppl cheap out on there ac, with some sick setups thats the last thing to cheap out imo

BCrocker

BCrocker

^^ thats crazy i would never cool 10k watts with 24000 btu's=2 tons?

I would go with 48000 btu's 4 tons at least i dunno y ppl cheap out on there ac, with some sick setups thats the last thing to cheap out imo

maybe you should read what was said... it is 6k, not 10 k.

S

Smok3y

Iscrog4food I would LOVE to buy the 1000's but it cost waaaaay too much for me. I could buy 2-3 600's for the price of 1 1000 so it just does not make sense money wise since I am already a little short on it anyway.

BCrocker I was thinking since I will be scrogging the plants will have an even canopy the plants on the outside of the prime area of lighting will atleast be getting a small amount of light even if they turn out to be small shitty bud its fine. And the only reason I got the 18k a/c was because I picked it up dirt cheap but I was considering buying an extra 5k portable unit but am worried about Co2 and the odor being sucked out with the hot air :/
Thank you guys for the reply +Rep to all of you :D

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

my bad bc should have read harder i was way to baked brotha im used to seeing 1k setups

Id still go with more tho smokie lol just my 2 cents
I think its priceless for me and the plants to walk in a room with all lights blazing and its so cold like the lights arent even there, it make the quality of my buds go through the roof.

S

Smok3y

I was planning on buying an extra 5k btu maybe get a 10k one but they will be portable because the window/split ones are waaaay too expensive for me. You have any tips on odor control when using the portable because the hot smelly air will be getting sucked out :/ thanks for the reply

BCrocker

BCrocker

I was planning on buying an extra 5k btu maybe get a 10k one but they will be portable because the window/split ones are waaaay too expensive for me. You have any tips on odor control when using the portable because the hot smelly air will be getting sucked out :/ thanks for the reply

I have no experience with the portable AC's. Doens't sound like a good idea though if it is blowin out hot/smell. Is this a sealed room or are you going to have an exhaust? If you have a decent exhaust system, having a constant negative pressure in the room will rid any smell to the outside... works great if it is filtered properly. Although, this will most likely make your co2 run.

In this situation I would just run whatever this 18000btu AC could handle till I could afford an upgrade. I would have 5ton/60000 in a room that size.

S

Smok3y

The room will be totally sealed hopefully. I will take your advice of just running the 18k if the temps get too high then I will just buy a portable and put try and filter the smell some how :/ Thank you for the help!! +Rep

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

I see a few problems. My 600w cover 3x3 very well. Scrogs as large as yours need 6 lights each just to get 50w per foot. Trying to cover that much area with 2x600w will result in stretchy plants and a lot of popcorn. IMHO about 65w per foot grows good bud (3'x3'). 5 3'x6' scrogs would make more sense.

Trying to cool 6000w with 18kBTU will be difficult at best. Even air cooled lights will require about 24kBTU. I use 22k to cool each 3000w room with bare bulbs. With portable AC's, get the ones with two hoses to eliminate the exhausting of room air. Single hose units can be modified pretty easily though. Reducing room size will help with cooling. Obviously a smaller room requires less BTU's.Simple 2"x2" framing faced with Celotex panels ( mylar faced styrofoam) will do the trick. Even Panda film will work.

The rest of the plan looks sound. Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Fred

S

Smok3y

Thanks for your post. My pc broke so wasnt able to reply. I read somewhere that for a scrog unit it should be 5x5 for a 600w light but that is wrong figured that out after doing some research after you pointed it out. I was thinking about doing 4x8 which gives about 37.5 light per square foot you think that would be okay?

Also the dual hose a/c units are way! too expensive around my area I could get a cheap single hose ones. You also mentioned that you can modify them, do you have any links for that by any chance cant seem to find any.

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

4x8 still seems big for 2x600W. The problems start when you have to raise the light high enough to cover the area. You get pretty far away and may get decent bud in the middle, but the stuff at the edges will be pretty sparse. The light gets pretty feeble at that distance. Most scroggers use 40"x40" (1 sq. meter) per 600W. When I did scrogs that's what I used. Worked very well.

Don't remember where I read about modifying those AC units. The gist of it was to open the case and locate the air intake. Then attach a hose running through the wall of the room. Seemed real simple. There is a guy on this board with a forum just for cooling issues. He should be able to help.
Fred

S

Smok3y

Hmmm I will do 3.5x7 then and found the a/c thread you was talking about I will post in there thank you! +Rep

Top Bottom