8 Plant First Medical Indoor Grow

• Thread starter Just aDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Just aDude

Hey yall. New poster, but I've been creeping for awhile getting information I've been using for the last five weeks. I wasn't going to start a journal online but changed my mind and this had been my favorite site to read from, so here goes. I'm starting week six in veg on some clones I brought home from the medical farmers market in Washington.

Well I'm just starting this thread at the beginning of my sixth week. I thought I would be done with my veg by now, but I'm close. The slow growth was due to poor conditions and lighting. I'm getting closer now and seeing much better growth. I think I'll flip gradually to 12-12 over a week or two starting in the first week of April. Oh yeah, I'm growing White Widow, Big Bud, Strawberry Cough, Tangerine Power, 2 Yeager, Gorilla Glue #4, and Albert Walker.

I'll keep this short and add laterms because I'm on my phone, but I started in happy frog, 1 gallon containers and earth juice grow with 6 20 watt lights of america grow led lights. After about two weeks I pulled out 2 250watt 10,000k reef spectrum mh and 1 250 watt standard metal halide. That boosted things, but I was still growing in a small $60 Bimart greenhouse (love me some bimart), and my house is super dry so I was constantly fighting humidity, a sagging frame from weight, pets, etc so I bought panda film and set up a room with 1 1000 watt mh and a 1000 watt hps. It's staying about 78-82 with just aneed air purifier for the intake from goodwill (nice unit though), a window fan exhaust, and a 1/4 line single head fine mister spraying 6.0 pH well water 24/7. With lights about 24"from the canopy I average 50-60k lux. My only issue is humidity and with one mister and cheap room humidifiers I can't get above 50% and seem to stay around 30%.

I haven't had any major issues except for mites early on that I took care if with homemade need oil +various essential oils in water foliar spayed twice then 1500 ladybugs. I went up from 1 gallon to 2 or 3 for only a few weeks before the roots hit the sides again, so I've been in 5 for the last couple weeks. I've been using full strength earth juice grow throughout (built up to full), added jellyfish mycos around week 3 of veg to feed, added Epsom salt and really low strength grow nutes to foliar spray and added around week 3 for 2-4 x week, just added organic aloe vera juice to foliar, added Real Growers Recharge 5 days ago, bought a bountea kit two weeks ago and applied compost tea aboutique 8 days ago. Oh yeah, I'm in FFPF/HF/perlite/hydroton mix and thinking about moving to 7 or 10 gallon smart pots or radical bags before flower?

I'll add some pictures but not a lot to catch up unless you want to see more. I'll keep up (hopefully) in here from now to harvest.

Any help or tips throw them in.

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Pics would give a good idea of what your talking about..I use ffof soil and just add water mainly so I can't tell you about all the stuff your adding...as for humidity you can spray walls with water, place a bowl of water in grow room or a moist towel to bring it up

J

Just aDude

Hey guys, I've tried uploading pixies from my phone but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll put them on my pc soon and go from there. In the meantime a quick update:

I got a 250 ml sample of mammoth p to add just in time for flower. I threw some in a gallon and watered it into the soil of the gorilla glue. She must have serious roots because she drinks about twice as fast as the rest.

I planted my 3 Mendocino purps into 1 gallon containers - a smart pot, a water bottle hempy style, and standard plastic as a little experiment for my own fun. They were in 4"squares with the bottom half a hydroton perlite mix in the little pots so they only lasted until the 3rd true leaves really started showing themselves. I have one that is split into two growths, like a shame see twin from the start. It liked really weird but both shoots look to be normal now.

I tied up my strawberry cough and white Widow to bamboo because they were leaning a lot and top heavy. I'm adding a drain tub to a pan under the plants and setting up a screen and a veg room tomorrow. The white Widow is getting woody up to about 10-12"not including any sideways growth and I'm trying to my screen height about 36" with a 7'ceiling and 2000 watt hps and 1000 watt mh. Do you guys think thats about the right screen height? I figure I'm a foother from floor to base, going to raise the plants onto a cinder block foundation (could use 5 gallon buckets to go higher)shower tub, then 12" to the top of the little bushes I've got give or take a few inches.

Hey I got one of my pictures. That's the Tangerine Power day 3-35 veg.
IMG 20170328 022356 756

J

Just aDude

So my syrawberry cough is showing a potassium shortage I'm pretty sure. Since I'm in organics I'm going to go get done kelp meal and bible it for 48 hours and foliar that and add some to the soil drench or top dress a couple times. Any suggestions?
IMG 20170330 055301 044

IMG 20170330 055352 284

Also today in going to start building my 8x6x8 in my shop. I'm using simpsons ties and screws or duplex nails for disassembly, and probably will add a door to make it a veg/flower/combo room. 24" on center with no floor for now. For equipping it I'm going to Regen, a supply shop with used equipment and getting another 1000w digital from a buddy.

I'm thinking about XXL 8"air cooled hoods all the way around, for a total of 3000 flower, 2000 veg. Going to line with panda maybe orca film a few harvests down the road. I'm thinking about running one fan for the lights in each room and one for exhaust for each space separately plus a. I'm designing a drip water (feed too?), a diy misting fan for humidity, adding a space heater, and driving it all off of a low voltage relay sysyem. My hope is to be able to leave for a couple weeks and be okay. I might add some if/and logic controls and actuated louvers eventually for the perfect control so I don't get everything running at once. (I'm an electrician and I've designed and installed some great setups so I know what I'm doing pretty well, but I'm not a control guy so I struggle a little with cost vs efficiency mostly). I'm also going to prewire it with ceiling outlets all around and maybe a breaker box with a 240v pigtail.

Currently I have sheets of panda film duct taped together hung on grommets I added in my entryway. One velcro door. I'll add pics of it later. It works but not grew and being not sealed completely I thought would help with heat and fresh air, but it's only making me want a better setup.

Does this all sound solid or am I missing something?

J

Just aDude

I bleached my ladies leaves two days ago but they were thick with leaves anyways so I defoliate pretty heavy. I'm not trying to lollipop or anything but with this canopy not much light is going through and they needed some airflow too in my mind.

Yaeger 1
20170403 013157
same girl prior to chopping her up. I hope I didn't overdo it on any of these but a number of lower leaves had yellowed, the branches are sagging a little and there was a lot of layers of shading.
20170403 013621

Top Bottom