A 4x4 Tent Grow, Only A Front Door ?

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

I have been looking at grow tents. My plan is to Scrog my first grow and am a concerned that the grow tent only has a front door to access the tent. My guess is that once the Scrog begins i can no longer take the plants out to service them, any input on this concern of mine.....

I was gonna do a diy tent with four doors for unlimited access

The Jewels

The Jewels

To access a 4x4 you need a two foot plus , aproach path . As such, to access all four sides, you would need an 8 by 8 area . Now- in my mind you , are approaching the size of a small bedroom . That is why I didn't go with a tent .
If you have the real estate , tarp off your area and go to town.
On your first grow, you are going to want to get to know these things.
You will want to see them from all sides . You will want to move them around.
You may even end up taking one for a walk .
Who knows?
Clutter leads to accidents, disasters, and frustration .

If going diy, one door is hard enough to seal for light, nearly impossible to seal humidity ( on the cheap) . Four doors would be 4x more impossible.

It is a hard decision to make.
You have displayed the presence of mind to think ahead, and plan ; this alone tells me that you will be a successful grower. I am looking forward to the show .
Always work and think out loud, here on the Farm .
There are many experienced growers ,who have made all of those decisions, and all of these mistakes already.
I say go for it.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Thanx for the reply
To access a 4x4 you need a two foot plus , aproach path . As such, to access all four sides, you would need an 8 by 8 area . Now- in my mind you , are approaching the size of a small bedroom . That is why I didn't go with a tent .
If you have the real estate , tarp off your area and go to town.
On your first grow, you are going to want to get to know these things.
You will want to see them from all sides . You will want to move them around.
You may even end up taking one for a walk .
Who knows?
Clutter leads to accidents, disasters, and frustration .

If going diy, one door is hard enough to seal for light, nearly impossible to seal humidity ( on the cheap) . Four doors would be 4x more impossible.

It is a hard decision to make.
You have displayed the presence of mind to think ahead, and plan ; this alone tells me that you will be a successful grower. I am looking forward to the show .
Always work and think out loud, here on the Farm .
There are many experienced growers ,who have made all of those decisions, and all of these mistakes already.
I say go for it.

Yeah :0) lotz of doors, i was thinking of angling the doors a little so they at least use a little gravity to hold em in place, maybe the bottom has 3 more inches,6” total in width kinda like a bilco door they use for basements.
It’ll be shaped like a pyramid, but not to a point. Put the whole thing on good sturdy wheels so it can be returned against the basement wall, tucked into a corner too, mobile for sure.

Built heavy enough (doors) and proper angled light seals, good quality spring hinges are a must!!!!

I have a friend/cabinetmaker who builds whatever i can drawup

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

I set my two 4X4 tents about 2' apart, side by side. Provides all the access you need... (though you do need side access doors/slots in your tents. The Apollo tents I have work fine that way. (three sides of access, as they back up to the wall.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom