8 weeks? NOPE

• Thread starter madhatter201
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

madhatter201

I am growing a Lowryder Original outdoors and I'm at 9 weeks. It hasn't even showed sex yet. How much longer?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

that is a little wierd.

Is there any light affecting the plants night time cycle? Are there any street lights lighting up your grow area? Neighbors outside lights? If so I would unscrew your neighbors outside light if possible, or ask them to turn it off.
Some things you can do to start flowering outside. You can cover them with thick black plastic from 8pm to 8 am, bring them inside in dark room if there in pots and not too heavy.
to me it sounds like they are getting light on them somehow when they should be in total darkness. This is not always possible in your yard due to street lighting, Neighbors, Your own lighting from your inside house.
I would walk around your grow area at night to see what lights are shining. If you cannot fix that then you need to cover them in 12 hours of darkness.
The thing I am worried about for you is plants usually start flowering around Aug 15. At least they do in the Pacific NW area. So your plants should already be showing signs long time ago.
Take a few cuts of the bottoms so you can save the strain if you have not already.
To me it is just odd that you are not seeing the sex yet.

Where are you located in the World?

P

paulycali

Light shouldnt matter. She will flower under 24hrs of light. Its most likely some other strain and not the lowryder. Your beans must have gotten mixed up. Any pics?

420king-MASSES

ya pauly is right lowryder is an auto flowering strain which means it can and will flower no matter what the light cycle is once it hits 3-4 weeks it AUTOMATICALLY flowers

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

No matter what strain it is if it is outside right now it should be showing the sex. Outdoors flower starts around August 15 or so. I have NEVER seen a outdoor plant not show its sex in mid September. Just does not happen unless other factors are involved.

Please answer my question to is there any light near your garden at night? A good way to tell is get a newspaper and stand in the middle of your garden at night. You should not be able to read it at night.

M

madhatter201

I live in a climate where growing all year long is not a problem. I've done my research on Autoflowering plants and light should not effect the growing of the plant. I got my seeds from Amsterdam Seeds. Maybe pauly's right. Has anyone had a mix up from Amsterdam Seeds?

M

madhatter201

Ok....finally showed sex. Its a female. Hairs everywhere. So outdoors grow with natural light hinders Lowryder to 9-11 weeks. Maybe 8 weeks indoor.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

I live in a climate where growing all year long is not a problem. I've done my research on Autoflowering plants and light should not effect the growing of the plant. I got my seeds from Amsterdam Seeds. Maybe pauly's right. Has anyone had a mix up from Amsterdam Seeds?

there is most likely a mix up with your seeds...... i got some Nirvana Northern Lights Autoflowering Fems from attitude seeds that were inside on 24 hrs light for 7 weeks and didnt start to flower until i flipped them to 12/12.... so this means there was a mix-up with the seeds or they were mislabled..... so the same thing prob happened to you IMO

RSGD9

devious d

devious d

normally auto,s can flower under 24 hours of light , dont worry bigger plant your,l end up with bigger yield ,unless they got the seeds mixed up, so there showing great bigger plant for you good luck

R

ReadySetGrowD9

yea devious check out my grow its on here just seach for northern lights autoflowering its almost done now getting exciting lol

RSGD9

M

madhatter201

Its ok......Its a female. She finally starting to bud. Are the leave stems supposed to be purple.

100 2936
100 2935

Latest posts

Top Bottom