7 weeks from seed need some advice

• Thread starter newcastle112
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newcastle112

hello there, so I am on week 7 from seed and I am using soil, with 600w sunblaster i can start to smell the cannabis is that normal at seven weeks, just I don’t know if my seeds are outos
7 weeks from seed need some advice 2
7 weeks from seed need some advice
or not so I am gonna wait a few more weeks until I put into flower any help would be appreciated i’m now on 18 hours on 6 off

fawnridge

fawnridge

That's 7 weeks from seed? Wow! Mine are 7 weeks from seed and they're runts compared to those plants.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Yes! I have had many plants surprise me with a nice skunky stink a couple weeks into veg. I believe this is a strain dependent thing so if it's not there I wouldn't worry. I take premature stank as a sign of good care to the plant .

I have 3 little plants that were clones chilling waiting to go in my main area and they stink up my closet good.

plus depending on what you're feeding it can make a smell difference. my CaMg supplement stinks pretty hard after watering.

if you're plants start shooting flowers (not just small signs of pistils developing) without a light flip - then ya got an auto problem. it seems more and more people have been getting auto seeds accidently, thankfully i haven't gotten any surprises.

-edit- if these three below can stink it up, any can haha

IMG 6856

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

hello there, so I am on week 7 from seed and I am using soil, with 600w sunblaster i can start to smell the cannabis is that normal at seven weeks, just I don’t know if my seeds are outos View attachment 1340380View attachment 1340379 or not so I am gonna wait a few more weeks until I put into flower any help would be appreciated i’m now on 18 hours on 6 off
If they are autos, changing your lights to 12/12 won’t make much of a difference as they bloom on their own timeline regardless of the light schedules. If they are regs or fem seeds then the 12/12 cycle will force it into bloom. Good luck, looking good!

N

newcastle112

If they are autos, changing your lights to 12/12 won’t make much of a difference as they bloom on their own timeline regardless of the light schedules. If they are regs or fem seeds then the 12/12 cycle will force it into bloom. Good luck, looking good!
thanks for your reply , any advice u can give me , will i just keep them in veg for longer and see if they flower if not change to 12/12 light

N

newcastle112

Yes! I have had many plants surprise me with a nice skunky stink a couple weeks into veg. I believe this is a strain dependent thing so if it's not there I wouldn't worry. I take premature stank as a sign of good care to the plant .

I have 3 little plants that were clones chilling waiting to go in my main area and they stink up my closet good.

plus depending on what you're feeding it can make a smell difference. my CaMg supplement stinks pretty hard after watering.

if you're plants start shooting flowers (not just small signs of pistils developing) without a light flip - then ya got an auto problem. it seems more and more people have been getting auto seeds accidently, thankfully i haven't gotten any surprises.

-edit- if these three below can stink it up, any can haha

View attachment 1340405
can i ask i don’t use cal mag do u think i should i just use this feed
06A9A873 88BC 4878 87FC AB6FBE3ABC87

PK1

PK1

Supporter
thanks for your reply , any advice u can give me , will i just keep them in veg for longer and see if they flower if not change to 12/12 light
make sure you have enough height space if you are vegging for longer. they grow another 2/3ft in flower

Cypress66

Cypress66

hello there, so I am on week 7 from seed and I am using soil, with 600w sunblaster i can start to smell the cannabis is that normal at seven weeks, just I don’t know if my seeds are outos View attachment 1340380View attachment 1340379 or not so I am gonna wait a few more weeks until I put into flower any help would be appreciated i’m now on 18 hours on 6 off
I'm pretty sure that if you have any sign of flowers development and the light is 18 on and 6 off then you should have autos I may be wrong with that one but I have not had any plants yet that have any signs of flowers on the 18 on. But I have not grown many autos in my time. I have grown for many years and have never heard of the photos flowering in the veg light cycle but I have always had the impression that the auto period is a 18.-6./20/period no less than 16 on..? But the smell is a normal thing for some plants in the veg period. It's a strain dependent thing I think. Some of the ones I have had I wouldn't be growing again because of the smell. They.. P ✌️

N

newcastle112

i wait until about 2 weeks into flowering before giving camg - i do it regardless if the plant is showing any need for it and seems to do me well. I would suggest sensi/botanicare - both have had good results.
what’s the gal mac for what if i don’t use it will it be ok

N

newcastle112

I'm pretty sure that if you have any sign of flowers development and the light is 18 on and 6 off then you should have autos I may be wrong with that one but I have not had any plants yet that have any signs of flowers on the 18 on. But I have not grown many autos in my time. I have grown for many years and have never heard of the photos flowering in the veg light cycle but I have always had the impression that the auto period is a 18.-6./20/period no less than 16 on..? But the smell is a normal thing for some plants in the veg period. It's a strain dependent thing I think. Some of the ones I have had I wouldn't be growing again because of the smell. They.. P ✌️
any advice , should i flip them to 12/12

Cypress66

Cypress66

any advice , should i flip them to 12/12
Personally I wouldn't. The fact that the plant will only have a lifetime of whatever it is. It will not need to be induced to flower. It will flower when you are in the veg stages if you want to call it that. It is a self flowering thing so it will be needing the same light cycle right through the lifetime of the garden. You will probably need to speak to a few people who are growing auto.. I'm looking for something that looks like a fluffy but not too big.. I'm not seeing any of that. I think it's just the future bud site's. The plants are at seven weeks now and it's common for their stature to change. The plants are getting ready. I have looked at the pictures and they have lots of leaves at the top of the site and they will grow into a small white fluffy looking. I always like to refer to them as little golf balls. Myself that is. But if not then you will have a photo period plant that you can flower when you want to. If you see any signs of the little fluffy white golf balls then you don't have to worry about changing your light cycle. Hopefully I've been of some help to you and good luck to your plants. Peace ✌️🧙‍♀️

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I would keep them on the light schedule you currently have. As has been mentioned, if you do nothing and they are autoflowering seeds then they will do all the work as far as flowering. You don't have to do anything other than water them correctly and give them plenty of light.

