8 weeks vege now flower time DE hps

• Thread starter Crashman37
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crashman37

Crashman37

Hey anyone having trouble with ther DE fixtures?
I can put mine to 1150, but cant get past 650 or my tops shrivel and not want to grow?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Can you leave it at that height im guessing and raise up your plants with a small platform? I’m going in here blind what’s a DE fixture . ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Double ended HPS. They're a lot hotter and brighter than single ended HPS and you need crazy high ceilings to use them, especially the 1000's. If you dont have at least 3 feet between the canopy and the lamps they're too close. My buddies hang 750's at 3'. 1000's are designed to light up a warehouse or greenhouse and be hung way up high.

Crashman37

Crashman37

Double ended HPS. They're a lot hotter and brighter than single ended HPS and you need crazy high ceilings to use them, especially the 1000's. If you dont have at least 3 feet between the canopy and the lamps they're too close. My buddies hang 750's at 3'. 1000's are designed to light up a warehouse or greenhouse and be hung way up high.
Yea man , I've noticed been veging for 8 weeks which is long been experimenting with light height and wattage. And that's my conclusion my lights are at 650 for the moment watering tonight only first week of flower have about 5 feet of room will have to adjust depending on stretch hopefully after will have the 3 feet to push to 750 but quite positive will have to stay at 650

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yea man , I've noticed been veging for 8 weeks which is long been experimenting with light height and wattage. And that's my conclusion my lights are at 650 for the moment watering tonight only first week of flower have about 5 feet of room will have to adjust depending on stretch hopefully after will have the 3 feet to push to 750 but quite positive will have to stay at 650

Yeah, I should add my buds that use them are also in sealed, Co2 enriched rooms which makes their intensity a bit more useful.

Crashman37

Crashman37

Yeah, I should add my buds that use them are also in sealed, Co2 enriched rooms which makes their intensity a bit more useful.
Yea I'm running 1100 ppm co2 that's why I'm keeping my room 28 -29 celcious orni cant get any humidity

Crashman37

Crashman37

My lights come on at 10pm I'll take a quick snap shot of them been about 6 days flower

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh yes I see very sorry for my info then , learning something new to day I’m just using no fancy 400 hps & mh thanks for the schooling Dirt ..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh yes I see very sorry for my info then , learning something new to day I’m just using no fancy 400 hps & mh thanks for the schooling Dirt ..

All good, I stay with the classic 1000w single ended bulbs. I trust them and am comfortable balancing rooms with them. DE presents a whole other set of challanges, but when they are in a dialed room with the proper ceiling, they're unreal. Even still a 750DE is about as much as I'd put into an indoor grow room. My buddies running gas just love them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Depending on the plant, when going to multi light DE rooms (even vegging under 630's and SE 1k's) would have to turn the lights down to 600, then 750, then 1k over the course of 5 days. Enviro and light intensity sometimes throws them into down syndrome.

Crashman37

Crashman37

I have no nutriant difincency, dont over water no bugs.. just odd but thanks had them on 600 from monday to last night just upped them to 750 will see how they look 10pm tonight. Maybe I should turn off c02 ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom