8 Plant 4x8 DIY RDWC Set up

• Thread starter logybro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

3 pounds be nice mate I’m using your standard 600w hps and will be happy with 10 ounces.Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

logybro

logybro

3 pounds be nice mate I’m using your standard 600w hps and will be happy with 10 ounces.Maybe I’m doing something wrong.
3 pounds is setting the bar very high, I doubt ill get it without co2 but that's the goal. With the right environment and genetics you should be able to hit a pound per 600w. Environment is the biggest factor, hard to control in a tent.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Yea your right my humidity is a little high at 60 percent but ahwell live and learn and learn again I suppose.

logybro

logybro

Yea your right my humidity is a little high at 60 percent but ahwell live and learn and learn again I suppose.
Mine runs up to 70 in veg during the day, its more about the swings in temp and humidity that will give you problems. 70RH is actually optimal using CMH and LEDS in my opinion. Just has to match up to the proper temperature in order to hit your ideal VPD, which in my case is 80f during the day.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I’m using hps with a bit of swing in temps from light to dark only 6-7 degrees vpd is very interesting will have to do a bit more research on the subject cause all I hear from friends ect is keep humidity at 50 and below in flower with no real science to back up there claims hence the reason I’m on this site to learn thanks again for your input very helpful indeed.

logybro

logybro

I’m using hps with a bit of swing in temps from light to dark only 6-7 degrees vpd is very interesting will have to do a bit more research on the subject cause all I hear from friends ect is keep humidity at 50 and below in flower with no real science to back up there claims hence the reason I’m on this site to learn thanks again for your input very helpful indeed.
No worries, In an ideal situation I start my flower at 60 RH and slowly work down to 50 RH. Keeping a 0 differential in your night and day temps makes the plants explode, installing a mini heater with an inkbird thermostat in a tent works well for this. Check out craft farmer on Instagram, he runs high 60s and 70s for his humidity in flower and crushes it. You only need lower humidity in the last two weeks in my opinion, makes them drink more and along with a nice temp drop helps with resin production. Where people get PM and budrot is when the temp drops and the humidity goes up, I've ran veg rooms with 75RH and 83f and the powdery mildew disappeared after one spray and never came back.

logybro

logybro

A shot of one of the two phenotypes of mystic magic currently being grown in my hydro rig. Harvested last week, ran in coco using canna nutrients and NPK raw enzymes. Mystic Magic no. 33

Mmagic33 macro1
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Where people get PM and budrot is when the temp drops and the humidity goes up, I've ran veg rooms with 75RH and 83f and the powdery mildew disappeared after one spray and never came back.
Yup yup i totally agree with that!! And what your descriving often occurs in vented rooms more than sealed...
I run my flower room in high humidity on the 70s(not by choice...need to upgrade to better and more efficient dehums) minimal temperature swing between night and day and never seen a issue living in an area infested with PM and botritis very wet!

I also agree that with LED they like more humid...

Killer lookin plants!!!Good job!!!

logybro

logybro

Day 15 of flower, I may have to add a third trellis. The two grease monkey #5 clones stretched more than expected. I've sprayed with a mix of potassium bicarbonate, thyme and clove essential oils and 100ppm of triacontanol every 5 days since flip. I'm seeing some jagged new growth, similar to light stress symptoms, not sure if it's from the triacontanol or just my CMH being too close. I have to pull the front reflector off and bend the wings wider on my 630w CMH to get a wider spread. It's zip tied as far as it can go to the roof of the tent, going to hold off on the tria foliars until I'm certain stretch is over. Close up is of Mystic magic #33.

PXL 20210125 223227982
PXL 20210125 223239972
PXL 20210125 224516389
logybro

logybro

Before and after leaf strip, day 21 of flower.

PH: 5.7
Avg temp: 75f
Avg RH: 55
VPD 1.5

PXL 20210201 225843693
PXL 20210201 225851436
PXL 20210205 213516013
PXL 20210205 213522247
Tubilcain

Tubilcain

Mine runs up to 70 in veg during the day, its more about the swings in temp and humidity that will give you problems. 70RH is actually optimal using CMH and LEDS in my opinion. Just has to match up to the proper temperature in order to hit your ideal VPD, which in my case is 80f during the day.
70 is to high. Its higher then any literature I have ever read. You should be around the 50/55%

Tubilcain

Tubilcain

Whatever you say brother.
got this off of a government site

if there are no cold-condensing surfaces and the relative humidity (RH) is maintained below 60 percent indoors, there will not be enough water in those materials for mold to grow. However, if the RH stays above 70 percent indoors for extended periods of time, mold will almost certainly grow.Feb 20, 2020

I have never had powdery mildew. But to each their own. Happy gardening.

logybro

logybro

got this off of a government site

if there are no cold-condensing surfaces and the relative humidity (RH) is maintained below 60 percent indoors, there will not be enough water in those materials for mold to grow. However, if the RH stays above 70 percent indoors for extended periods of time, mold will almost certainly grow.Feb 20, 2020

I have never had powdery mildew. But to each their own. Happy gardening.
You should look into powdery mildew some more, how it releases spores, how it spreads, how it attaches to the leaf. I've seen powdery mildew run wild in rooms at 45% humidity, day and night RH. If you've never had it in the first place of course you won't have experience dealing with it. But RH above 65, temps between 80-85 and regular IPM sprays are some of the best ways to deal with powdery mildew in Veg. If you do a good job in veg, and you keep your room from swinging RH and temperature during flower, it will be non existent in final product. I get where your coming from but your looking in the wrong places. PM needs humidity below 60 to release spores and spread. If your growing in a basement or a space where you don't have control of humidity, then I don't recommend this, as you will grow mold on walls and ceilings that are not outfitted for horticulture.

Tubilcain

Tubilcain

You should look into powdery mildew some more, how it releases spores, how it spreads, how it attaches to the leaf. I've seen powdery mildew run wild in rooms at 45% humidity, day and night RH. If you've never had it in the first place of course you won't have experience dealing with it. But RH above 65, temps between 80-85 and regular IPM sprays are some of the best ways to deal with powdery mildew in Veg. If you do a good job in veg, and you keep your room from swinging RH and temperature during flower, it will be non existent in final product. I get where your coming from but your looking in the wrong places. PM needs humidity below 60 to release spores and spread. If your growing in a basement or a space where you don't have control of humidity, then I don't recommend this, as you will grow mold on walls and ceilings that are not outfitted for horticulture.
Like I said each to their own. Happy gardening

Top Bottom