'91 Chem, Lavender, NL5 '89 cut, Chem Kush, Lemon Larry OG, and Dbl SFV OG.

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm gonna try that. I like that because I can pull one out and work on it and then stick it back in. Plus I can customize the fit for each plant.

S

Sirius

Looking great Big Buddy! I had a question for you... I picked up some Lavender from a club awhile back and I have to say it was some of the best tasting herb ever. It tasted like Blueberry muffins. Exactly like blueberry muffins.. Does your cut taste like that? Also.. do you think I would get a good blueberry tasting pheno out of a pack of soma's lavender?

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I'm gonna try that. I like that because I can pull one out and work on it and then stick it back in. Plus I can customize the fit for each plant.

Thats the exact reason i do it.

Looking great Big Buddy! I had a question for you... I picked up some Lavender from a club awhile back and I have to say it was some of the best tasting herb ever. It tasted like Blueberry muffins. Exactly like blueberry muffins.. Does your cut taste like that? Also.. do you think I would get a good blueberry tasting pheno out of a pack of soma's lavender?

Hey man, thanks. I didnt find anything even remotely blueberry in mine. i think the lavender that floats around cali is a totally different cut that anything from lavender, from what I understand anyway, I have 0 experience with that one. Somas is super skunk x big skunk korean x afghani hawaiian, my pheno is on the ah side of things. At the end of cure it tastes like a mixture of fruit, sour something, hash, skunk, and sweetness, all at once with different pronunciation of each along the way(i've barely smoked any of that herb, lol). To be honest, I only ran 1 pack and got lucky, but like i say, no bb tastes in mine.

S

Sirius

Thanks for the help bro.. I might still try it out.. especially since you speak so highly of it... :)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Tried and failed to find a keeper. I am gonna try one more time to find that special one.

C

chickenn

wazzup big buddy, i popped a whole pack of soma lavender a week ago, i got 7 girls going, and hoping for that awesome pheno you used to post up.

how ya been bro, haven't seen ya in a while.

true grit

true grit

Nice Buddy, didn't realize that Soma was responsible for a majority of the Lavender floating around... thought it was just some Cali cut...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey Big Buddy!!! You asked if I had any pics of mine so I thought I would throw some up. Thanks again BB. I just love the smell on this Lav cut of yours and the earliest trich poduction also, the smell changes every day it seems like.. These chems(91,4) and Lemon Larry(sour) are no slouchs either. The Lav. seems to be the heaviest feeder like you told me. I will bump her up a bit next round. These pics are at 26 days flower from 12/12 flip. Enjoy, RB

Chemdog 91 pics 1,2,3,4
Chemdog #4 pics 5,6

Chem91  25F
Chem91 25F 2
Chem91 25F 3
Chem91 25F
Chem4  25F
Chem4 25F
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I should'nt say i didn't find a keeper. I just didn't find the one I sampled with Soma or anything like Big Buddy's. They were almost identical to Yumbolt I had going right next to it. Good but not the one. Neither of the two could hang with my bubbleberry so they didn't make the cut.

I looked at them again at attitude just now. I aint no quitter...haha

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Damn rb your growin my cuts better than me, lol, thats it, your cut off, lol. No but seriously, fuckin great work man, I gotta tell ya though, when you taste that lemon larry cut, your gonna regret tossing her, she is my favorite kush to date. And man, how the fuck did you get your 91 to stay so stout?
So guys, if anyone has been wondering why I havnt been posting many shots lately, and why I keep saying I'm so busy, heres a couple days worth of the tasks, this is my new mom room, all cfl and t5. As a long time user of mh lights, like going on 2 decades now, for me to say this will be odd. If you build a mother room, fuck the hids, this whole room is 1000 watts, the whole fucking thing! I'd never flower with this kind of light, but shit, this is just wonderful. Oh, and there may be a shot of my sfv og kush mom and my pre 98 bubba in there as well for fun.

Untitled Scanned 01
Untitled Scanned 04
Untitled Scanned 05
Untitled Scanned 06
Untitled Scanned 07
Untitled Scanned 08
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
HOLY SHIT.... :rock That's fucking clean Big Buddy!!!! I'm diggin' those CFL's and wings, T-5's on the walls aka chair rail (hope no one bumps into one though), and everything is on point with your girls as well... :cool

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Thanks man, worked damn hard on that one let me tell ya. Much harder rooms have been built, but i am in pretty rough shape physically, so I'm proud of the effort. Most of my moms are in the domes there, the 91, 4, ecsd, lemon larry, fuck load of em in there. So i think I may end up having to add a couple more lights yet, but the whole thing can be run on a single breaker even if I add another cfl and t5.
I redid the flower room too, and the veg room I hope to get to today. Gotta switch the light positioning up a little though, I've got a 1000 thats in the space that a 4 belongs, so really not getting good coverage out of it.
And since I'm in a good mood today and enjoying some tunes, heres a couple songs for anyone that doesnt like listening to music about shooting people and hate all day. yes, I'm a long haired hippieish kinda fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfI5lxXF_is&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSSg4Nz3gE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMVcGPf-iI&feature=related

true grit

true grit

Looking real good Buddy! I agree on the cfl's....my soon to be mom tent will be straight cfl for sure... do you run your mom room and veg room on different light cycles?

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

your back on the kill buddy everything looks good bro. hard work always pays off. big ups to you and stay up

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Looking real good Buddy! I agree on the cfl's....my soon to be mom tent will be straight cfl for sure... do you run your mom room and veg room on different light cycles?

hey man, just happened to click on the site right before you posted. Actually I run both for 24 hours a day, the veg room is 4 400 mh, so its about a total of 2600 running all the time. Disability pays my power so i dont worry about it, its my one and only financial break, well that and my good buddy here runs the grow shop, so ya know. And your gonna love having a mother room like this man, its even nice to hang out in, the light just feels so soft.

true grit

true grit

How are you liking the 24 hr veg? Never ran full 24hr except for in clone/seed tent. Is the growth as vigorous for you? I hear people claim this way and that, I tend to think the dark cycle gives em a chance to shoot up a bit, but if I can get clones trained and ready 4-5 wk's like now, I would prefer to run a 24hr veg room (1k over veggers) with some t-5s over moms and clones and won't have to segregate any of the room or do two rooms.

Nice on the power thing bro, thats most def a huge one!!

CaliShark

CaliShark

Very nice mother room man, floros are def the way to go in that situation saves alot of money and you can still keep um nice and green.

Latest posts

Top Bottom