8 X 315w Cmh 20x9x7 Let's Have Some Fun!

• Thread starter high420days
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
high420days

high420days

Supporter
Whats up guys?

I've been at this a really long time. Some of you might remember me from Overgrow or PlanetGanja. I went silent online for several years but have still been doing my thing.

I just sold my half of my 10kw HPS grow as I have an infant daughter and really want to spend my nights at home.

I am planning an 8 x 315w CMH room, running BuilASoil LOS soil with some amendments in Earthboxes. 1 plant per 315. Goal is 3/4lb per light, 6 lbs first run.

Just finished cleaning basement and holy shit was it a pain in the ass. Contractor coming tomorrow to frame out walls. Electrician here his weekend, drywall goes up Tuesday. Hoping to have lights hung a week from Saturday. Let's see how this goes.

$12k budget. Let's see if I can stick to it.

8 x 315w cmh 20x9x7 lets have some fun
high420days

high420days

Supporter
What 315s are you going with?

Still up in the air on that. Have a good friend that swears by the fixtures he's been using. I've seen the results first hand and I simply couldn't believe what I was witnessing. He is running Sun Pulse bulbs but unsure of fixture. Will update when I get the info.

The Terps

The Terps

I've ran a bunch of different de fixtures and they all have issues but I haven't had more problems with one brand or another I wouldn't worry about the nano bulbs either. However I'm not saying buy knock off bulbs but I've got no problems with the nano lamps.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Framing is done, green board is in the basement, Earthboxes and soil are ordered (courtesy of BuildASoil), and I'm dead exhausted. Waiting on a call from my buddy to order lights, and I'll be on the couch. After a couple dabs of this GG4 x Cannatonic, of course.

IMG 4317
IMG 4318
IMG 4319
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Your going to love the cmh bulbs! Did a run in a tester room under a 630 lec got a # off it. Keep in mind these were all super old scraggly moms i just abused to cut clones. They were hands down ugliest plants i put in flower in my 5 years of growing but got a decent yield and quality was amazing. Just built a 12x12 room with 4 630 lecs since i was so impressed. Cant wait to see what they do with healthy plants! Looks like you got the right design!

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Your going to love the cmh bulbs! Did a run in a tester room under a 630 lec got a # off it. Keep in mind these were all super old scraggly moms i just abused to cut clones. They were hands down ugliest plants i put in flower in my 5 years of growing but got a decent yield and quality was amazing. Just built a 12x12 room with 4 630 lecs since i was so impressed. Cant wait to see what they do with healthy plants! Looks like you got the right design!

Right on! I have heard 315s are the way to go vs 630s but have run the 630 in veg at my commercial spot for about a year now and it totally changed the game for me. Here, because of my low ceilings, I'm going with the 315s with Earthboxes, 6 plants per 4 lights. Hoping to do 8-10 oz per plant first run. Let's see how it goes.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Right on! I have heard 315s are the way to go vs 630s but have run the 630 in veg at my commercial spot for about a year now and it totally changed the game for me. Here, because of my low ceilings, I'm going with the 315s with Earthboxes, 6 plants per 4 lights. Hoping to do 8-10 oz per plant first run. Let's see how it goes.
Yeah if i were to start over from scratch i would definitely get the 315 vertical hoods. I just already had 2 630s i could pull out of another room so it was the best choice for me since im a little anal about uniformity in my rooms haha. Your numbers are definitely achievable. I think the lecs are finally going to get me into the gram per watt category. I have done it before under a couple lights but never hit gram per watt as an average through whole room. One thing i did notice with them the plants definitely dont stretch as much in flower as they would with hps. Not a big deal just something to be aware of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom