8 x 1000w, 12x13' space, what would you do?

• Thread starter Wevie Stonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wevie Stonder

Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a new room, and it looks like the optimal use of space is to do a 12x13' room. We've got 8 1000 watt lights, and we are hoping to harvest +/- 8 lbs every
harvest--

how would y'all recommend setting up a square(ish) room so that I optimize space and light?

Oh, it's worth adding here that I'm doing a CAP ebb and grow-- number of sites is still to be determined, but I was thinking 48.

I'd love some opinions on how you guys would work this.....

H

HannaMan

Hey. 12x13..8000w? That sounds like a lot of light in a little space!

If I were you, i'd run like 5k watts around the edges of the 12x13 room, giving yourself some working/inspection space.

With 5k watts thats 9 plants per 5 hoods @ 45 plants. that way you can stay square with the footprint of the light.

Get a nice full canopy and flip. I think 8 lbs under 5k is more then doable...now you're being more efficient and you have room to work!

W

Wevie Stonder

Interesting.

I was afraid that it was too small a space. I *could* build the space bigger-- just trying to be efficient. You really think 8 is doable on 5 hoods?

My original idea was to do 8x16' room with 8 lights-- is that still too much light?

Thanks,

WS

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a new room, and it looks like the optimal use of space is to do a 12x13' room. We've got 8 1000 watt lights, and we are hoping to harvest +/- 8 lbs every
harvest--

how would y'all recommend setting up a square(ish) room so that I optimize space and light?

Oh, it's worth adding here that I'm doing a CAP ebb and grow-- number of sites is still to be determined, but I was thinking 48.

I'd love some opinions on how you guys would work this.....

Any one that tells you thats to much light dosent have a clue and more then likely grows with CFL'S or 400 watters. If you check out my last grow 8 x 1000 watts and Co2 you will see the same set up your looking at. You shouldnt have any problem pulling those # taking you know and understand the basics of growing. My room was 9' x 14' GOOD LUCK...JACK

H

HannaMan

Jack, if I remember correctly, your 8000w was placed over 3x3 tables right??

No wonder you're considering 8lbs for 8k watts of light, you're wasting SQ ft of good quality lumens.

If i am wrong, excuse me, I do apologize.

No CFL's here, except in my ceiling. Each 1000w covers 4x4.. thats 16 sq ft x 8.

8 hoods x 16 sq ft = 128 sq ft total.

Hes talking about running a room that is 12x10.. thats 120 sq ft..

Ya, good look fitting 8 hoods in that room...good luck opening the door, too.

unless ofcourse youre placing a 1000w over a 3x3

:character0029:

EDIT: You said 12x13, not 12x10, that is my mistake. If you are efficient, and not wasting space/light, you should be pulling more-so 1.5 pounds per hood, not 1. 12 lbs per 8 hoods is a good starting goal.

Best of luck to you....the bigger the room, the better, more convenient.

W

Wevie Stonder

Lol. that's what I'm worried about. Sounds like a 12x16 may be a better idea.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Jack, were you crowded in your 9x14?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, if I remember correctly, your 8000w was placed over 3x3 tables right??

No wonder you're considering 8lbs for 8k watts of light, you're wasting SQ ft of good quality lumens.

If i am wrong, excuse me, I do apologize.

No CFL's here, except in my ceiling. Each 1000w covers 4x4.. thats 16 sq ft x 8.

8 hoods x 16 sq ft = 128 sq ft total.

Hes talking about running a room that is 12x10.. thats 120 sq ft..

unless ofcourse youre placing a 1000w over a 3x3

:character0029:
I was running 3 x 6 tabels..Did not mean to come off like a dick... Just will never understand to much light I would ditch the hoods and go all vertical...JACK
EDIT: You said 12x13, not 12x10, that is my mistake. If you are efficient, and not wasting space/light, you should be pulling more-so 1.5 pounds per hood, not 1. 12 lbs per 8 hoods is a good starting goal.

Best of luck to you....the bigger the room, the better, more convenient.
I was running 3 x 6 tabels..Did not mean to come off like a dick... Just will never understand to much light I would ditch the hoods and go all vertical...JACK
Lol. that's what I'm worried about. Sounds like a 12x16 may be a better idea.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Jack, were you crowded in your 9x14?

The spacing was a little tight I would of liked to have had 11' x 14' my width was only 9' so if you have it go as big as possible and screw hoods fans etc. buy a bigger ac and go bare back :rock...LOL JACK

OCT202620NEW20ROOM20005
H

HannaMan

Howdy. You didn't sound like a dick, just the comment about 400w and CFL's made me laugh.

Vertical is a different ballgame, and is very neat an efficient indeed.

I personally am building a grow right now with XXXL's, and hope to achieve the 1gpw mark without going vertical. Obviously it will be more difficult to achieve, but I plan on splitting my room with an invisible line and run perpetual.

We'll see.. I'm still open for ideas, as you are too. Vertical / stadium type setups seem to be AWESOME if not running perpetual and just doing 1 solid run. Can't beat 360* of penetration, i dont care who you are.

If I had a 12x16 room I would run 6 hoods. Split the room into 6 hoods into 3 hoods x2. 30 days flower per 3 hoods. Harvest every 30 days and have another small room to veg. Put the ones in veg into the flower room every 30 days and chop down the others. With those hoods you have you can get a large square foot print and do really well. I'd put 9 under each hood to keep things nice and even. 3x3 fashion under 4x4 footprint of light. With plants as small as an ounce in a half per plant, you'll be already meeting your goal...and an ounce in a half plant under a 1000 is rather small lol...so you will be exceeding your goal, and cutting out down time.

Just shooting ideas around
Peace

L

Lost

Wevie - Why don't you go MPB's? You can easily get your 8 pounds with 7 MPB plants.. It is an expense but then again you could also get up to 28 pounds once you get it dialed in.

W

Wevie Stonder

Honestly, I'm not doing it for only a couple of reasons:

1- I'm new to hydro and want to get my "sea legs" with a more classic hydro setup
2- I've never grown anything that big before-- is it more difficult? I'm a bit intimidated :)

Also, I remember someone saying to "check out the MPB secion of the site"-- which I never found. Is there more reading about this in addition to your thread listed in your signature? What is it? DWC? Hydro? Can I do it in ebb and flow buckets?

....As far as room size goes, I'm guessing that 12x16 should be large enough to handle 8 lights and 48 plants (or less)? Is that too large?

Thanks, guys for dealing with my n00b questions-- I've never done anything this big before, or hydro, or started from scratch, and it's a whole new ballgame!

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Dude... Go to the "forums" section and check out the "DoubleD's MPB Buckets" forum...

Top Bottom