6xl veg to ucpro flower

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

6xl veg to 6ucpro for flower

So I have a new spot and in the process of getting ready for the next run. I swapped my plants from an ebb an flow table that was running every two hours with air stones to my undercurrent and now my plants look like shit.

humidity: 50%
water temp: 63
temp: 75 f
ph: 5.9
ec: .2-.4 or 150 ppm on .5 scale

they have been in the system for 24 hours. Any ideas on what is happening here guys? I always seem to have trouble transitioning from another type of growing to the under current. I have a light on the side of the plants and not even overhead because they look pretty stressed. Any help would be nice

6xl veg to  ucpro flower
6xl veg to  ucpro flower 2
deacon1503

deacon1503

I always seem to have trouble transitioning from another type of growing to the under current.

I can relate. It seems they either take or don't. IMO u have a better chance the younger the plant. U can definitely see a lock out going on there. Keep up the easy nutes, monitor ur roots and think positive! Good luck!

H

hollywood7

I had the same thing happen to me all the roots that grew in the ebb flo fell off and died i called uc talked to dan he told me this happens when plant are transitioning from a flood and drain he told me to a airstone in the table and keep it filled all of the time! hope this helps

C

crossouttheiis

im not sure... my ebb and flow tray with air stones was at 400 ppm and growing fine... i backed down to 150ppm. Should I start to raise it... I feel like my room is dialed in but the plants just arent responding. I just have fresh air coming into the room should I raise the co2 level. I am not sure what the lockout would be from...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What up Cross.. Glad to see you banging out another round. I'm very jealous, I look forward to a Pro run. I can't wait to see what you do with her. How big will u be letting your girls get before the flip? What's your Target hieght?
I know your experienced in the UC, I was just thinking some basics. Where is your water level? What medium did you clone in? Are you top feeding for the initial switch into the UC until your UC roots start popping? Two runs ago I had two girls that had the same look starting into the UC after I stopped top feeding, I had stopped top feeding because my roots had begun.. I raised my lights up all the way, dropped my water a bit and crown fed her a little longer and she popped right out of it. My guess was a shock from roots being able to dry up some from the ebb flow to always being under water. So I dropped water level and let the roots strive for that nice cold water below. Within two days they picked up and within 5 I raised water level back up and went for the head of roots we all want. I'm not sure if I read mine right and that worked or if it was time itself. But I think when starting with established plants from ebb flow starting my water at the bottom of the buckets and crown feed till roots start and began to thicken some helps, then I raise an inch or so until I get a solid root head started and then I drop again. I think making the roots get to that water they will end up living in instead of just popping them under water has helped. Just be sure to top water a cup or so two to three times a day till those roots hit the water.. I hope it all pulls out for you. Best wishes brother..:bong2: Ohhhh and I think your EC is fine. I start mine at 300 ppm on a 7scale when coming from 700 ppm off ebb flow.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Looks like they're reeling from some type of stress beit chemical, light or otherwise.

What level do you have the water level at? During this transition you'd do best to have it a few inches up the net pot to ensure a well hydrated plant during transitional stress.

Also consider foliar sprays of a dilute sea kelp solution.

Don't sweat this too much though, assuming ur conditions are good ur plants will likely turn around.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

They dont look to bad Ive seen a lot worse in transition. Raise the water level like uchq suggest. Theyll bounce back in a week sure of it thats shoick
How do the roots look ?

C

crossouttheiis

I had the same thing happen to me all the roots that grew in the ebb flo fell off and died i called uc talked to dan he told me this happens when plant are transitioning from a flood and drain he told me to a airstone in the table and keep it filled all of the time! hope this helps

That is what happened to me last round, I have been flooding every hour for 15 minutes with air stones in them

What up Cross.. Glad to see you banging out another round. I'm very jealous, I look forward to a Pro run. I can't wait to see what you do with her. How big will u be letting your girls get before the flip? What's your Target hieght?
I know your experienced in the UC, I was just thinking some basics. Where is your water level? What medium did you clone in? Are you top feeding for the initial switch into the UC until your UC roots start popping? Two runs ago I had two girls that had the same look starting into the UC after I stopped top feeding, I had stopped top feeding because my roots had begun.. I raised my lights up all the way, dropped my water a bit and crown fed her a little longer and she popped right out of it. My guess was a shock from roots being able to dry up some from the ebb flow to always being under water. So I dropped water level and let the roots strive for that nice cold water below. Within two days they picked up and within 5 I raised water level back up and went for the head of roots we all want. I'm not sure if I read mine right and that worked or if it was time itself. But I think when starting with established plants from ebb flow starting my water at the bottom of the buckets and crown feed till roots start and began to thicken some helps, then I raise an inch or so until I get a solid root head started and then I drop again. I think making the roots get to that water they will end up living in instead of just popping them under water has helped. Just be sure to top water a cup or so two to three times a day till those roots hit the water.. I hope it all pulls out for you. Best wishes brother..:bong2: Ohhhh and I think your EC is fine. I start mine at 300 ppm on a 7scale when coming from 700 ppm off ebb flow.

Yeah it sucks I keep running into stupid problems, but this round should be smooth. I am thinking about letting them go til they are around 3x3 this round. Last time I flippe at around two feet, but they really didnt have enough branches to make it worthwhile. I at least covered all my bills and patients though. I have only been crown feeding them once a day but it has only been a little over a day.

Looks like they're reeling from some type of stress beit chemical, light or otherwise.

What level do you have the water level at? During this transition you'd do best to have it a few inches up the net pot to ensure a well hydrated plant during transitional stress.

