80 percent RH in dry room

• Thread starter Wristle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wristle

Wristle

Cut my plant yesterday and took all the fan leaves off. It's hanging in a 100 sq/f storage room. Last night it was 73f and slowly coming down. RH was 60%.

Overcast this morning and it's humid. Dry rooms climbed to 75/80% and 68/70f. My dehumidifier has decided to stop working and I can't get another.

I've half opened the door and have a fan on the floor pushing air out and another fan near the top of the door blowing in. Nothing is blowing directly on the plant as its around a short corner. AC going in the room the storage room is connected to.

Am I at a serious risk of mold here or should I be okay?

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
With the fans on i doubt you get mold during drying.
Problem is you cant store in jars when 80% humid, its too wet and in the jars you can get fungus.
Before i had a dehumidifier i just checked my digital humidity meter and waited on a dry day (less than 60%) to do the last drying and storing in jars.
You can also put a humidity pack in the jar. And open regularly the first days (only in dry environment).

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Cut my plant yesterday and took all the fan leaves off. It's hanging in a 100 sq/f storage room. Last night it was 73f and slowly coming down. RH was 60%.

Overcast this morning and it's humid. Dry rooms climbed to 75/80% and 68/70f. My dehumidifier has decided to stop working and I can't get another.

I've half opened the door and have a fan on the floor pushing air out and another fan near the top of the door blowing in. Nothing is blowing directly on the plant as its around a short corner. AC going in the room the storage room is connected to.

Am I at a serious risk of mold here or should I be okay?
I'm doing the same thing right now (in fact I still have to finish a little bit of trimming), it's pouring rain and humidity's in the 70s, just keep the fan on, it'll be fine

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Just remember drying and curing right is the incredibly important last step before consuming.
Drying and curing the right or wrong way can mean a huge difference in quality.
Its an art you can learn little by little with experience.
Now its easy to find information, anything is Googleable...in my early days I depended on books, a few magazines and friends with some experience.
I better not tell how I dried and cured my first harvest many years ago ...
Good luck !

Top Bottom