8 weeks into budding and not mush resin

• Thread starter woodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woodman

I have thia/skunk and its been about 8 weeks of budding the buds are big but no smell and not much resin,is this normal.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
It could be the strain was this started from clone or seed?

B

brookstown

Tell me about it. I have a Chemdog #4 at about 30 days that's huge with very little frost.

Bummer

R

R. Face

without pics it will be hard to determine what kind of deficincies you may have, or what may be wrong with the enrironment. Sometimes its either of those 2 elements such as heat and RH, or soil depletion/ nutrient uptakte etc.

In my exp. lack of frost typically comes from a lack of PK during crucial bloom weeks. I had a chem that lacked total frost, but hit it with Hammehead the next round, and was like night and day.

PK boosters work miracles i tell ya!

RF

R

Radio_Dread

hmm well i think it sounds like a strain specific thing, but i could see how if you might be lacking essential bloom nutes/boosters that would have effect your resin production def. that is the most important time for the plants and you need to help them with good nutes when they need them or you get nothing. i guess that old saying " you get when you put in" is pretty true. well best of luck. keep us posted yo. any pics?

RD

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is roughly a 16 week strain if it is the freebie ones from IC. Some can take 14 and some even longer. So 8 weeks is like 4 weeks in a 8 week strain. The trichs will start. Some Thai plants don't get super triched and still can send you into la-la land.

The people that have the patience to finish those freebies like Thai/Skunk and O. Haze/Skunk all say it is very potent weed and worth the wait.

Stay the course and don't try to force things by adding a lot of enhancers. Cutting back on nitrogen and making sure it has some P and K often helps long flowering strains like thai and O. haze to finish.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have finished these numerous times. Some get more frosty then others. Your just past half way there so hang in there and hopefully it's a good one.....

fred

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

That is roughly a 16 week strain if it is the freebie ones from IC. Some can take 14 and some even longer. So 8 weeks is like 4 weeks in a 8 week strain. The trichs will start. Some Thai plants don't get super triched and still can send you into la-la land.

The people that have the patience to finish those freebies like Thai/Skunk and O. Haze/Skunk all say it is very potent weed and worth the wait.

Stay the course and don't try to force things by adding a lot of enhancers. Cutting back on nitrogen and making sure it has some P and K often helps long flowering strains like thai and O. haze to finish.

I def. Agree

C

caesar5000

how long did you veg for ? if i do not veg one of my ww right there is night and day in the sugar

Top Bottom