• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I use a 6”Canfan in the tent on a dialASpeed. Various other air moving fans. Passive intake from lung room. Then another 6” in the lung room that vents outside.

Madmax

Madmax

Jump on the net and look up cfm calculator for cfm requirements of your room .width,length height then add 25% for bends ducting and carbon filter etc..

XxHammer

XxHammer

I use a 6”Canfan in the tent on a dialASpeed. Various other air moving fans. Passive intake from lung room. Then another 6” in the lung room that vents outside.

Ive heard this term "lung room," used several times now. I need to learn more....

Jump on the net and look up cfm calculator for cfm requirements of your room .width,length height then add 25% for bends ducting and carbon filter etc..

Thank you. I did not know such a thing existed.

I think 1 8" would be big enough for an 8x4 tent.

Thanks. I will hear out a few more people but I think youre right.

I will be adding other fans for air movement. This is just for exhaust purposes...

I will be parking the 12k BTU Toshiba Portable AC inside the Grow Tent for Temp Control. With it exhausting outside

freezeland2

freezeland2

My room is 4x8 with 8 foot ceiling. I have 10 feet of suction hose from filter to exhaust blower. Then about 40 feet of discharge ducting to get it outside. I am using a 265 cfm blower on 4” duct. Would have preferred a 6 or 8 duct but I am using an extra dryer vent to get it outside. Works fine. Temp and humidity are good and you can’t smell a thing standing next to the door of my room.

XxHammer

XxHammer

My room is 4x8 with 8 foot ceiling. I have 10 feet of suction hose from filter to exhaust blower. Then about 40 feet of discharge ducting to get it outside. I am using a 265 cfm blower on 4” duct. Would have preferred a 6 or 8 duct but I am using an extra dryer vent to get it outside. Works fine. Temp and humidity are good and you can’t smell a thing standing next to the door of my room.

Since youre already doing a 8x4 and youve always been nice and helpful, ill probably pick your brain a bit

What lights do you use? How many plants can you comfortably grow?

XxHammer

XxHammer

GO 8" AC Infinity and never look back..
You could easily fill a 4x8 with 6 PLants.. Just a suggestion.

This is what I am leaning towards.

Do you think the controller is worth it?

I liked those TerraBlooms cause they have just a speed adjust knob. Which seems like enough for my needs. The whole digital controller feels like overkill for my use BUT if there is no other way to adjust the exhaust fan speed, well then controller it is.

30roll

30roll

You absolutely need a controller. Worth every penny to set it up and have it babysit your tent.
You set your high and low thresholds and the Controller does the rest. As the crop grows you'll change values like fan speed to accommodate more heat and humidity. Plus it's easy on the electric bill.
I have a Dehumidifier in my 4x8 to help because at some point, running the fan is not enough

freezeland2

freezeland2

Since youre already doing a 8x4 and youve always been nice and helpful, ill probably pick your brain a bit

What lights do you use? How many plants can you comfortably grow?

I am using a hlg scorpion Rspec. I have 4 plants sitting under it. 6 would fit fine. More than that a second light would get hung. If I did add a second light 12 plants would fit nicely in the room. You have 32 sq ft of floor space. I don’t use all of it because 4 plants are enough for me. I like to be able to move around in the room to do maintenance etc. I also have my reservoir outside of the room. It’s not hydro, I am running a drip irrigation system. I also keep supplies etc in the room where the reservoir is. The only thing in my room is the plants, the exhaust fan mounted to a wall, a fan at under canopy height, and my light hanging above.

XxHammer

XxHammer

the ac in the tent?

That is the plan. That way it can actually use the built in temp control settings on the unit.

The settings are much harder to regulate when the unit is in a cooled room

As long as I exhaust the air out of the tent, is there any issue?

Last edited:
XxHammer

XxHammer

You absolutely need a controller. Worth every penny to set it up and have it babysit your tent.
You set your high and low thresholds and the Controller does the rest. As the crop grows you'll change values like fan speed to accommodate more heat and humidity. Plus it's easy on the electric bill.
I have a Dehumidifier in my 4x8 to help because at some point, running the fan is not enough

Im not sure if I will need a dehumidifier or not. That is one pro of Arizona. Extremely dry climate. Humidity is never usually over 10-15% unless I am running a humidifier. Or later in Flower when the plants are bigger I am able to maintain a humidity of around 35-40%

XxHammer

XxHammer

20210410 211454 HDR

That is the AC unit. It is on wheels. Id like to get rid of the ducting (the intake one) and just place the unit inside a larger sized tent. It has a 6" exhaust duct that would still go out the tent and out a window

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
put it outside the tent, put it in always on mode, use an inkbird controller, or a smart setup - not the units thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom