"91 Og"?

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Been seeing this cut pop-up a lot recently. According to the online/forum community OG wasn't around in 91 (seems to be the consensus), to be honest I was like 1 year old back then, so I'm not gonna try and act like I know.

What's the word on 91 OG?

And no, they do not mean Chemdog 91 x OG (I asked), they say it is a legit OG from 1991.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

I have heard of Zens 91 OG no personal experience tho. Maybe, maybe not just a suggestion...

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

No, that was from All Star Nursery website. Not the same thing, they said Jew's Gold was the Skywalker OG renamed.

You'd be surprised, I've found info out here in SoCal meeting and talking with people in person that totally differs from the info on the forum scene. And I'm not talking rumors and speculation from random patients. A lot of these cuts originated in my backyard (SoCal).

Just wanted to see if anyone could/would corroborate their claim. I'm a bit younger, but I know my genetics pretty well, lol.

Last edited:
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Iv heard of the original pure kushes get tagged 91 og. Just like I hear sometimes the original bubba kush cut tagged 92 bubba.

Everything said after this point is my own speculation....
I believe og and chem to have similar genetics but I don't think og came from chem directly and if it did it came from dog bud not the chem dog seeds that chem dog found from the dog bud itself. With that being said.... it is extremely possible for og kush to have been around in 91. I think it was around far before that but by different names and the line may have not been worked as long

Iv smoked many og flowers with 91 tagged on them. 91 malibu, 91 fire..ext ext. Most have been pretty fire too. But if you had my guess... that 91 tag is more referring to the pure kushes that are more og not the bubba kush type pure kushes then actual og kush straight up. Like I said though, just the conclusion iv came to based on personal experience and stories iv put together from stuff iv read or heard ~SMF~

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

No, that was from All Star Nursery website. Not the same thing, they said Jew's Gold was the Skywalker OG renamed.

You'd be surprised, I've found info out here in SoCal meeting and talking with people in person that totally differs from the info on the forum scene. And I'm not talking rumors and speculation from random patients. A lot of these cuts originated in my backyard (SoCal).

Just wanted to see if anyone could/would corroborate their claim. I'm a bit younger, but I know my genetics pretty well, lol.
ya im from canada but even up here there is always ppl who do shit like that....and to be honest its usually ppl with garbage, or mediocre stuff, that they then rename to be able to sell better, with whatever is "in" at the moment...

worse than not knowing is the spread of misinformation...and the worst part about it, alot of thes ppl who think they know what their talking about, have never been on a forum or discussed with a large group of knowledgeable ppl....usually they heard it from some guy who heard it from their uncle and so it must be true

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Iv heard of the original pure kushes get tagged 91 og. Just like I hear sometimes the original bubba kush cut tagged 92 bubba.

I believe og and chem to have similar genetics but I don't think og came from chem directly and if it did it came from dog bud not the chem dog seeds that chem dog found from the dog bud itself. With that being said.... it is extremely possible for og kush to have been around in 91. I think it was around far before that but by different names and the line may have not been worked as long

Iv smoked many og flowers with 91 tagged on them. 91 malibu, 91 fire..ext ext. Most have been pretty fire too. But if you had my guess... that 91 tag is more referring to the pure kushes that are more og not the bubba kush type pure kushes then actual og kush straight up. Like I said though, just the conclusion iv came to based on personal experience and stories iv put together from stuff iv read or heard ~SMF~
good post skunk.....though i wonder how many of those genetics out there today, are untouched since then, or how many are originals and not renamed down the line somewhere over the last 25 years....far to many if you ask me....though im sure there are some that are still around...most imo have been messed with or renamed along the way

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve had OGK from about 1990 ,Bubba also. I don`t think that many people had it that far back . I`ve had other Kushes from the 70`s. I don`t think most people had any OGK until orgkid released it, I`m thinking around the mid 90`s? I only know of a handful of people who had it that far back.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I had a feeling because I heard the King Louis XIII OG cut has been around since the 80's. I always suspected some sort of relation between the Chems and OG as well. Hindu and bubba too.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

I`ve had OGK from about 1990 ,Bubba also. I don`t think that many people had it that far back . I`ve had other Kushes from the 70`s. I don`t think most people had any OGK until orgkid released it, I`m thinking around the mid 90`s? I only know of a handful of people who had it that far back.

Have you watched the true history of og kush on the adam dunn show @markscastle ? I was under the impression that the name OG Kush didn't even come up until about 1997. The story goes that Matt Bubba brought the Bubba and The Kush to Josh D in silverlake (los angeles) in 96 I thought. I guess its possible that there were similar phenos to the OG Kush before then but I think the original OG Kush is that one from Josh in 96.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Nope it was in Southern Cali much earlier than that , but it wasn`t until It started getting around and had some advertisement that it became the big deal . Bubba Kush was around almost at the same time. I had some of the original stuff as well as a few other people. It started out as bag seed from seven of us. Some of us finely starting selling it. I just through my seeds into my collection and forgot about them for a couple of years. I didn`t realize how popular it would become. Had I known. But hey I got lots of other great strains anyway.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think the earliest I sold OG Kush and Bubba Kush was around 93 ?, Can`t remember. I think orgkid beat me to it, but he wasn`t one of the original seven.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

First of all Orgnkid got his og from Josh D. He said so himself on ig. Josh got the OG in 1996. Before that the only mention of OG related bud is the TK grown late 80's in Florida. Are you suggesting you invented OG?

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

First of all Orgnkid got his og from Josh D. He said so himself on ig. Josh got the OG in 1996. Before that the only mention of OG related bud is the TK grown late 80's in Florida. Are you suggesting you invented OG?
What's your IG handle?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer

No it was bag seed. Orgkid was not one of the original people who had OG or Bubba Kush. He did have a lot to do with it getting out to the public, but that was later in the game. I`m not on IG Mag, kicked off years ago because I outed a mod (skunkman) as a snitch to the Feds back in the day.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Far as I`m concerned it really is pointless to dig up old news about this strain. You can believe what ever you all want.

Top Bottom