9000w Dual Arc Organic Soil Beds

• Thread starter Taedon83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Taedon83

Taedon83

Got a decent little project going. It's gonna be 3 - 5x10 beds with 1 foot walls. each bed will have 3 1000 watt bulbs with radiant 8 hoods dual arc bulbs and 2 split AC.

Pulled power today(can't beat a good electrician) You can see wire dangling in the back. This is the office/clone area/water station
office.PNG

Gonna be using black gold(I've never used it...) I think I'm gonna need more. this is only 60. Anyone?
blackgold.PNG

Heres theplatforms soon to be beds:
bedscons.PNG

I got a killer rigging system for this 3/32nds vinyl coated cable I'm using. Just waiting on winches to mount.

Panda is on walls. lights are lumateks, hoods are radiant 8, soil is black gold, dual arc bulb IDK but they were cheap! (70 a pop) I'm still deciding on feeding system. I think I'm gonna do 1 bed compost tea. 1 earth juice. 1 H&G or AN combo bed with other lines involved. Any questions feel free to ask.

-T

C

CT Guy

If I was doing a chem grow, this is the formula I would use. Got this from a guy who's working on his PhD in plant physiology and has been growing indoors for over 15 years (and he's our age). Here's what he posted:

Below is my best effort to make an ideal chem fert mix using General Hydroponics Flora series to provide cannabis with sufficient level of elements. Ideally I would drop N to around 100 ppm so using maybe 3-4 ml of GH Micro and using 2.5 ml of CalMag+ might be better but I haven't done the math for that yet.

I have tested the following mix for growing cannabis and it preformed better than the Lucas formula without excess ions found in the Lucas formula (which is based upon flawed claims by Ed Rosenthall, Mel Frank, George Cervantes, et al.):
GH Grow/Micro/Bloom at 5/5/5 ml with CalMag+ at 5 ml and ProTeKt at 2.5 ml (all per gallon; along with some citric acid to lower pH to ~6 and to keep P anions soluble):
Total N...140 ppm
Nitrate N...130 ppm
Ammoniacal N...10 ppm
P.....39 ppm
K.....155 ppm
Ca...126 ppm
Mg...46 ppm
S.....15 ppm
Fe....3.1 ppm
Mn...0.8 ppm
Si.....56 ppm
total PPM = ~580
Ca:Mg ratio = ~2.7
Nitrate N:Ammoniacal N ratio = 13

So he's using the GH line (the Grow, Bloom, and Micro) at 5 ml/gal each, CalMag+ at ml/gal, and ProTeKt at 2.5 ml/gal. I think it would be worth your time to run this against the AN stuff you're currently using.

I think the greatest yields would come from a combination of organics and chem. I truly believe this formulation would blow AN out of the water (plus that company sucks ass for a variety of reasons).

Also, how are you making/using the compost tea? For the experiment to be accurate, you need to make sure that your tea is biologically active and not just a bucket of brown water.

Black Gold is okay, but there's definitely better soil out there. I don't think it will have much of an impact on your chem bed, but it could be much better for your organic one. How are you going to amend it?

Bulbs and bulb spectrum are important. Any chance you'd consider the Philips 400W CMH? It's an excellent spectrum for all stages of plant growth and cheaper and longer lasting. I went with 2 of them for my veg and 2 1000W Lumatek digital ballasts with the Digilux HPS bulbs. I think the Equilizer diffusers are well worth it as well, to prevent any hot spots in your light diffusion. Oh, I'm using the 8" blockbuster hoods. How wide are your beds, if they're not too wide, 2-3 ft, then the supersun 2 has excellent reflection when you don't need a lot of diffusion outwards (it's mostly concentrated down).

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

This looks good bro! 5x5 beds are the way to go. I've seen stellar results from Black Gold soil, much better than the Fox Farms I think you usually use. Using different style nutes/feeds on each bed will be a great experiment/contribution to the farm, although I think using something more soil-less like Sunshine Mix instead of a potting soil will yield you more consistent results. I can't say much about the cheap dual arcs, except that I would probably replace them more frequently then something tried and tested. You said a 2 ton split ac for each bed or for the whole room?
I think this is going to be an excellent thread. Sign me up!

KAL EL

KAL EL

Return the dual arcs and get hps. The dual arc only penetrates as well as a 600, hps will yield better.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Very nice start cant wait ta see it full tilt boogie!

Return the dual arcs and get hps. The dual arc only penetrates as well as a 600, hps will yield better.

I dont agree with that, Dual arcs consistantly give me better yeilds across all of my grows.

Otto

Taedon83

Taedon83

threebeds.PNG
purple_diesel.PNG
IMG_8375.JPG

closest bed looks like c rap. the grape ape and purple diesel beds are rockin

G

growbigtrees

Looks killer so far, going to stick around for this one!

phenotyper

phenotyper

I cannot wait to see how these girls grow. I wish I had a space like that, damn!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Oh, that's sweet. You are gonna have a hand full real soon!
How tall are you going to go before flip?

-TF

Taedon83

Taedon83

Thanks guys for all the comments. Our problem right now is AC of all things. We have an issue with the lines and need a tech who knows more then us. =P The Grape ape has needed to be flipped. The purple diesels aswell.. The third bed which is jacks cleaner x strawberry diesel. a few whitefire and I'mgoingto end up putting some of my kens grandaddy to fill the space. So the third bed needs the extra time or I'd flip.

R

Randyb

few questions

Is 1 foot deep of soil enough and how are you going to support the plants from falling over in flower?

Are you going to leach the beds to run off salt build-up?

Is there any type of aeration in or around the roots? Won't they get soggy?

The plants look beautiful but I've never seen them grown in a shallow box. I use airpots-smart pots. This looks interesting and i've pulled up a chair. Keep the pictures coming.

Taedon83

Taedon83

Oh, that's sweet. You are gonna have a hand full real soon!
How tall are you going to go before flip?

-TF
It's BEEN a full time job bro. There actually too tall at this point... Thinking of making it a nursery? I'm having problems getting my AC on so we haven't flipped. I need a trustworthy HVAC guy. might ask CannabisJohn
I'll show an updated pic soon. Some are 2 feet talll.

Is 1 foot deep of soil enough and how are you going to support the plants from falling over in flower?

Are you going to leach the beds to run off salt build-up?

Is there any type of aeration in or around the roots? Won't they get soggy?

The plants look beautiful but I've never seen them grown in a shallow box. I use airpots-smart pots. This looks interesting and i've pulled up a chair. Keep the pictures coming.
Well it is somewhat shallow. the rooots haveplenty of vertical run. I was most likely gonna use stakes and or nettingto support them. Salt build up is only an issue when you run synthetics in my opinion. I dont do heavy feeds and flushes. I just do adequate feedings with water till run off. Then I let the bed completely dry so no soggy here... too much air and heat for there to be any true moisture build up.

-T

P

phillip

ur ac

i do ac whats wrong with it does the fan turn when on and just blowing hot air or is fan not turning on ac at all?

Top Bottom