• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Stainless Steel Turkey Baster - $6.99
3 bolts (Lowes) - $0.60
2 clamps hose clamps (Lowes) - $1.50

http://i1081.invalid.com/albums/j349/str8dank/BHO/bho1.jpg

find a piece of screen and a coffee filter.

* this has legs so you dont have to hold it
* holds roughly 20 grams
* put together in 5 minutes

http://i1081.invalid.com/albums/j349/str8dank/BHO/bho2.jpg

everyone knows about the Bed Bath and Beyond turkey basters and i heard they were back in stock due to the season so i had to pick one up. i've never made BHO before so i figured I'd give it a shot. the 3 bolts i just bent the threaded tip so it was at a roughly 45 degree angle so the legs would not point straight down that way they did not interfere with packing or removing the plant material.

the hardest part was trying to put the clamp on with the three legs. i ended up taping each leg in place one at a time then putting the clamp on. the tape is ugly but whatever it worked i only have two hands.

NOTE: before you do this use some pliers and make sure that injector tip is on the baster REALLY TIGHT. i did my run hand tight and butane was squirting out at the seams.

i packed 20 grams of some OOOOOOLLLLD ass mids (i had no trim at the house and was not risking bud on my first run) into the tube. i packed it really tight. i had no idea what to expect i ran one tube of tane through here but like i said i didn't have the tip tight enough so a good deal just squirted out the side. here is some of my first result I'll be trying this over the weekend.

http://i1081.invalid.com/albums/j349/str8dank/BHO/bho3.jpg

i liked this process and DIY enough that I'm going to make a 4 or 6 baster setup. I'm just going to clamp them all together and build one set of legs on them! I'll also grind down the injector tips it's sharp as hell you could shank someone to death this this weapon lol.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

they are both threaded just make sure you screw it on REALLY TIGHT with pliers. the legs are not a must but they sure are easier then having to get a glove and hold it in the air the whole time.

420king-MASSES

ohhh faloopadoop duuhhh im thinking of a special tip for the butane///what butane did you use vector or what and thanks for the reply im a gonna copy it i think

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

no i used some random kind. all that mattered to me was it has the "near zero impurities" logo. it was $4 a can and the only thing the smoke shop i went to had in stock.

FYI if you see the "Near Zero Impurities" there is a purity standard that must be met to have that logo on their can so to me any can with a logo is good enough. i probably should have done the glass/mirror test on it but i already bought it and knew i was going to use it.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

once i read this link

is when i just decided i would buy any can with the logo.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah i thought it was worth sharing! i left my camera at my other house so sorry for the cell pics but i got the idea to do it today while at work and just kinda threw it all together this afternoon spontaneously.

it may not be as pretty as the ones for sale but it's only 10% the cost as just as effective how can you beat that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bomb! Come to my house and show me how it's done, I've got a garbage bag full of trim that needs processing.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

seamaiden well lets just get a metal trash can and drill like 50 holes in the lid the size of a tane can tip and then drill a bunch of holes in the bottom and lay screen and coffee filters down. idk where the hell we will get a pyrex big enough at maybe have to use a fish tank!

now that's a industrial bho extractor lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
seamaiden well lets just get a metal trash can and drill like 50 holes in the lid the size of a tane can tip and then drill a bunch of holes in the bottom and lay screen and coffee filters down. idk where the hell we will get a pyrex big enough at maybe have to use a fish tank!

now that's a industrial bho extractor lol.
Uh... that would make big BADDA BOOM! I'd have to concentrate to not start a fire.
:mad0233:

ViVi

ViVi

nice work!..def. love these lil basters. had to pick up another one to cut in half for those small run days..

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

nice vivi did you grind down that injector tip? that thing is just dangerously sharp to me i dont like that one bit.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
thanks for the idea. I ended up grinding the tip flat.

I found a piece of 1" pipe and drilled and tapped it. Put in some set screws and then welded up some legs. Made em wide enough to site outside the pie dish. Was in a rush to make some oil before it got dark, did not do any work to make it pretty. It is functional();

okeef.jpg

It works!
cush_bho.jpg

Now just gotta finish scraping the pie plate. Sides are the hardest to scrape. The oil is from some buds. :smiley_joint:

bbb also had the pyrex pie dishes on sale.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

awesome stuff man glad the idea set you in the direction of taking it to the next level! really cool looking and screw pretty functionality is all that matters!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
awesome stuff man glad the idea set you in the direction of taking it to the next level! really cool looking and screw pretty functionality is all that matters!
Thanks for the idea. I like being able to walk away while the tane evaps.

Do you still get leaking where the needle screws in? I have used vice grips to get it super tight and sometime a little bit of butane leaks out there.

I also pulled out the needle and then a vector can fits right in.

Otherwise the plastic tips do not fit exactly into the needle tip and then will crack and leak butane.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
try that plumbers white tape they put on pipes when they screw them together so they dont leak. i forget what its called

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

teflon tape! as long as it does not get inside i guess it would be good. i never tried without the needle maybe i will tonight i have had this thing loaded for a week and keep forgetting to buy the damn tane lol

Top Bottom