70$ ebay bubble bag results! help me improve.

• Thread starter aniggity420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aniggity420

ok so i ordered these generic bubble bags from ebay for like 60$ like last week. well i finally got them the other day and made my first batch i got the 5 gal 5 bag system with 25, 73, 90, 160, abd 220 micron screens in the bags. iv ran a couple batchs but i think im doing somthing wrong and the "hashish" i get does not bubble and doesnt smell to great and doesnt taste that good either most of them are really hard i did smoke them the day after i got em and pressed them in paper towels with a 25 micron pressing screen. i used prolly a pound of clippings a mix of everything fan leaves little leave and sugar leaves i even had a couple plants that got polinated and started to get seeds from a hermi plant and i just threw the hole plant in with buds and seeds everything execpt the huge stems. the plant matter frozen about half of it was fresh in one batch and another batch was dry trim i got about a half oz of end product it looks like hash to me. but this is my first batch i ever made and when i smoked it i got pretty high from it. ill take some pics right now. in each batch i that i spinned i used prolly 2 bags of ice and i mixed it for a really long time the first batch i used a power hand mixer and mixed for prolly about a hour straight and used about a 100 grams seeing if i could get the 10 grams of hash like iv read and was expecting to get. my last batch i made i used a half oz of some prettty good quality big bud from nirvanas seed bank that i grew not the greatest but not bad. i'll show a pic of that too.the second batch i spun i just used a spoon and mixed for about 45 min and was alot more gentle this time all batchs and all bags almost seem like the same quality not to much of a difference so i must have done somthing wrong. do you have to cure hash like bud? all tips will be helpful. or do you think these bags are just a low quality bag system and a waste of money?? i didnt lable what hash came from what bag but you can tell a little difference let me kno what you guys think. and how i can improve to make higher quality bubble hashish. lol i went to smoke it with some friends telling them i had bubble hash that i made and they were excited and i thoght i did a ok job and wen we smoked it together it sucked! super embaressing moment because i ussally have a high quality bud. i have some grand daddy purp that i was thinking about tryin to make hash with but im glad i didnt waste it for low quality hash that it seems like i got its not good compared to the hashish iv smoked at hempfest i live in seattle and i am a medical marijuana patient and iv bought it from the clubs befor and theirs is AMAZING.
P6140057.JPG
P6140058.JPG
P6140059.JPG
771.JPG

or do u think its good and just needs to cure????
im new to making hash so could use some advice!
thank you! you willl see lots more post from me :smoke:smoke

I

ibTheMan

Use Butane, its 100 times better,super EZ and your boyz will shit there selves!
Heres some pics of the crunk. There aint a weed in the world that can even come close to the high or taste,but its not good to smoke alot, cause then weed sucks!

Ssh 001
A

aniggity420

U think that its better than bubble hash? Do u think I made my bubble hash just bad and that's why its so shitty? If I took my hash now and put it with the butian would that make what I have better?

I

ibTheMan

Way better, the best anything ive Ever smoked was Butane oil,and Co2 second. its not that good every time though, but get u some 1.5 pvc top and bottom pieces(tubes should be 12" long) drill 3 or 4 small drills in bottom cap in middle,one on top(to fit the butane can, clean and knife edge holes inside,fill cylinder with weed(not to tight)put the top cap on by hand(they fit tight) spray your butan through into a pyrex dish, then float dish in warm,warmer water for ah while, smoke what should be really good shit.

sky high

sky high

I'm nowhere near proficient in this area...but I do think I see a few glaring errors that may have contributed to your disappointment.

My experience is this:

I've never made good "bubble" from dried trim in the bags. When I use dry trim the product >always< comes out brittle and non-flexible when dry.....even when warmed.

Therefore, I always use frozen trim. Freeze it for days, IMO.

I personally only stir by hand. I also stir in a sperate bucket and then pour my ice/water mix into the bags in another bucket. MUCH easier on the bags. I "churn" the mix for maybe 5 mins....then I let it "rest" for a bowl break...and then re-agitate it for another few minutes and then pour in into the bucket lined with bags. I thn refill the bucket with cold water and agitate for another few mins....rest....smoke another bowl (LOL) and strain. After a 1/2 hour or so I will pull the bags out of the bucket and let em drain/etc....then scrap off the goo and press/let it dry.

45 mins of stirrin is your big problem, IMO. The more you stir..the more GREEN you impart and the taste just goes downhill. you will GET LESS product stirring for less time...but to me it's all about finding the balance of quality and quantity.

BHO is certainly killer stuff......but I personally feel better ingesting something that uses no solvents/etc. To each their own!

if you do yer GDP......stir less and see where it goes....and the COLDER your water/ice mix is...the better....

good luck

s h

H

highrise

Yep i would have to go with overstirred also. I stir for 10-15 mins Max then rest for 45 before pulling the bags.

