90 watt UFO Tri spectrum LED

• Thread starter sassy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sassy

sassy

Hi there,

Ok so I am well very new to LEDs and have been looking up general info and review's on grows with them and from what i've gathered they say the contray to popular belief The watt is the unit of energy used to denote how much light a bulb can hold. So, a 500-watt bulb would produce more light than one that was 90 watts. However, when it comes to plant absorption, both lights would be the same. As such, many in the hydroponics world believe that a larger wattage is irrelevant. In some ways their thoughts are true, but if a light offers more wattage, it tends to last longer than one offering less.
A decent LED light should have a bulb that can produce 1 watt or more. At this amount, a single unit could light an area as large as 5×5 feet… if the plants are short. If the plants are larger, 1-watt bulbs would light an area that is 3×3 feet. At this distance, the lights could penetrate a thick canopy of blossoms and leaves

Okay so in taking what ive learned would one 90w Five Spectrum - Deep Red / Red / Blue / Orange / White UFO LED Grow Light be enough to cover 120 x 60 x160 set up?

I'm used to using a HPS light, but I am interested in the these LEDs and would appricate any help :banana1sv6:

Thanks guys !!!

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

my opinion, double ur LED, dont get one get two, and make sure they are trusted led companies, for the ufo i would go for eloofa ufo, if not the blackstar, and i forgot who makes the jumbo ufo, but i heared they are good,
remeber buy cheap= grow cheap lol

C

cultleader

Guys this is also new to me I am just wondering if they have the strength for light penetration, it just seems like the light may not be as strong as a traditional mh or hps? Look forward to seeing how your grow works out.

Dunge

Dunge

stop right there

So, a 500-watt bulb would produce more light than one that was 90 watts. However, when it comes to plant absorption, both lights would be the same.
If this is what you intended to write, then you need some talking to.

The word "watt" is used in at least two very different ways in the LED marketing world.
Watt = power, or energy consumed.
Individual LED chips are manufactured and rated for a maximum sustainable power consumption that will yield a reasonable (power used / light produced) ratio. Any inefficiencies result in heat (a bad thing). So, lamp builders will drive a three watt LED at less than three watts in search of the sweet spot where enough light is produced, and waste heat is tolerable.
Many sellers will offer a big array of LEDs and brag that they only use a small total watt load. What this is in fact telling you is that the unit will disappoint as it lacks light producing capacity.
Things are complicated further by designers efforts to match a blend of LED colors (spectrum emitted) to plant requirements.

I apologize for any lack of clarity in the above text, but this is complicated stuff and many marketers are taking advantage of consumer confusion to direct purchasing decisions.

LEDs are the future.
LEDs can be the present, but you must be willing to pay for it if you want good results.

Top Bottom