Also consider foliar sprays of a dilute sea kelp solution.

Don't sweat this too much though, assuming ur conditions are good ur plants will likely turn around.

Thanks uchq I do have it about two inches up on the bottom of the plant . I am foliar feeding with b vitamins and magic green. I am not I would just like to figure out a way to keep my plants healthy all the way through.

They dont look to bad Ive seen a lot worse in transition. Raise the water level like uchq suggest. Theyll bounce back in a week sure of it thats shoick
How do the roots look ?

Thats good to hear then. I have the water around 2 inches above. Lets hope its just a week I want to get them going and have another run done. The roots from the ebb and flow are getting nasty brown, but I do see some white roots popping through the bottom of the net pot.

St3ve

St3ve

Yes they just looked stressed to me. What was the temp of the water you were flooding the table with? If the room temp is 75F then your root temp was probably around there. Dropping the roots in a water temp that much colder all at once would also stress the plants IMO.

C

crossouttheiis

Yes they just looked stressed to me. What was the temp of the water you were flooding the table with? If the room temp is 75F then your root temp was probably around there. Dropping the roots in a water temp that much colder all at once would also stress the plants IMO.

the water temp in my ebb and flow was 65 with a chiller :). I have changed to constantly flooding for my next batch of plants.

five of the six plants have recovered. I turned on one of the two thousand watters over the system now. It is looking like I need to add a bit more of cal mag. I will get some new pictures once everything has perked back up.

This round for veg I am running:

H and G agua vega
cal mag
drip clean
aquashield

Flower:

canna agua flora A and B
drip clean
canna boost
big bud
overdrive
aquashield

On a side note I am also going to be making some of that tea gettogro has been running in his system with:

zho
earthworm castings
aquashield

should I be pulling off the old roots from the ebb and flow or just let them naturally fall off?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Yes pull off any dead roots and take them out one at a time and give them a bath in tap water gently rubbing the roots clean in a 5 gal bucket

C

crossouttheiis

added some cal-mag and pulled off the roots today, a few more days and then I will get some pictures

C

crossouttheiis

here they are almost a week later.

room temp: 75
ph: 6.0
humidity: 49%
ppm: .4 ec or 200 ppm
co2: 500ppm

2012 01 17 15 20 48 624
C

crossouttheiis

and then there was 12

nute change out today and added six more buckets

ppm: 250
ph:6.0
temp: 72 f
co2: 1500
humidity: 50%

2012 01 22 21 08 43 683
G

GeneticFreak

That's a lot of co2 for such little plants. I would cut that back to about 500 to 600 until your nutes are up in the 1000 ppm range.

C

crossouttheiis

I am just running my cheapo co2 meter right now and its one of those ones that only turns on when it hits below 1400 or something. Ill just switch to taking in fresh air. Thanks for the tip

G

GeneticFreak

Is it just the camera or do your plants get smaller the further away they are from the epi? Mine did the same thing. I chaulked it up to different temps. My setup seems to run cooler on that side of the room.

Unit541

Unit541

I had this issue at first switching from flood tables to RDWC. In my case, I realized that there was a significant difference in temperature between the reservoir and the table when it was flooded. I kept the res at 62-63, but during flood, the water in the table was in the 69-71 neighborhood. Keeping the E&F Res at 55* made for a relatively painless transition to RDWC, but my chiller wasn't happy. So instead, I know keep keep the UC at 70, and drop the temps 2 degrees per day over the next three days.

I still veg with a flood table, and as long as increase flood times leading up to the changeover, and the UC water temp is the same as the temp in the flooded table, the transition is smooth.

Additionally, with CO2 I see better results in my garden if I the air temp is up closer to 80-83, and higher RH, somewhere 65-70%. And FWIW, I clone in 1650 ppm CO2, no problem. Once flowers are forming, I start backing the temp and RH off. In veg though, I see a huge difference in growth rate when I keep the temps and humidity a bit higher.

C

crossouttheiis

Is it just the camera or do your plants get smaller the further away they are from the epi? Mine did the same thing. I chaulked it up to different temps. My setup seems to run cooler on that side of the room.

haha yeah they are a few weeks younger. I just wanted to see the difference since these were healthy dwc clones... hopefully there will be no transitional downtime with these ones. I am not sure about that but maybe if you feed nutes through the epicenter the ones closer up pick them up first leaving a diluted amount in the following buckets. I wish all my plants would blow up quick.

I had this issue at first switching from flood tables to RDWC. In my case, I realized that there was a significant difference in temperature between the reservoir and the table when it was flooded. I kept the res at 62-63, but during flood, the water in the table was in the 69-71 neighborhood. Keeping the E&F Res at 55* made for a relatively painless transition to RDWC, but my chiller wasn't happy. So instead, I know keep keep the UC at 70, and drop the temps 2 degrees per day over the next three days.

I still veg with a flood table, and as long as increase flood times leading up to the changeover, and the UC water temp is the same as the temp in the flooded table, the transition is smooth.

Additionally, with CO2 I see better results in my garden if I the air temp is up closer to 80-83, and higher RH, somewhere 65-70%. And FWIW, I clone in 1650 ppm CO2, no problem. Once flowers are forming, I start backing the temp and RH off. In veg though, I see a huge difference in growth rate when I keep the temps and humidity a bit higher.

That is a good idea about staying with a higher temp in the UC my water did start out somewhat cold but within 4 hours they were up in the mid sixties. I am trying to bump up my humidity I will just run my intake fan a little less. Good call on the co2 though. I will try that out and increase my temp and humidity.

Top Bottom