7x gas

• Thread starter wonderinalice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wonderinalice

wonderinalice

They just got some 7x gas at the store by my house.... Gonna do some runs with it soon... and i'll try n put up some pics when it's done.... should make for great results! But i also heard a horror story about making oil while i was there. All u little herb alchemists ..... BE CAREFUL!!!! Just had an incident around here, the kids skin literally had to be peeled of the carpet.

soopy

soopy

Word! That shit can f you up super fast. I know a guy who "learned the hard way", not a pretty sight to say the least. DO IT OUTSIDE!

7x sounds cool, I have been using the 5x, Power brand. I have searched high and low for this answer but can't seem to find it. How much bud to a 300 ml (standard) can of butane? I guess I could get all scientific and to test runs and compare the weight/quality of different ratios..........but I have a hunch there must be a general rule of thumb.

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

Word! That shit can f you up super fast. I know a guy who "learned the hard way", not a pretty sight to say the least. DO IT OUTSIDE!

7x sounds cool, I have been using the 5x, Power brand. I have searched high and low for this answer but can't seem to find it. How much bud to a 300 ml (standard) can of butane? I guess I could get all scientific and to test runs and compare the weight/quality of different ratios..........but I have a hunch there must be a general rule of thumb.

Id say if your using trim 1/4 o .... bud might be a lil more because density sounds about what i do.... I think it's more about evenly packed and not to tight. Not really a weight thing? I just do 1 can per load .... my tube holds about 1/4 trim... i really like the results... though i'm not big on % and all that.. just the quality

R

rbrown13

One 300ml can to about an ounce of buds and a about 2/3 to 3/4 of a can to an ounce of trim depending on how frosty it is sorry bro but you are using way to much tane for a Q Pack tighter, less tane= more oil and usually better quality...

B

BipolarHiRoller

7x huh interesting, how does power work for people? Power compared to vector? I've noticed a difference between burning vector and power in my torch so I'd assume I'll also notice a difference in using them to extract other than the price.

soopy

soopy

I haven't noticed a difference. But then again I haven't done a side by side comparison. I wouldn't be shocked if they both came from the same supplier, just different labels, lol.

Thank you for the responses. 3\4 - 1 oz a can sounds like a good starting point. I was doing about 1\4 oz to a can but thought I must be able to do more with a can.

R

rbrown13

I haven't noticed a difference. But then again I haven't done a side by side comparison. I wouldn't be shocked if they both came from the same supplier, just different labels, lol.

Thank you for the responses. 3\4 - 1 oz a can sounds like a good starting point. I was doing about 1\4 oz to a can but thought I must be able to do more with a can.

I have done 4 1/4oz bud runs off of one 300ml. can many times so the math is pretty solid (HMK's math not mine) and it will vary from strain to strain, I can tell you the one thing that improved my yields was when I learned to pack it tight I think packing is the most critical element and has the most effect on yield..

Graywolf

Graywolf

7X sounds like 5th Avenue overkill on the surface and simply a way to take more money from us.

What percent of purity from included paraffin do they claim at 7X and what is the price?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i'd like to see pics of the can but i dunno if they are gonna post again, they got 420 posts.. :D

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

i'd like to see pics of the can but i dunno if they are gonna post again, they got 420 posts.. :D

hey hashmasta.... Well it's the power brand, ultra refined ... the 5x is labeled super refined... there's no info on percentages or any info like that... made in korea? It's just a black/maroon cap can w/ flames on it...36 a case compared to 30 for the 5x price wise

G 12 cans 5x super refined power butane gas 300 ml fuel e328b
B

BipolarHiRoller

So power makes 7x and 5x? Only seen the 5x thats pictured and it's like half the price of vector but not sure howmthe results compare, in my torch I've noticed a difference between the two but not sure how that reflects on extracting.

B

blueburnsorange

I've noticed the price of vector varies greatly, depending on where you go. There are about 6-10 headshops in my area and the ones that carry extracting supplies charge close to $8 a can while the headshops that don't carry that stuff (usually shops that carry cheap China-glass) have the exact same cans for $5.50

I wouldn't be surprised if this 7x Power is the same way. Extraction-friendly shops will jack up the price because there is a "7' in front of the "x"

ncga

ncga

I just ordered a case of the 5x and 7x.

The 7x Clipper brand is only a 250ml can I found for 4.99 online. Will try and do a side by side to see if there is a difference.

nc

S

slimjoint

I just bought a case because my headshop ran out of vector so i got a case and side by side they were hard to tell apart, vector at 60 case and power 7x at 40. not bad i think for the price it was worth it. i might switch over to the power 7x only because i get 3 cases for 120 opposed to 2 cases of vector for 120.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Both good brands, have ya'll checked out Lucienne at $22 case/300ml?

Our volunteer patient test panels can't tell the difference?

Top Bottom