8x4 Flood Tables And Fabric Pots

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Ok so this is my idea, (2) 8x4 Flood Trays and 50ish 3gal Fabric pots with pro mix or happy frog . Im planning on doing a 30-40 gallon resevoir to mix my nutes and have water lines on an on/off valve feeding the plants. no drip system, just when the plants get dry i can mix up my nutes and feed the plants, drain the runoff using the tray sytem. good idea or ?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Have you thought of doing a bed instead of the pots?
You can get liners for the trays. Probably cost less also.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Have you thought of doing a bed instead of the pots?
You can get liners for the trays. Probably cost less also.

I didn't think about that at all , a bed of soil or the little clay balls? I forgot the name .

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
Some people mix em also ive seen

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I was totally unaware of this liner till now. I look at it and say hmmmm that's a good idea! My thought as well is, if I put let's say 25-3 cuttings into it and veg for 2 weeks then flower them I would tend to think that there roots will intertwine with each other and get a little bound up . I think the 3 gal smart pots may be a little more $$ but in the end they will make a stronger root system for the plant and have more air ability. ???

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Some really nice bed grows are crushing it. You can even reuse some beds by cutting out a little rootball, adding a root munching enzyme, giving it a few weeks, then replant new clones and go. Build your beds on wheels. Roll em in and out. I'm considering it's feasibility in my own space.

Best of luck.
Peace

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

How do you evenly saturate such a huge slab of dirt? And your talking about the tray liner system correct. Not the fabric pots?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
How do you evenly saturate such a huge slab of dirt? And your talking about the tray liner system correct. Not the fabric pots?
Go to instagram and look at the user Capulator.
He's doing it. You'll learn something, I'm sure.
Best of luck.
Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yes bed liners not pots.Just evenly water the bed the roots will find the water.
And what kind of enzymes we talking here?
Hygrozyme is what most use,im sure theres others too.I dont even wait after using it to plant,in fact i use it along with my regular feedings weekly or biweekly.

Top Bottom