8X4 Flower Tent. What wattage light from Kingbrite?

• Thread starter Madbudder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbudder

Madbudder

Hey guys,

Any who has purchased a Kingbrite board and uses it in their set up I would appreciate your help!
I am purchasing a 8X4 grow tent for flower to essentially run 8 plants in either 3/5 Gallon fabric pots.

I have looked over the vast options available and their ads don’t make sense based on the wattage and the flower footprint.
Some say 4x4 other say you need 2kits for 4x4 (same light different ad)

I am willing to drop extra money on the Cree instead of epistar but I am having trouble choosing what wattage.
I would like the UV feature but apparently running it for too long ruins the plants so I was thinking a uv bar on its own timer.

Previously I was running a 1000w Vivosun HPS and then dialed down to a 600 after the plants showed signs they hated it.

If you can please tell me what wattage would be ideal for an 8X4 situation I would appreciate the extra input from others before I drop 1000 bucks.

Wattage available is 240, 320, 480, 600
Sorry for the long read and thank you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

30w per sq ft and don't bother with the UV. About 1000w should be good for flower. 2 480s should do well.

30roll

30roll

Are you talking about true watts or equivilent watts? Because LED's are so bright..

Madbudder

Madbudder

30w per sq ft and don't bother with the UV. About 1000w should be good for flower. 2 480s should do well.
Thanks for the response, 480w per 4x4? I was thinking that was the best solution.

In terms of the UV. I have been told it really pushes terpene and thc production if you run it 1-2 hours out of the 12/12 cycle. Is this not true?

Is the Cree really better then the epistar and worth the money?

Also are the lm301b diodes better then the lm301h? I really want to spend money on my flowering lights but don’t want to get caught up in the hype.

I have spent a lot of money on stuff I don’t need haha.
Thank you Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the response, 480w per 4x4? I was thinking that was the best solution.

In terms of the UV. I have been told it really pushes terpene and thc production if you run it 1-2 hours out of the 12/12 cycle. Is this not true?

Is the Cree really better then the epistar and worth the money?

Also are the lm301b diodes better then the lm301h? I really want to spend money on my flowering lights but don’t want to get caught up in the hype.

I have spent a lot of money on stuff I don’t need haha.
Thank you Aqua Man
B or H are very good and not worth the upgrade... the cree over epistar is worth it and the UV these diodes produce is extremely low amount of UVA.... the UV we want is UVB and honestly the only decent way to supplement it right now is florescent lighting.

Madbudder

Madbudder

B or H are very good and not worth the upgrade... the cree over epistar is worth it and the UV these diodes produce is extremely low amount of UVA.... the UV we want is UVB and honestly the only decent way to supplement it right now is florescent lighting.
Thank you for the knowledge.
I’ll take a dive at the lm301b to try.
People have said the H stands for horticulture and that they are essentially the same diode just marketed towards growing to increase the price, not sure if it’s true just what I have read.

I am excited to see the weed after using these lights.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you for the knowledge.
I’ll take a dive at the lm301b to try.
People have said the H stands for horticulture and that they are essentially the same diode just marketed towards growing to increase the price, not sure if it’s true just what I have read.

I am excited to see the weed after using these lights.
The H is actually a miniscule bit more efficient but you won't see any measurable improvement.

Top Bottom