A 70 gal MPB

• Thread starter Giddeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

I have seen a Chemdog D pic in a bucket system that looked like it also had about 4 feet from base of medium to the ceiling. Such spacing recruits the ceiling as a reflector. I think this will produce better results than say a 10 or 12 foot ceiling where the tops would not be lit as well due to spacing.
Your work is very interesting, Giddeon. Thanks for sharing.

Giddeon

Giddeon

And Here we go.....

Day 1: Flipped these today, the Big Hashplant is at 24"x16" the 2 other HP's are at 20"x15" and my Northern Lights is at 18"x17". I'm flipping these at the normal height that I would normally as to not give these larger buckets any more advantage than I would the smaller ones. I want to see if the bucket and bucket only will make a difference.

Changed my Lighting as well, I now am running the 5k vert HPS and 2k Horiz HPS in Magnum XXXLs between the plants

Pic 1: HP's
Pic 2: NL

106 3718
106 3722
D

Diggler

Dam I sure like what you have done! Been thinking bout something like this in the future but I only have 8 foot ceilings also. Will be checking on this thread the whole way threw good luck!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
have you run those strains in the regular buckets as to make a fair comparison. I remember for a minute you were runnign recon..

cant wait to see how this turns out. You were definitely one of the reasons I built my system... not to mention you fielded a bunch of my questions..

thanks G. I hope this run KILLS it.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Dam I sure like what you have done! Been thinking bout something like this in the future but I only have 8 foot ceilings also. Will be checking on this thread the whole way threw good luck!

Look for a shallow res when height is a restriction. I have 75 and 100 gal res's that are no taller than 1.5' they would be perfect for 8' ceilings

+rep for Giddeon for the hybrid lighting.

^ definitely!

great work Giddeon!

Thanks Guys!!! Hopefully the reflectors don't become a problem. If so they are easily removed.

have you run those strains in the regular buckets as to make a fair comparison. I remember for a minute you were runnign recon..

cant wait to see how this turns out. You were definitely one of the reasons I built my system... not to mention you fielded a bunch of my questions..

thanks G. I hope this run KILLS it.

No, I have not ran either of these strain before now. While I wont be able to get an exact weight to weight compaison from the big to small buckets. I will watch how they respond throughout their growth cycle to the larger buckets. Usually by mid week 4 the buckets are completely filled with roots and they just choke them selfs out from there. Hoping that by allowing free flowing space into weeks 5, 6, & 7 the plants will continue to grow at a more rapid rate and show no signs of slowing even into week 8 and 9.

Glad I could Help you out hope things are still running smoothly, hope that Kwikool is working great for ya!!

CONGRATS on teaming up with Alien, I can wait to run my Alien Gear in my MPB's as well as organics!!!

Giddeon

Giddeon

These have stretched to ridiculous heights. I have had to remove the reflectors and hang the bulbs vertically. Roots seem to be the size that would be getting close to fill my old bucket size.
106 3749
106 3754

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
damn maybe the low hanging verts will help them branch out more... any stretch left?

Giddeon

Giddeon

........ absolutely inspiring man.... nice healthy root zone
you are one WILD dude

Thanks Guys! I'm just a regular guy trying WILD things haha!

damn maybe the low hanging verts will help them branch out more... any stretch left?

Should help somewhat but I wish I just had them there from the beginning. As for the stretch who knows, thats maybe where these larger buckets come into play is the stretch last until week 6-7, then 8-9 bulk and finish in a full 10.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
stretch to week 7? love to see that.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Thanks All, With the way things are lookin with this grow the ladies are for sure larger than the smaller buckets of past runs. I flipped at the same height and are roughly 30-40% bigger. Hoping that translates into 30-40% more yield. Looking like these ladies are going to go a full 9 maybe full 10 weeks since usually thing will be dying back a bit by now.

Peace
G

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Ive been following the MPB's for at least 2 yrs and Im always amazed at how big they get. 6.5 weeks and you have Donkey's everywhere. And they're not done growing! Your taking it to new hieghts Giddeon. I hope to have a place to run these sometime in the future.

K

kushtrees

damn amazing trees Giddeon, inspiring

how far do you keep those bulbs from the plants btw its probably just the angling of the camera but in the first pic they look really close

props

Top Bottom