8 hours light last 2 weeks flower?

• Thread starter r1mob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

r1mob

this site i was on recomended that in the last 2 weeks of flower you should switch the light to 8 on and the rest of, the source siad this produces more crystals but they gave no explanation, im thinking this could work, its like tricking the plants making them think autumn is over winter is hear and all they wanna do is grow to thier full potential to obtain pollen before they die of. does anyone have any experience, is their a down side with this technique could this hermie the plant? any advice plz

L

looking4Cindy

im thinking this could work, its like tricking the plants making them think autumn is over winter is hear and all they wanna do is grow to thier full potential to obtain pollen before they die of.

i don`t know, but i personally wouldn`t do it! maybe if you`re doing seeds?

A

areUkind

i think 12/12 is right were you want it to be. if you take 4 hours a light away for 14 days or 56 or light you take away from your plant as it tries to swell up. so maybe more crystal but less yield?

P

paulycali

I do 13 hours light on and 11 hrs light off for flowering and the last 2 weeks switch to 12 on 12 off. I think if anything ripening needs less light as the days get shorter in the fall. More light is better earlier in flowering than later in my opinion. Good luck

J

jakew215

I do 13 hours light on and 11 hrs light off for flowering and the last 2 weeks switch to 12 on 12 off. I think if anything ripening needs less light as the days get shorter in the fall. More light is better earlier in flowering than later in my opinion. Good luck

do you think this lengthens your flowering time?

F

farmerjohn

What mimics the real environment that pot grows in, more than consistently shortening day length? I read in a string where a guy swore by this method. He started @ 12/12 & shortened the light cycle 15 minutes a week, until he was @ 10 on & 14 off. He stayed there for strains requiring more than 8 weeks to finish.

B

BeachBummed

i mean even if you trick it in the last two weeks with a wack light regimen how much do you really expect it to "danken" it up?

i mean just grow a good strain to start with my man, hahaha. shouldnt be stressin potency half this shit on the farm is insane.

and until its further researched and documented, i'd stick with 12/12. why fix something that aint broken? i dont get it lol.

(with the exception of 13/11. i have heard that can thicken the plant up nicely, but heard that it MAY not produce as much potency, havent tried though. but i have seen it work haha)

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Just for the record ; 11.45mins ON and the rest of the time OFF :) But seriously most people stick to 12/12.. Ciao

R

r1mob

i think im growing white widow and a site that sold their seeds recomended it i mmight try it for the last week

420king-MASSES

run 12/12 until 2-3 days before harvest then turn off completely let plants sit in total darkness it shocks the plants into swelling more and producing sweeter tastes and aromas as well as making the plantmore frostyier [more crystals] and imo makes the plant more potent shock ripening

F

farmerjohn

Being basically lazy I just run 12/12 all the way, but I have to say any program that closely mimics what the plant would see in the real world outside of the grow room, cannot be detrimental & would probably be beneficial. That is just common sense. Therefore, a steadily declining day/night ratio should work well for strains native to Northern or Southern latitudes. Strains native to the equatorial regions are another matter altogether. Having a completely different light sensitivity, due to the fact that day/night ratios do not veer far from 12/12 @ any time during the year, they may well require a totally different approach.

R

r1mob

as this is my first grow im might do 12 12 and on the next 1 switch it up keeping the same strain to see a difference, hey farmer john do you no anything about uk cheese and what light cycle would suit it best thanks

Tazzmania

Tazzmania

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I personally have never done this but the last 3 days before harvest we leave all dark and don't water the plants. They think they are going to die and start to make more resins in an effort to live and the buds got 20% or so bigger and added more crystals to the top of buds.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I don't think they would Herm unless they were under stress before hand. Then they just might do that I always stay with the 12/12 until the last few days then no light and no water by this time they have been flushed if they needed to be. And it has every time made the sugar crystals more abundant and the buds get bigger.

J

Jacktheripper

I've grown Alot of auto flower I bought seeds from growers choice they turned out in opinion to be photo. They started to bud then switched light to 12/12. They seemed to stop flowering. I stopped nitrogen yesterday and give them the bloom. These plants are huge compared to a auto flower they kept growing.i was useing the 3part advanced nutrients. Plants would stop growing light is at 12 12. Gonna try 11 then 10. Not sure what to do my 5 auto flower in same tent seems to be doing good. Lot of bud sights. I sure hope they pick up on flower ing

J

Jacktheripper

I sure hope some one has a idea what to do with them slowing down flower ing. I'm using the g,8 light with a 250hps

Latest posts

Top Bottom