8 lb's per plant indoors theory

• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wavegem

Wavegem

Ok guys I know there will be a lot of haters but just here me out. I want to toss this idea around and see what people think.

Right now I run a scrog in the Uc, you can see the thread in the Uc section. Its about 192 sq ft. Which gives me 62 watts per sq ft on the screen. An idea was brought to my attention to screen the plant on 5 sides, top and four sides. This works out to about 92 sq ft per plant. Now I know genetics have a lot to do with it, right now I can hit 1.5 ounces per sq ft on my screen with 62 watts a sq ft. If I run 6 dedicated lights on each plant and position all the lights a specific way I can hit 65 watts a sq ft on 92 sq ft per plant. The screen must be completely filled, topped a bunch of times and in 50 gal buckets but the math says on 5 plants 460 sq ft at 65 watts sq ft would yield 690 ounces which is 8.6 per plant. 30 1000 watt lights on 5 plants. Sounds nuts but this is vertical growing on steroids. The yeild comes from sq ft not on ridiculous claims of 3 per light. What do you think?

bobby

bobby

If the most yield with the lowest plant count is you goal, it seems logical. If the electrical costs are covered by the additional lighting and yield, why not? Just make sure you have a strain that can realistically grow that large.

J

Jalisco Kid

Just try and learn from the trying. I would say not,but I am always wanting to be wrong about peoples dreams. I think it because it is too hard for a plant to push that much fluids(head pressure) just my theory .

buddahslave

buddahslave

It cant be done indoors due to the lack of oxygen,carbondioxide, and space for roots to grow. The light is just one factor but the major factor is the root zone. Roots must have enough verticle and horizontal space to reach those numbers. I would like u to still try and share results.

hpjsgla

hpjsgla

I think the heat could possibly be an issue of concern. No such thing as too much light, only too much heat. Would you be running an ac or chiller ?

Wavegem

Wavegem

Right now the design is 100 gal buckets, a light in each corner double stacked, 8 lights per plant. One 5 ton ac and one 5 ton chiller. Top Drip RDWC, 2 plants per room on a flip with one res sterile and one res living. This will be a test to get to know my strain more. Thanks for the help

Wavegem

Wavegem

The Design - TOP SECRET - lol
Page0001

Do you guys think I am nuts??

Wavegem

Wavegem

So another idea was brought to my attention which I was a little unsure. If Two plants were grown in the same bucket and trained so that they were almost half circles, the theory going off of jalisco head pressure theory. This would create 2 straws per say instead of 1. I would see the plants struggling to find room to grow, the maintenance would be incredible. I don't know just wanted to toss it out there. I guess the obvious thought would be just to separate the plants and grow more

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

On paper it works, but in reality there are other factors other then light that it takes to produce results like that. Outdoors its very hard, you need the right strain and conditions to get yields that big from 1 plant, also veg time is a major factor, an outdoor plant that yields around 8 lbs usually had to veg for 12+ wks. If you really wanna try it, I would love to see the results. If you do hit 8 per plant, thats 1 lb. per 1kw light, so efficiency wise or GPW its not the best setup, but per plant it would be the most ever indoors (that I know of). good luck.

J

Jalisco Kid

You can google positronic pump. That is what I pulled up from my corrupt files. Look for the word used for the plants pumping action. I have seen no difference going over 50 gal in containers.
And yes you can have too much light.

Better quality has always been grown stress free. Going for a large plant only massages the ego, I find going over 2.5/plant my quality suffers. Your air circulation/cooling drops with larger plants. If I had warehouse space I might change my mind. Rigging the light for 8' centers sounds like too much work for me. JK

Top Bottom