6k too much in 10 x 10 tent?

• Thread starter webstar5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
webstar5

webstar5

Hey guys. I currently have a 10 x 10 tent. I am going to buy the Undercurrent UCDB16XL13 Double Barrel which is 18 plant sites set up for verticle lighting.

I plan on using 4k but I was wondering if 6k would be too much in that small room with my RDWC system?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Ryan

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

you will need a lot of cooling! On a RDWC (aka recurring death without cause) you will need to overenineer your cooling because high temps = root rot. I have 6k in a 10 x 11 with cool tubes ( in coco though) and I have a 12,000 btu a/c and my temps hit 81 max but I live in the rockies so it is regularly below 0 here. I am expecting to have to add more ac or turn off lights when summer comes. Also make sure you have a big chiller and, if possible locate your rez outside of the tent (which you will need to do likely to fit an 18 site uc in a 10x10) goodluck

webstar5

webstar5

Yes, I am going to have the res and the control bucket on the outside of the tent. Im also going to use a 1/4 pound chiller.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

mmmm cheeseburgers lol.
1/4 ton chiller im sure is what he meant

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

lol someome has harvest on the brain and hasn't even gotten the room built !!

webstar5

webstar5

Yes obviously ton. And harvest is always on the mind ;).

Im a med patient and Ive been working with soil for a long time. Just want to make sure its worth the risk and money to go rdwc.

M

MTgrower

If you can control the temperatures, 6K is definitely preferable to 4K. I use the complete Hydro Innovations product lineup. I have the Chill King 2 and 5 HP chillers, but I have switched over to a run to waste system. I can control the temps to within 0.1 degrees F based on how wide I open the main water valve. The 2 hp chiller was handling the 6K room, but run to waste has much more cooling power. It basically ran all day to keep things at 82 F. Now the room never breaks 79.8. If I open the main line, and fully open the valves to each component, I can get the room down into the 50's. I run off well water that stays cold year round, and I just dump back underground into the septic leach field.

The 5hp chiller is for the 12K room, but then I discovered how awesome run to waste is. I got sick of pump failures, fan failures, etc.

deadcat

deadcat

It will be really hot in there!!! Prob want to do a lot of research on ventilation, I'd start small and if it works out add on.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I run way less than that in almost as big of a space and it was a pain to control the heat. Do you have a diagram you have been looking at? I say its overkill and spacing has not been thought of correctly. Not saying its impossible, but from my battle with temps all around from tents was very exhausting. Keep your options open and I say that with the best intentions. Happy growing

Latest posts

Top Bottom