8'x20' shed grow

• Thread starter bmf725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bmf725

Hello all I am new around here and I am currently in the construction phaze of building an 8' x 20' outbuilding for a legal Michigan medical grow. I plan to section off about a 8' x 10' flower area and a 4x4 clone/ mother area. Will i be able to keep things cool in the flower area during the summer with 2x 1000 watt hps lights? I plan on using cool tubes with a bat wing reflector? and say a 600+ cfm exhaust fan. Any help would be great.

S

Steel Erection

I ran a very similar set up. 16 x 10 shed 8' high at the peak. I had the exact same size room 8 x 10. I ran 2 1000's in hoods. I had a Vortex 747 cfm fan pulling air from outside and pushing through the lights back outside(closed loop). The answer to your question is no you will not be able to keep the temps down without using a/c. I had a 15,000 watt wallbanger mounted on the back (where no one could see) kept everything in check. I also insulated the whole room except the floor. But bro let me tell ya i left one day for 3 hours during the summer and the a/c breaker tripped I came back to the deadest of dead plants and like 150 degrees. Everything gets 20 amp breakers now. If its a short term project wallbanger, if it's long term get a minisplit.-SE

B

bmf725

thanks for your input SE. I was thinking 30 amp breakers for everying. Will I need a dehumidifier If i am running A/c?

S

Steel Erection

I never needed one. But like I said I had that room insulated and sealed up pretty well. I was runnin a 4 x 8 table and had a 40 gallon res in the room too. RH always stayed in check. - SE

Top Bottom