7th Week Flowering, Buds Looking Moldy And Smelling Like Grass... Wtf!

• Thread starter CoolC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoolC

Yoo what's up my peoples? I need some advice.
I'm in my 7th week of flowering my first grow, and I noticed all the best buds on my 2 plants are starting to get that " wet hay" smell. They were from bag seed and never had that strong of an odor, but they smelled nice regardless. I was checking the trichomes when I noticed the smell degrading and inside the most dense buds of the colas is a darkish fuz kinda killing the buds. I'm pretty sure it's mold so I cut those areas off quickly, then I swabbed the contaminated areas with hydrogen peroxide. To kill the mold the way I learned from growing mushrooms. So I purchased some neem oil. And now what?

1. Is it safe to use this stuff straight outa the spray bottle? ( I read to mix it with WARM water and a drop of soap. Idk what kind of soap.
2. Is it okay to use it on nearly mature nugs?
3. Should I wash it before harvest? I think I got the mold from Foliar spray feeding Epsom salts, so I'm hesitant to spray more water.

4. The less mature less dense buds still smell as they should. But should I harvest them before that changes?

5. Is there any chance that drying and curing will bring out the good scents? Or will they smell the same on the plant and after drying and stuff.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like bud rot man imo there isn't much ya can do once its there I've only seen it once before I just pitched the plant

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You're right I don't want to risk that. Thanks even tho it's unfortunate
Ya that is correct not good for you or family friends or patients. Some peeps think that smoking moldy budz is ok and I will say without a doubt this is a bad practice. There are more than a few species of mold that can and do survive the heat from combustion. I can provide links but will take me a while to dig them up. Toss the parts that are affected. In the mean time you said your week 7 of flower, So I am inclined to think you have dialed back your Rh. What is the Rh in your flower room. Get things dried up if excessive and try to avoid spraying any foliar that late in flower.

Top Bottom