7000 watt 14 plant grow layout????

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I am in the process of building my flower room which was originally 10.5x20 7k 8plant setup. I got to thinking last night why not up the plant count and use the backside of the 6 outer lights.

This morning i woke up, knocked down a wall i framed the previous day and expanded the room to 14.5x20 to allow for the extra 6 plants. the extra space was to be my res room but i am relocating it to the width side of the room.

I have not seen this type of layout used by anyone on here so i wanted to get some feedback on the idea. I figure with the 6 extra plants only getting hit by one light which tons of training I should up my overall yield off 7 light by a lot. My goal is to get a 1/2# off each one of these extra plans only using light that would have already been there and wasted on a wall. If i can hit that its an extra 3# to the overall yield which is huge in my eyes considering the extra time it would take to train these plants.

I know all you guys have thought about this layout, but lets here your opinions. Either way i am gonna run my room as followed and report my findings.
x
xox
xoxox
xox
xoxox
xox
x

A

antimatter

Personally I don't like how 1 sided plants lean/grow and would rather just add more lights but if you got extra space and won't be adding more lights at this time then sure some 1 sided plants will add onto your total yield. 360 degrees + higher plant counts will always be more productive aslong as you can thin stuff out to keep shit from bushing and shading other sides.

What I find with OXOXO is if the bulb is close to a reflective wall the light will reflect onto the side of the plant that doesn't have a bulb so if you were to have a very wide plant and were to put a one sided plant up against that one side you would be taking away from the light reflecting onto the side of your monster plant side, but you could just thin the fanleaves/train that other side and further increase the efficiency but the whole point behind growing vertical trees is to be able to not have to train large plants into a scrog.

If that doesn't make any sense I apologize.

420Gator

420Gator

looks like 5 lights straight down the left side with nothing between them except more light, waste of energy IMO

M

mrdizzle

this layout will give you 6.5 plants worth of bud, per se if each plant was getting 4 lights, I count plants getting 2lights 1/2 plants and plants getting 1 side 1/4plants,

the room will need to be roughly 14x20ish with 60 inch stem to stem

x
xox
xoxox
xox
xoxox
xox
x

Edit, I should have read your post more carefully, haha as you already said you fited the room size

M

mrdizzle

well for some gay reason I cant show the actual line up, the rows have shifted

the 1,2,4,6,7 lines need to be space bared over like two clicks, hopefully you can visualize, but I think thats what happend with your original post

M

mrdizzle

your right, adding the extra 6 plants to the outside of the bulbs will give you an additional 1.5 plants worth of bud, or 3 # in most cases

mikeross

mikeross

dizzle is right, for some reason It doesnt want to line up everything... it looked right before i posted.

I am almost finished with the rough framing. I just have to put caulking along the bottom top and side and screw down all the ply wood a little better.

I also was able to get my equipment and a 50 amp line brought down to the basement and mount and wire my board. Tested everything and it all works great. The panel my friend made is pretty trick... you guys will like.

I promise to get some pics up soon. I think you need pics if you really want to have an active journal, thus getting your questions answered much quicker.

600gph

600gph

7000k grow and only 50 amps...Thats 35 amps just for the lights if your running 240

What about pumps, a/c and fans

Cutting it kinda close

mc

mikeross

mikeross

I already had a 20 amp circuit in the room to begin with so 70 amps total. My friend was running 8k in lights with pumps and fans with the same board no problems and thats with an a/c system hooked up on the board as well.

If I run into problems, I have no problem running an extension cord from the floor above to run anything else.

W

WolfDawg

this layout will give you 6.5 plants worth of bud, per se if each plant was getting 4 lights, I count plants getting 2lights 1/2 plants and plants getting 1 side 1/4plants,

the room will need to be roughly 14x20ish with 60 inch stem to stem

X
XOX
XOXOX
XOX
XOXOX
XOX
X

Edit, I should have read your post more carefully, haha as you already said you fited the room size

like this?

........ X
.......XOX
.....XOXOX
.......XOX
.....XOXOX
.......XOX
.........X

mikeross

mikeross

Exactly like that bro, thank you.

I went and bought a shitty digi cam so i can take pics of the progress. I will post pics before the end of the weekend. Its a mess from all the framing and gotta clean it all up before pics. Gonna post pics of the entire room construction... stay tuned

mikeross

mikeross

3 fan keep rite water cooled chiller... I believe its 36000btu. I know its rated at 12 lights bare bulb but the guy i got it from said in the dead of summer 10 bare bulbs max. It all depends on how cold your city water is to begin with, but if you keep it at 10 lights and under I should have complete control.

These are the best for a/c needs in my opinion if your tight on money and water usage is not an issue.

mikeross

mikeross

I do get a water bill but the amount is what everyone else in my town pays. There is no water meter on peoples homes in my city so there is no way to know how much water each home uses... thus the reason why its a fixed price.

S

Sway

my landlord pays my water bill, he must think i water the lawn ALOT :giggle

Top Bottom