80 degrees too hot for dry room?

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fadetoblack1

will faster drying have negative effects on the smell?

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

I like to keep it at 65ºf and 50-60rh, I find this gives me the dankest nugs with a proper cure. Hope this helps.

Kebz

Kebz

Less harsh tasting with slower drying as you get less chlorophyl or green tasting bud and better formation of CBD and CBN as THC degrades slowly. Yep, like sex, quick will do, but can lead to some real disappointed looks!

And even once dry, it will still taste way better with a good cure.

J

justhydronow

80 degrees is high, 60-70 degrees will give you best smelling buds.

Cort

Cort

I use the same tent I grow in, with the ac cranked down to 65. It gives me a light tight, stink proof, spot that has perfect ventilation and environmental controls already dialed in. I use that week to scrub and sanitize, reclaim my chow mix, wash my smart pots, stock up on energy drinks needed for trimming etc.

The second I trim the last nug, transplant happens from topped teens in smaller pots to teens in 3g smarts, no time wasted. A week or so to get settled in big pots and away we go. At least thats the plan, but it never seems to work that way. :rolleyes:

EVOKE

EVOKE

learn learned i left some buds trimmed for three days in 80 degree temp came home to crispy nuggs bummed out...

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Yes... That is wayy to hot for a curing room. I like to dry my buds in a dark room that is anywhere from 50-60 degrees, & has very low amounts of moisture. But as far as trim goes, I like to spread that out in the garage on a piece of cardboard.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
65-75 degrees and 50% rh is just fine for me. No need to run AC to dry your nugs! lol You used enough power to grow those things so forget about using more to dry 'em. If you can't control your humidity and it's drying too quick you can always re-constitute moisture by running an air stone in a 5 gal bucket of water for a few hours. IMO 7-10 day dry time is usually perfect.

T

thescaper1

What's up. fellow green thumbs I have a ? I have a10 / 10 room that I use for bloom and a 3/3 /6 ft tent I use for drying problem is during lights on it gets too hot not to mention the bright lights so when lights r on I zip it and direct cool air into with a small fan on low for circulation strain is hazard creation anyway i wet trim hang by branches and 3-4 days dry to touch stem not cracking but flexible went from there to jars tasted smell great after a week I gots hay sucks need fire for my wife mainly need suggestion pls on how to fix. Srry for lack of proper punctuation not my fortay plants trees sod bugs yes thank u I'n advance I know there r some really smart peeps on here!!! Peace and just plant it!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stop wet-trimming, for one thing, that speeds up the drying process. You don't really mention temps and humidity, but it is a good idea to have circulation going in the drying area, IME.

T

thescaper1

Thanks Seamaiden guess I need to get another hygrometer. I'm sure dry trim is better too just takes more patience something that this plant is still teaching me!! Would not be a good day if I don't learn anything. Thx again

Top Bottom