If they continue getting bigger but don't show signs of flower then you have a photoperiod seed plant and you will need to change your light schedule to 12 hours on/ 12 hours off to induce flowering.

You're in week 7. Not sure what average harvest times for Autos are since I don't grow autos but whatever that is I would use as the benchmark to determine whether you have an auto or photo seed and what you need to do to get to your intended goal.

Cypress66

Cypress66

I would keep them on the light schedule you currently have. As has been mentioned, if you do nothing and they are autoflowering seeds then they will do all the work as far as flowering. You don't have to do anything other than water them correctly and give them plenty of light.

If they continue getting bigger but don't show signs of flower then you have a photoperiod seed plant and you will need to change your light schedule to 12 hours on/ 12 hours off to induce flowering.

You're in week 7. Not sure what average harvest times for Autos are since I don't grow autos but whatever that is I would use as the benchmark to determine whether you have an auto or photo seed and what you need to do to get to your intended goal.
Your explanation is much better than mine. The first plant I grew when I was a mixture of a auto which I had no idea about them and 3 photos and the little auto didn't get the right flowers in the mature way if you know what I mean by that. I left the whole thing for way too long before I cut them down and I was lucky enough to have a fairly decent bit of smoke with the photos just a few seeds in them so I think they self pollinated. They will if they are left too late. Last attempt at reproducing because they have that intention in their lives. Anyway I'm going on a bit now and I'll apologise for that sorry. But the point was that the auto stopped the building of its flowers and didn't produce any flowers worthy of smoking and that was after the flick of the light cy. I am sure it is something to do with it. After that I had about 2/3 grows with the autos. And I didn't get any decent yields in my one's. I have since been growing only the photos and I like the fact it is a choice for when you want to flower them. The time frame is not a big thing for the speed of the whole thing and it's a bit more of the power use.. So I will be carrying on with my photos for the rest of my life. Sorry for the bible that I have just written. Peace ✌️🧙‍♀️

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Your explanation is much better than mine. The first plant I grew when I was a mixture of a auto which I had no idea about them and 3 photos and the little auto didn't get the right flowers in the mature way if you know what I mean by that. I left the whole thing for way too long before I cut them down and I was lucky enough to have a fairly decent bit of smoke with the photos just a few seeds in them so I think they self pollinated. They will if they are left too late. Last attempt at reproducing because they have that intention in their lives. Anyway I'm going on a bit now and I'll apologise for that sorry. But the point was that the auto stopped the building of its flowers and didn't produce any flowers worthy of smoking and that was after the flick of the light cy. I am sure it is something to do with it. After that I had about 2/3 grows with the autos. And I didn't get any decent yields in my one's. I have since been growing only the photos and I like the fact it is a choice for when you want to flower them. The time frame is not a big thing for the speed of the whole thing and it's a bit more of the power use.. So I will be carrying on with my photos for the rest of my life. Sorry for the bible that I have just written. Peace ✌️🧙‍♀️
If that's your definition of a Bible I'm posting Moby Dick on all my posts!!! 😄

Cypress66

Cypress66

what’s the gal mac for what if i don’t use it will it be ok
It is a bit of a mixture with a bit of calcium and magnesium and a very have a bit of iron as well. I have some but not much use it has had. I u tap water and it has calcium in the water already and I grow in coco so I will use it for any yellowing in the veg stage but not in the flower stage. Epsom salts are a bit source of magnesium and no calcium if you a using tap water. But the problem is not always the mag as they have the same signs that you get with other nutrition problems with the overdosing and under dosing. The plants look like they are happy and healthy enough to me.. Good balance of your food and what you put in your water is a very important thing and you will learn how to judge your plants in the way they look.. They are a lot like us in the way they will sulk if they are not happy. You will learn how to look for the right signs of the things that will help you with any further problems you may have. We are always learning about how different strains will act and how different they are in the way they grow. Now we are mostly growing hybrid plants and some of the plants will show the dominance of one of the plants family tree. This is a very common thing with seeds. Unless you have some good sources. You will never know what you will get. The only thing you can do about it is that you can take cuts from a plant that you are happy with and it is very much likely that you will get the same plant as the mother. But it is not a gaurentee. But I like the different strains and I have rarely grown the same one over and over again.. Remember it is better to be giving a little less than a little more.you need to be getting the right e/level and the p/he level is very important for the entire project. You will get better results in the fruit of your labour. The results will not be as good if you don't get the right balance for the food and the temperature is a factor as is the humidity in your garden but a good air exchange rate is a must for sure. Anyway I will shut up now as I'm now getting on my nerves now. Peace ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom