8 Table 16 Light Custom Automated Hydroponic Setup

• Thread starter Olyver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Olyver

Olyver

These are a few pics from a custom automated hydro setup using clay pellets and home-made halos. The res room has two 250 gallon reservoirs, each with an inline Leaded pump. Each one of the 4x8 flood/drain tables has 3/4" Y that goes to a return line to the res and a drain to waste line, for cleaning the tables and flushing. The drain of each flood/drain tables is attached to a mag-drive pump which allows quick drainage, instead of gravity flow. The eight mag-drive and two Leader Ecoplus 230 pumps are controlled via a PLC. The PLC also controls the eight solenoid valves for the tables.

To prevent possible flooding, ten wet-switches were installed, one for each table and one for each Leader pump, the pumps were placed in a tray with a wet-switch, less than a cup of water in the tray will set off the wet-switch. The PLC then shuts off all the pumps until the power is reset.

Each Aeropot has a halo with five Tee barbs, one Tee barb is from the feeder line and the other four are openings to soak the clay pellets, the flow rate can be adjusted at each table.

Four tables were covered with 600W LED lights and four tables had 1000W HPS bulbs. The eigth LED lights and eight HPS lights were controlled with another PLC that was wired to the 100%/75%/50% terminals on the circuit board and controllled the power and delayed timing cycles. SSRs (Solid State Relays) were used instead of contactors and relays to power the lights, pumps, heaters, dehumidifiers, valves, etc.

The lights were all housed in air-cooled shades and two shades were secured together with an 8" rigid round coupler. The air-cooled shades were all linked to round spiral rigit ductwork. The eight LED light fixtures were also mounted in air-cooled shades. Eight Superwinches were attached to slotted strut on the steel joists and raised and lowered two air-cooled shades per Superwinch.

These pics were taken before all the work was completed. The stands for the tables was made from slotted strut. An Iponic controller was linked to the PLCs to allow complete control and monitoring. Heaters and dehumidifiers were also added, it was an expensive buildout, but very simple to operate, even the cold and hot water lines to the reservoirs were controlled by solenoids and ball-valves. The 32 Aeropots per tables were covered with panda film and holes were cut for each pot and the panda film was secured to the rim of each table with 1/2" paper clamps. I will post more pics later.

If anyone would like a similar or more complex larger setup done, let me know.

Hydro room 1
Hydro room 2
Hydro room 3
Hydro room 4
Hydroponics table 1
Hydroponics table 2
Hydroponics table 3
Olyver

Olyver

The morons at the facility I was working at decided this was too complicated for them to learn and run, so they tore it all down to replace with soil in pots and hand watering. They were too dumb to realize that they could have still used soil in the Aero-pots and had automated feeding and flushing.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I always loved your electric builds. Nice and clean.
I would like to get one of your electric panels in the near future.

smokie

smokie

Looks really nice, what is your opinion on the Iponic?
That electrical work is clean what is the siemens gear for?

Olyver

Olyver

I've had no issues with the Iponics, especially the 1400 and 1600. The Siemens gear is a PLC and used them to power the ballasts, pumps, solenoid valves, etc. I am currently talking to Link4Corp to design and build an all-in-one controller/loadcenter. Something that can power and control everything for a 100A, 200A, and 400A Single and Three-Phase service. If all the ballasts, lighting, AC, pumps (hydroponic or hand-water), valves, motorized ducts, fans, intake/exhaust fans, dehumidification, CO2, etc is all calculated, then a series of NEMA 5-15R, 6-15R, 6-50R, 6-30R, or twistlocks will be installed inside the controller/loadcenter and everything can be plug and play. If neccessary and extension cords are needed, they can be built to match the lengths for all the gear. Then mount cords out of the way. May be some issues with CEC/NEC, but nothing that can't be implemented.

MrG

MrG

@Olyver how do u like the leader ecoplus 230? I jist bought a ecoplus 250 and wanted to here dome feedback on it!

R

rascali

nice work, very neat and well thought out - but how could you expect mere mortals to follow with that perfection? normal folk struggle with what they can't understand, plus i've never seen hydro smell or taste as good as old fashioned hand-watered dirty bud! lol (it's ok to get your hands dirty!)

Top Bottom