• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoan

Samoan

I have been making this brew:

In this order:

4 Gal de-chlorinated h20
Start Bubbling with my 'Bubble-snake' from Tea Lab -sold on Amzon awesome kit for a good deal. Really nice Micron bag and the aerator included 975gph does the job well. It's simple and really easy to clean.

Check it out:

Compost Tea Kit: 5 Gallon Get Brewing Special~ BubbleSnake, Bag, Air Pump & Tubing (951GPH Air Pump) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ASVAV54/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_vXYkzbDE131MD
Compost Tea Kit: 5 Gallon Get Brewing Special~ BubbleSnake, Bag, Air Pump & Tubing (951GPH Air Pump) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ASVAV54/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_vXYkzbDE131MD

I follow the OG BIO-WAR 24Hour brew Instructions Except I only use the foliar pack and my Mollasses has additives and I add in EM-1 Microbial inoculated towards the end of the brew

So I add about 6tbsp of Mendocino Honey First - This is a molasses with kelp and also added is montmorilite clay and yucca extract. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the clay is bennicical for the microbes? Do they hold onto it? And the yucca extract a good surfactant or adjuvant?
I think I read that some farmers add kelp later on in the brew cycle?

My Ph drops to about 5.1

The recipe directs you to then Ph the brew 6.5-7.0. I believe the microbes activated in this 24 hour brew like a 7.0Ph?

I added some Silica blast because I read it brings Ph up but didn't rise much. Two tbsp brought it to 5.6.
I didn't want to use all my Silica in my tea so my only other option was baking soda and dolomite lime because I don't have any other ph up product. I was also afraid to kill any of the micro herd with any unwanted additions. I wanted to use dolomite but decided not to because it would not properly dissolve when I tested it in a separate cup of wate.
So I decided to use Backing Soda(Sodium Bicarbonate) to bring my Ph up which is at 5.6 and my goal is between 6.5 and 7.0.

I started with 1/8 tsp. And it brought me up 4 - 5 points. I ended up adding another 1/4 tsp and my Ph seemed to stabilize at 6.8. I thought that this was an ideal time to now add in my OG BIO WAR FOLIAR PACK.

Because I'm just using the Foliar pack I add a little more because it calls for root pack as well.
So I add in 6 - 8 tbsp of the foliar pack and mix it well while it is bubbling.

Then I add two cups of Earth Worm Castings into my micron bag clip that on and let bubble in the brew.

Near the end of the brew, about a couple hours I added 1 tbsp of EM-1 Microbial Innoculant.

https://www.teraganix.com/EM-1-Microbial-Inoculant-Microbial-Inoculants-p/1000.htm

I mix this tea into my nutrient mixture at a strong 1:2 ratio and than foliar at full strength. Maybe do this once or even twice a week.

Also I have been soaking cuttings in the tea before setting them and when I did some transplants I even soaked the whole root system in the full strength tea.

I had some really bad problems with broad mites which inspired me to TEAM UP WITH MICROBES
And well for me this seems to be working very well...I'm glad I discovered this so early as a farmer^
And In my opinion I am seeing a dramatic improvement of my plants since I started working with them.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

when you say dechlorinated did you do it yourself as in ran it through a tall boy filter or something? just because chloramines don't bubble out or evaporate

Samoan

Samoan

when you say dechlorinated did you do it yourself as in ran it through a tall boy filter or something? just because chloramines don't bubble out or evaporate
I have an R/O filter, but when I made this tea I used my tap that I let off-gas and bubble...So I have read that will take out chlorine but not chloramines? Had to use tap because I just replaced my stage 1,2, and 4 of my filters and it's taking a while to run water though it...I probably should have just bought some water from the store rather than take that chance...

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

ya chloramine wont off gas it's chlorine plus ammonia. I wouldn't worry too too much about it once any organic material touches the chloramine it pretty much cancels itself out so it can only react with so much organic matter before theres none left. I assmue you still got some bennies going on in the tea maybe not as much but they do reproduce quite fast. just use distilled next time

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

i wouldn't waste the tea , every other gardner in the world uses their garden hose and such i think we just get a little to nit picky. yes distilled will perform better but to say it wont work at all idunno. that's just my opinion and not a fact so take it with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom