8x12 Room Whit 7.5 Foot ceiling. 600w De or 1000w de?

• Thread starter Blueberrycrypto420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blueberrycrypto420

Blueberrycrypto420

Hi guys.

I have a room 8x12 growing aera. My ceiling is 7 and half foots. I ask couple rep for the right lamp for the room. Only flower room.
Whit the low ceiling problem i have tought about nanolux 600 De in the room until 1000 De for clearance problem.
I have a 2 ton a/c and i want the room sceal whit co2.

4x1000 De?
8x600 De
6x600 De?

What about Nanolux De product if some poeple got experience whit.

What you guys are tinking about this route?

Thank you very much :)

BigCube

BigCube

Hi guys.

I have a room 8x12 growing aera. My ceiling is 7 and half foots. I ask couple rep for the right lamp for the room. Only flower room.
Whit the low ceiling problem i have tought about nanolux 600 De in the room until 1000 De for clearance problem.
I have a 2 ton a/c and i want the room sceal whit co2.

4x1000 De?
8x600 De
6x600 De?

What about Nanolux De product if some poeple got experience whit.

What you guys are tinking about this route?

Thank you very much :)

My vote is 8x quad quantum boards.
I know it's not what you asked. But that is honestly what I would do.

8x 600w de would be what I'd run if i had to run HID. Or maybe de cmh.

If you want to evenly light the entire 12x8 more fixtures would be best. 12x8 is 96 square feet. You're going to want like 50 to 60w per square foot. So somewhere around 5200w plus minus 300 ish. Distributing them evenly in the footprint is going to give you the most consistent light throughout the room.

Its usually cheaper to just run 5 or 6 1000w bulbs. But that would give you hot spots and lower light levels in some areas. But 8 fixtures evenly distributed over the footprint would give you a much nicer coverage and consistency.

Good luck man! Keep us posted 👍

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

With the AC you have, I'd go 6x 600/750 DE. I think 8 would be pushing it, as far as heat load, and with the 1000's it wouldn't be very forgiving if plants got too tall (as they so often do)

Blueberrycrypto420

Blueberrycrypto420

Thank you so much guys.
Yeah my wall are up now and i have 10x14 but i will move around so its gonna be 8x12 canopy.
Sound right for the hotspot from 1000's.
It will cost more for 8 x 600 De but i ll have better uniformity. Sound very good.
My ceiling is 7.4 foot. so i ll have 6.8 foot left. So whit the 24 to 30 inch from the 600's i ll have 35 inch for my plant to be at 30 inch from lignt. Soi ll be able to get close to 4 foot plants if they grow more then expected lol.
I'm looking at Nanolux 600 De for the 6 inch clearance from ceiling and the De bulb. I dont want 2x300w. What do you think about?

Blueberrycrypto420

Blueberrycrypto420

My vote is 8x quad quantum boards.
I know it's not what you asked. But that is honestly what I would do.
Why? i want to know. I'm not a Led guys at all but im open to discution lol.

BigCube

BigCube

Less heat, better spectrum lower power consumption, lower maintenance costs, no bulb replacements, better light distribution, ability to get closer to the lights.... stuff like that.

Blueberrycrypto420

Blueberrycrypto420

Less heat, better spectrum lower power consumption, lower maintenance costs, no bulb replacements, better light distribution, ability to get closer to the lights.... stuff like that.
Yeah.But...The result? I don't have nobody around flowering whit led.Grow ok but that it.
When i ask about led cob what ever they are 100% sure the way to go is Sodium.
I'm back after a 15 years off period. I will have to make a lot of comparation between thoses cause it's a big descision ahead.

Like i said. I have 21000 Btu A/c and the cost of electricity is cheap here.Close to 9cents,
Do you have stuff to read about? Video they have to be seen?

I'm bulding the room now.

I had make box wall whit 2x6. I insulated r22 inside whit wool. Osb 5/8 on the wall of the canopy and plywood 3/4 all the ceiling.
I will sceal whit 3M membrane and apply black and white all around. Sceal to.And i look for mylar panel for better diffusion.

I read about the ventilation. I ll have 4 fan one every wall. Will have a cancan and extrution fan to outside. The intake ll be in the other room next to a wall.

Something like that. I take my time and try to do well.

