90 watt led UFO advise

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

What up farmers!!!!
I'm currently running a 2x2 tent with 250watt hps with a 6" inline Eco fan doing the venting and scrubbing.. Im looking to lower power consumption and noise.. Im interested in running a 90watt led UFO I saw on hidhut.com with adjustable spectrum, and a 4" fan with scrubber and duct silencers on the exhaust side.. You farmers think this sounds doable??
Any feedback is appreciated,
thanks bongtoker

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

If you have time, I'd wait till the other farmers chime in. I know that l.e.d.'s can work, however it is super important that you get a good brand, not sure about the u.f.o.'s I'd assume they are old technology, seems there's newer models that others have tried and seem to be working well. I've personally used bad ones and I ended up giving it away to my buddy for his clones.

urbanfog

urbanfog

just picked up a Lighthouse blackstar 180 for flower for 212.xx shipped. Id think for a lil more than you would spend on the UFO you would have better coverage. Mine says coverage is 3x2 so I would think the coverage area would b e good for your size. now as I say that, I have never used a LED, and I only wanted to add a bit more to my 4x4x6.5 tent as an additional light with my 330 CMH. Good luck, I know their is shitloads of info to wade through...

Cheers,
UF

B

BongToker

Thanks guys,
I was also considering running http://www.advancedledlights.com/pr...r-LED-%2d-3w-USA-LEDs-%2d-11-Wavelengths.html this led... It's made in the USA and uses 3 watt diodes with 11 different wavelength they claim covers a 2.5x2.5 for full flower.. Sounds good for my space right???

There is also this one... From htg which also looks like a decent choice

And I also have a 2' 8 bulb t5 unit I could run.. But i figured I may get more intense light and a better finished product running led for flower.. I realize very few people are doing this because of led claims of replacing a 600 with a led.. But you think it sounds doable to replace a 250 hps for one in a 2x2 tent???
Thanks for any help!

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

not sure about advanced bro, I think you should check out the l.e.d. forums for more advice, blackstars and magnums seem good from what everyone is saying. with the type of money they are asking I'd do some thorough research before dropping 300-400 smackaroos. steer clear of led girl.

Top Bottom