L

Lost

Enough of th BHO VS bubble crap. The guy bought bubble bags and asked for help, not "Yea bro, BHO is better" Fuck that I have made a ton of BHO and would rather full melt bubble any day. Its personal preference.

Dude: you mixed for 2 long. I mix for 15-20 min with a paint mixer and it comes out really good. Also, if the material is bone dry it will crumble and thats where U ge the green color. Let the green bits sit in a cool place for a month and it will brown up..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
freeze your trim and not beat it so much

E

ent

Yah i agree with skyhi & lost & motherlode, mixed too long. Especially with the drill or hand mixer. I'm all about the wooden spoon when it comes to a hand mix but the bubblenow works the best IMO. I'll harvest the plant material and freeze it immediately, while it's still wet. When I'm ready I'll use the bubblenow, so only maybe 2-5 minutes. I'll drain the water and run it through the bags. The yields will be very low, but the quality very high. I can then fill the bubblenow back up with water and ice and run it for the full 15 minutes to get the rest of the yield.

Depending on strain my full melt will come from the 90u or 73u bag but I have the 8 bag kit. So I have a 120u that will pull out any contaminants or plant material so my 90u bag is of higher quality. I cannot comment on the quality of generic bags because I use bubblebags, and I'm confident the screen sizes are exactly what they say they are. I have seen some generic bags and you can notice an obvious change of nylon material as the mesh sizes get smaller.

Regarding cure, that will help with smells and tastes, but with bubble you do lose a lot of the flavor profile. The bubble will continue to cure so long as it is stored properly.

Our resident bubble guru would be Green Supreme. He should be able to chime in with some good suggestions as well.

A

aniggity420

ok thank you guys that really helps out im gona go on craigslist and buy sum trim i saw it on their for like 20$ a oz so ill buy a little and see how it turns out i wanna get better at this befor i waste bud again. the batch i used all bud a half oz its the same thing really green but tastes alot better than the clipping batchs. im scared to use my really high quality buds lol. so i figure ill just spin it for like 7 to 10 mins and filter it and do it 2 or 3 times. really helps out ill let you kno how my next batch turns out. i got a northern lights plant growin thats huge thats got prolly like 3 or 4 oz on it but it gots seeds from this stupid hermi plant so you think i should just trim it up throw it in the freezer for a few days and spin with a wooden spoon for alot less and i should get sum pretty high quality stuff?

Blaze

Blaze

OK you need to change a few things in order to get good bubble. First, as others pointed out, you are over mixing. Freeze your shake first, then do a 10 minute hand mix. Mixing for 45+ minutes is way to long - also using a blender or a drill or anything like that rips of the plant matter and causes you to get contaminants in your hash, which is why you want to hand mix.

Second, don't use paper towels to wick away moisture, and don't dry on cardboard or anything else that absorbs oil. Good bubble hash will contain many viscous oils which will be absorbed by paper, cardboard, etc which lower the quality. Find yourself some shallow or flat pyrex plates those work best.

Third - drying, storage and curing is important. Most people over dry the shit out of their bubble hash which degrades the quality considerably. You want to treat it like bud - a nice long slow dry and cure, and you do NOT want it bone dry despite what many people claim. Bone dry = crappy hash.

I've got a sticky thread at the top of the water extraction forums, check it out, it may help.

A

aniggity420

ok heres another good question. what should i do with my planty hash??? like it gets me high but just isnt that enjoyable as my buds so i dont want it to go to waste.

O

OG4UanME

not sure if i missed it or wasnt mentioned but your leaf material should be all sugar leaf,no fans other then the few at top colas that spread trichomes further, and take the time to cut those areas out that arent coated. ONLY TRICHOME LADEN LEAFS! it does
however take more time to seperate good trim from garbage but well worth the effort in the end. good luck bro.

E

ent

ok heres another good question. what should i do with my planty hash??? like it gets me high but just isnt that enjoyable as my buds so i dont want it to go to waste.

Do cannabutter and edibles. They can be very potent without the planty green taste.

A

aniggity420

maybe ill take all like 10 grams of crappy hash and make a really tiny batch of oil or butter or sumthin because i get high still smoking it just it doesnt taste good then ill use the oil and try to make sum hard candys like lollipops or sumthin.

J

jglass

i always freeze the trim for a few days and then only stir in for like 15 mins and let sit...
works everytime for me :)

devious d

devious d

I bought a set of generic bags and was having the same problems ,one lot even went mouldy but freeze trim straight away now no mould and better quality maybe slightly less. Now i know half of it is in the drying and curing. Straight off a screen into pyrex bowl then freeze then let dry a little and soak water with tissue, then freeze then dry the last two goes like this ended with fullmelt out of the 70mic sour kush peace D.D:evilgrin0040:

Top Bottom