Thank you so much guys.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah.But...The result? I don't have nobody around flowering whit led.Grow ok but that it.
I'm back after a 15 years off period. I will have to make a lot of comparation between thoses cause it's a big descision ahead.

Like i said. I have 21000 Btu A/c and the cost of electricity is cheap here.Close to 9cents,

I had make box wall whit 2x6. I insulated r22 inside whit wool. Osb 5/8 on the wall of the canopy and plywood 3/4 all the ceiling.
I will sceal whit 3M membrane and apply black and white all around. Sceal to.And i look for mylar panel for better diffusion.

I read about the ventilation. I ll have 4 fan one every wall. Will have a cancan and extrution fan to outside. The intake ll be in the other room next to a wall.

Thank you so much guys.

I flower under led. I'm very happy with my results. COB leds can be good, but they are more of a solid hard source of light, unlike quantum boards that distribute the light more even.

There are many quantum board vs videos on youtube. They have pretty much been compared to everything now.

I suggest researching quantum boards and the lm301b samsung leds.

Blueberrycrypto420

Blueberrycrypto420

I flower under led. I'm very happy with my results. COB leds can be good, but they are more of a solid hard source of light, unlike quantum boards that distribute the light more even.

There are many quantum board vs videos on youtube. They have pretty much been compared to everything now.

I suggest researching quantum boards and the lm301b samsung leds.
Thank you man. i ll make rechearch and speak about those led lamp.
I ll order next week so i'm ok whit this rechearch.
Thank you again

Hillbillyhaze420

Hillbillyhaze420

I know this an older post but I just wanted to chime in on the DE debate vs LED.
This is my first indoor grow and I built a 8x16 flower room,fitted with a new Nanolux OG1000w DE light over 6 plants, and A 600w aircooled HPS light over the other 4 plants, the Nanolux hangs at about 7foot on 8f ceiling, which is about 4foot above my canopy, lots of light digging below canopy,the 600 is only about 16in above my other canopy and the light only goes down the plant maybe halfway through the canopy. I am upgrading the 600w to another Nanolux OG1000w light when they come back into stalk at my grow shop. I love the DE no issues not alot of heat my grow room sits at 24'C during lights on with out a ac just air coming in from outer room, very easy light to work with, the smart controller for the Nanolux is the cats ass lol, I have my light replicating sunrise Nd sunset so it will slowly ramp up to 1000w over a half hr and will slowly ramp down a half hr before lights off, replication of nature is best in my opinion.
20201005 192404
20201005 192404
20201017 183235
20201002 143753
20201002 143753
20201002 143838

Lenny805

Lenny805

I have 14” ceilings and ran gavita 1000 de for yrs and always had them turned down to 600 or 750. I never ran them at 1000 or up at 1100.

R

redshift75

mine are almost touching my quantums and not getting burned like you get with even blurple. So im all for quantums. Then just have to do your best to keep em from perking into the lights.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lots of talk on the forums about quantum boards. Bar lights are actually the newest and best out there but are made really for vertical shelf grows as they can be real close to the plants. I still like cobs like timber builds and may go that way.

But big commercial ops seem to still buy mostly de hps. There must be a reason. And up front cost is not likely it.

Gavita is selling a bar light now. And so is timber. And 2gpw is being hit all over with them.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thank you so much guys.
There’s plenty of farmers running mid to high end LED and pullin 2 or more grams a watt. boards seem to be the most cost efficient I run same boards cube has and couldn’t be happier with production vs. cost! So far I just left his thread so I’ll also through out that @sshz is just killing it with some higher end gavita LED

mikeross

mikeross

But big commercial ops seem to still buy mostly de hps. There must be a reason. And up front cost is not likely it.

I think yield it the number one reason. A dialed in DE room will out yield a room filled with high end LED's. That difference in weight is more than enough to cover the extra cost for electricity to run DE's in a sealed room. At the end of the day profitability is numero uno to a commercial grower. LED growers will claim that they grow more frosty nugs but be honest... you know a DE fixture can grow some dank buds as well... 90% of the end user could care less or even notice the difference.

There is also the upfront cost and the fact you have to buy more LED fixtures to cover the same space. A buddy of mine is running 15 DE's in his flower room... it would take 18 of the higher end LED fixtures to cover this space.

Top Bottom