A 70 gal MPB

• Thread starter Giddeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Giddeon

Giddeon

Click here to view the 70 gal mini res 300 main res MPB build pics.

Not running the buckets quite yet so not gunna really start a thread over in this section for a bit.

C

crossouttheiis

awesome I can't wait to see this.going to be awesome man

Giddeon

Giddeon

OK so the room that you can check out in the first link is no longer around. I have collected some equipment back off this project and am looking to throw together a 4 plant 70 gal run. I am dying to get my roots into 70 gal of bubbling water, and see first hand if these myths are true. I dont have many pics of my new set up yet but as time goes Ill get more.

In this room I will be running the system with:
4-70 gal mini res's
1-100 gal main res
1-AP-100 Air pump
1-2000gph main pump
1-633 gph top feed pump
1-1500 gph chiller pump
1-1HP Chillking chiller (THESE CHILLKINGS ARE BADASS UNITS!!!)
5k in vertical HPS lighing
2k in horizontal reflectors HPS Air cooled
1-5 ton Kwikool set ar 68*
Co2
Purge fan for combating High night time humidity (over 75%) and high co2 due to using a burner with a large pilot light in a sealed room.

Here is one I snapped of the hard piping I used for the drain setup. This is the first time I have hard piped in the drain and am liking the results for sure.

106 3720
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Yikes! Talk about taking it to the next level.....what are those 2 inch drains?? I am thinking you will need to install seat belts for the operator of this MONSTER system!!

Cheers!

T

TreFarmer

Good to see ya back and kickin'.
Nice work on the drains...
Careful using Christy's red hot on ABS.. it works ok, but is pretty hot and can make joints weak. This is only really a problem if the joints bend etc.... in this application, there should be no hastles.
Because I was raised plumbing, I was always affraid of leaks when top-dumping like that, seem to work ok? Saves alot af time, money and headroom...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yep^^^

As a contractor I would say that the black ABS glue is what you need when installing black drain pipe.

Great to see you back bro.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I know about the glue, trust me I had a lesson this summer ;) It was just what I had lying around and as broke as this cat is right now every penny counts. It worked just fine in this application with no leaks at all plus with ~68 gal of water per tub they wont be doing much moving around.

T

TreFarmer

I know about the glue, trust me I had a lesson this summer ;) It was just what I had lying around and as broke as this cat is right now every penny counts. It worked just fine in this application with no leaks at all plus with ~68 gal of water per tub they wont be doing much moving around.

When you got it and it works, use it;)
I figured you knew, just a heads up to people that may no.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
if anyone can nail the 70 gal, it's you G.

what centers are you going with, what strain, what height are you flipping at, what's your ceiling height?

what are your plans for nutes and water temp?

i hear you on the co2 exhaust. i just switched out a pilot light gen for a bottle. i've found that when you seriously seal up a room this size the pilot light alone can get you above 5,000ppm at times.

Giddeon

Giddeon

THANKS PAPA

what centers are you going with, what strain, what height are you flipping at, what's your ceiling height?

Centers are at 52.5"
Strain: Hash plant (sensi seed bank) and Norther Lights #1 (sensi seed bank)
Flip at the usual 24" high
ceiling is 7'6" from floor and just over 4'3" from the top of the buckets

Nutes are the same Advanced Pack I have been on in the past:
Sensi Grow/Bloom A&B
SensiZym
B52
Algen
Roots Excell
the respective AN bloom booster depending on week of flower.
PH DOWN FROM AN!!! set ph at 5.58 at the beginning of the week and forget about it till the flush

Chiller set at 62* keeps buckets at 65*

i hear you on the co2 exhaust. i just switched out a pilot light gen for a bottle. i've found that when you seriously seal up a room this size the pilot light alone can get you above 5,000ppm at times.

My pilot light keeps my room at 2100ppm if I don't exhaust at night
:big_boss:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

not to mention a bottle is a lot safer in smaller spaces.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
'sounds great, i'm really looking forward to seeing the results. are you planning on taking the nutes to the levels you've done in the past? i've been thinking about trying lower levels.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey guys I havent gone past 1.0 EC on my latest run and the plants are loving it. No signs of any def. or tox.

Actually, I was only running like .5 EC up until yesterday... Site production and swell are right on target for the strain I am running.

Giddeon

Giddeon

'sounds great, i'm really looking forward to seeing the results. are you planning on taking the nutes to the levels you've done in the past? i've been thinking about trying lower levels.

Lower levels for sure, I'm going to be running a schedule that is 1/3 the strength of what I usually run in my smaller bucket set up

Giddeon

Giddeon

I'm test running the system and it seems when everything is up and cranking the water level in the mini res's sits at ~65 gal of water. :worried Hope thats enough...... That makes it ~350 gal total in the system at all times for my 4 plants. I had to put a spacer in between my net pot and mini res lid, to get the water level just right. (I think it was chrometrichs that first showed the tubing spacer)

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

sweet build, awesome work, hope this rocks out for you hard!

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

nice giddeon
cant wait to see the monsters that come out of this ...
you got my attention-subbed.
DGD

Giddeon

Giddeon

Due to how the clones vegged I have decided to go with 3 Hash Plants and 1 Northern Lights in this run. I hope that the NL doesn't totally out preform the HP and I end up regretting this decision. My only other concern with this run is I don't have my regen blower back yet so IDK if the AP-100 that I have will create enough bubbles in my mini-res's they bubble for sure but its not near as vigorously as previous runs in my smaller buckets.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Ok here is the last preview shot I have before we get things started and this 70gal project on her way. In this shot you can see the 1-1/2" Flex PVC I used to hold up my net pots to the correct level & The center PVC manifold that looks like an H is my Air manifold, top feed lines are also draped over the buckets coming from an 8x manifold made by ORBIT. Also the black Tape line is exactly 4' from the ceiling so you can see that I will have a little more than 4' of vertical growth space on this run. I feel this room has perfect spacing for these buckets 52.5" centers exactly gives me ~36" to each wall plenty of walking room while keeping the reflective surfaces of the wall close as possible

IMAG0028

Latest posts

Top Bottom