8K Raskal OG Grow

• Thread starter grower4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grower4life

grower4life

Ive tried gph drippers before and what ever regulates the flow inside getts clogged real easy from salt build up and i use mostly organic nutrients and things have a habbit of getting clumpy and chunky some times. With sinthetic nutrients ur not gona have the ckunky problem but still have a chance of clogs due to salt build up. Ive seen alot of people use drip clean by H&G and hear it works really well for keeping salt build up to a minumin.

The 3/4 manifold with 1/4 lines to drip stakes ive tried before also and it work great. Again the one problem i ran into was build up and clogs over time. To much 1/4 spots to clog.
If you do decide to go this route one piece of advice is make sure where u connect the 1/4 to the 3/4 manifold that there all evenly distibuted down the maniflod. Even distance plays a big part in pressure control.

I have some pics of another drip system i built and will try to find them. Its
a 1/2 poly manifold down the front of the trays and a 1/2 T and poly line to a U shaped manifold in the middle of the tray, aqua bubbler and drip stakes. The one thing that i learned was that the less spot that were 1/4 inch the better ( also the gph emmiters has a barbed end that slides into the 1/4 tube, well the barb is cone shaped and smaller than the 1/4 so they will slide together) i cant stress the less 1/4 and obstructions the less likely a clog.

This is where the 3/4 pvc, 1/2 risers and bubbler heads came in. O and i took the pressure compensating gasket out of the bubblers, another clog spot.

lol so as you can see ive pretty much figured out the drip system thing

M

markos11

Awesome. Thamnks for clearing things up for me. I would love to see those pics if you can find them....if not no worries.
Thanks Grower!

grower4life

grower4life

Well its time to get ready for the next run, here are a few pics of some beautiful Raskel OG cuts, and a pic of them in
there new home.

M

markos11

Grower, last Q I promise LOL!. What size tables you running in flower room and how many plants/table? Pot size?
Thanks man. I will get you some pics to check out when I get it set up and rollin

M

markos11

Disregard that last post, I just found my answer.... sorry, no more J's for me tonight

grower4life

grower4life

no worries , all good, im here to help.
have a great christmas

M

markos11

Grower-
Forgot to ask you about pumps....... If I model your set up with the 3/4" main to 1/2" risers to octo's to drip stakes what size pump do I need? Submersible or inline?
Would be cool to have a pump with pressure switch to solenoid valve.......that seems a bit much for my small scale deal.
So how do I go about sizing a pump? To much pressure and I can blow my line......not enought pressure, not enough water.
Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

grower4life

grower4life

I dont really know the science behind pressure and all that but what i have got it down to is between 300 and 400 gph works really well to drip 8 to 9 plants ( 2 drippers per plant). I'll put some better pics up to see tonight, quick disconnects and shut off valves make it easy to break this system down for cleaning and shut off valves help to regulate water flow to trays incase u have a tray of plants that dont drink as much .

grower4life

grower4life

001002003004005006007008009010011012001001002003004005006007008009010011012 What up Markos1, here are some better pics of the drip system.

I also couldnt resist on some pics of the Raskal OG, these ladies are blowing my mind for an OG. These ladyz r at 26 days of flowering, the buds are as big if not a bit bigger than quaters and already covered in crystals.

A specail THANKS AGAIN to my buddy that gave me these cuts! O and i cant forget the LAD youngsters, got a couple pics of those to.

grower4life

grower4life

It really depends on What ladies im running. My best has been 14 on average at least 8 to 10.

M

markos11

Grower-
Dude. Much thanks for all the pics you posted. A picture is worth a thousand words. Can't wait to get this thing started. Just waiting for this last run on hydroton to be OVER already. So over washing that crap every turn.
How many cycles do you do with your coco media?
Also do you scrog? Or is the nets just used as support?

grower4life

grower4life

What up Markos11,
I myself only run 1 run per batch of coco, ive got a buddys that get 3 or 4 runs out of there coco but they start to have a pretty bad fungas gnat problem and ive also heard that if the coco isnt washed of all the P-K you can have some problem also.

At 10 days of flowering i clean up the bottoms (about 6 to 8 inches) of the plants and do a little bit of thining to open up the canipy. I used to use stakes and zip ties for support but its some back braking work. I buddy of mine uses trellis and once i used it i never went back to stakes. Its allways a good idea to support all the branchs, just like fruit tries outside once a branch starts to bend to much due to weight the plant or tree will focas on strenghing its self and stop focasing on growing fruit. If you have a strain that you have grown a bunch of times and never supported its fruit, try staking or trellis and your yeild will go up quite a bit.

One more thing i wanted to mention about the whole drip system thing is you really gota be on top of measureing ur EC or PPM of the run off to make sure ur not over feeding. So if ur feeding at 2.0 EC or 1000 PPM u really dont want ur run off to be more than 3 or 400 PPM over ur feed. And u really need to be on top leaching, about every 7 to 9 to days.

M

markos11

Hey Grower, what up.
Again, thanks so much for answering all my q's. This is a big transition for me and I want to get it right the first time.

I've got my hana ph/ec combo meter all set to measure my leachate. And yes, those were the same targets I was shooting for; rez ec < 2.0 and ppm <1200. Then leachate water ec <3 and ppm <1400.

Question in regards to flushing; do you flush with RO ph'd water? Or do you use a slightly charged flush with 400 or so ppm's? I have read some postings on various boards that a slightly charged flush will do a better job of leaching out salts rather than a straight ro ph'd water. Don't know if there is any truth to the claims and wanted your opinion on that.

Interesting concept on the trellising. I typically go to 12/12 at about 18" and my girls are around 4' when done. Havn't really had the need to trellis as most branches stay more or less erect. But what you say makes sense; the plants most likley do focus energy on support rather than floral development without support. Going to try some trellising next time so the plants can focus 100% on floral growth. Will be supper happy to get some extra yield of this technique.

Happy New Year to you Brotherman!

grower4life

grower4life

What up Markos11,
Ya old school cats would do a flush with slightly charged nutrient ro water, I my self like clearex by botanicare. 12 ml per gallon works really well at a ph of 5.8 (which is also a good ph to run ur nutrient at that u willl be feeding with). The reason behind using slightly charged water or clearex is salts bind with salts, so if u using straight ro water there is nothing to bind with the left over salts in ur medium (coco). Clearex is made up of glucose and sucrose which also bind with salts, also glucose and sucrose are sugars so u will notice that the plants will smell so good the day after you leach and its also really good for any benificials you might be using.

Im not sure where ur located at but we run on the 500 scale when measuring EC, and EC = PPM, so .1 = 50 ppm, .2 = 100ppm , .3 = 150ppm and so on. Just not sure cause in ur last post it looks like 2.0 = 1200 ? In europe canada and etc they run on a 700 scale so .1= 70ppm, .2=140ppm, .3=210ppm and so on.

Anyways just wana make sure theres no bumps in the road for u.

Happy New Years To You Also

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

grower4life, very nice setup's.
If you don't mind, what sizes and brands are the mini splits you're using?

grower4life

grower4life

its a fugitsu 1.5 ton, no heat pump and a varible speed control. a 2 ton would have been ideal but i didnt have a choice at the time. You need a bout 1 ton for every 4000 watts as long as the hoods are air cooled. If there is no air cooling then add about another 1/2 a ton per 4000 watts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom