7:10

• Thread starter HeLLMuTT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GerryJarcia

Hey guys, ive recently started the whole bho thing and have a vac set up and still am struggling to purge this nasty tane out... i only am purging 1-2 grams at a time and did what i was told to do, heat to 100-110 degrees and toss it in my vac for 5 minutes then repeat... i did that for 6 hours and still its giving me that tane headache :/ any suggestions?

Reactions: mal
true grit

true grit

Are you sure you are pulling appropriate vacuum? When done properly you can literally see when the product is fully purged vs. trapped bute.

M

montroller

You could try going a little hotter. Some strains are pesky and require more heat to fully purge, try raising the heat in 5 degree increments but I wouldn't go over 140. Also using something that is preheated inside the vac to place the oil on will help it to retain heat until you pull to a high enough vacuum to degas.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

6 hrs?? serio? something else is happening...the only way you could not be purged after 6 hours is if you used 19 cans per oz...lol
i guess tho if temp aint high enough...thats prob the issue...thats really the main issue when vaccing is keeping it warm enough to actually purge...
vacuum oven ftw

G

GerryJarcia

Thanks for all the responses guys, i purged some of it at a pretty ridiculously high heat to because it would go viscous with out some serious heat. ill get the hang of it eventually i guess, i just was nervous i was gunna lose the whole batch

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

this is my first attempt, no vac.. just heat purge. about 2 hours of putting the earl on the pyrex into hot water. no thermometer or anything, done very ghetto with PVC tube not glass.... upgrading the equipment as I go along. tell me what you guys think!

it's like peanutbutter right now consistency and looks wise.
IMG208
IMG209
IMG210

M

montroller

Be careful with that PVC man if you absolutely insist on using it never use a tube more than once as they deteriorate more with each use. Also Whipping without a vac is a good way to make sure you have residual tane in your product. if you are new to BHO I would try to get sap/shatter first then from there you can work towards making good budder/wax which is much more difficult to do correctly.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Be careful with that PVC man if you absolutely insist on using it never use a tube more than once as they deteriorate more with each use. Also Whipping without a vac is a good way to make sure you have residual tane in your product. if you are new to BHO I would try to get sap/shatter first then from there you can work towards making good budder/wax which is much more difficult to do correctly.

^^this

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Lol thank you sir!!!!

If you liked that you might dig this video my homies just put together for their 10,000 subs on youtube. :) I didn't finish the entire 10, only got to 6 myself lol.

I think I would have a nervous breakdown.. or at least be sweating out of every pore in my body. Sunglasses guy killed it, no water or anything. I can take ten dabs but not in a row like that... not yet anyway, plus the quality of the stuff I dab isn't up to par yet, we are still trying to figure things out not many people know how to do it properly here... or I don't know the right people anyway.

G

GerryJarcia

dude how do i keep it from waxing on me? I can never keep it sappy, it either waxes before the tane is out, or it turns to shatter due to too much prolonged heat

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Lol thank you sir!!!!

If you liked that you might dig this video my homies just put together for their 10,000 subs on youtube. :) I didn't finish the entire 10, only got to 6 myself lol.

props to all them guys ...i would b layn on the floor:rolleyes:

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

dude how do i keep it from waxing on me? I can never keep it sappy, it either waxes before the tane is out, or it turns to shatter due to too much prolonged heat
"too" much heat would make it runny according to most...the heat decarbs it thus rendering it more liquidy...i believe..
maybe you are not using enough if its staying shatter...lil more heat should get you to sap state id say if i had to guess...

true grit

true grit

Bahahaha, that shit is great! I like how there is no talkin- just biznass! lol. There are nights where that would seem like cake, but on average day- no way i could nail 10 straight lol.

slausongardens

slausongardens

dang hellmutt thats exactly how i want to make my stuff. i used to think i needed a vac to dry it out like that. i used to think that whipping it was the key step i wasnt doing.. now i realize that i was wrong about both those. so basically if i do a long low temp like 120 degree purge on a heating mat or hot plate for a few days it will get that honeycomb consistency????

mines just always so oily and sticky, i hear so many different things and methods its impossible to know whats what but how i want it, is like hellmutts. that looks perfect to me.

ive always only purged it with hot water for a couple hours. never for a few days.. im gonna try that and see what i get.. lately its been so hot outside like 100f that ive been leaving it on the car dash all day and lettting it bubble up and do its thing. maybe ill have luck with this. every batch i make i try something new trying to figure out the best way since theres so many ways.. and i keep going back and forth on buying a vac. it seems like the low and slow is the way to go tho.. i guess over time ill figure it all out. thanks everybody for all the info..

slausongardens

slausongardens

low and slow with no whip?? thats what im thinking right now. does that sound right?? 120 degrees for 4-5 days with no whipping at all???

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

my newest sheeeeit. took these three
IMG330
and made this one.
IMG335
broke the rig on the right, bought a $45 attatchment instead of a $450 new rig.. now I'm rippin the hitman.
IMG334

G

gooey

just got a hitman oil can mini sidecar, my first dedicated rig im enjoying it so far for sure...ill try and get some pics...puff puff pas

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

this is my first attempt, no vac.. just heat purge. about 2 hours of putting the earl on the pyrex into hot water. no thermometer or anything, done very ghetto with PVC tube not glass.... upgrading the equipment as I go along. tell me what you guys think!

it's like peanutbutter right now consistency and looks wise.
View attachment 247606View attachment 247607View attachment 247608

I can't believe I was smoking that shit, lol!! Looking back now it's a little scary how much wrong I was doing

Top Bottom