a better option to appion or caresaver for closed loopers

• Thread starter 1971
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be rep'ing a much improved recovery pump made by Reftec called the Handivac.

Here is a link with pricing, but I will be able to get it to you guys for cheaper!

Most of us are either using an appion or a caresaver. Neither is well suited to our application. Appion isn't honoring warranties if something goes wrong, we run the units much longer than they were designed, etc. With the caresaver, it isn't oilless which means you are potentially introducing pump oil into your product which makes it an automatic fail.

So what is so great about the Reftec? Well, it'll be about twice as fast as the appion and we know the caresaver is much slower than the Appion, the seals are teflon which means it can handle butane, Reftec is working with me and others to redesign this model in the near future (nema 7 design with explosion proof motor) to be exactly what we need it to be and to be okay'd for use by fire marshals, and did I mention it is twice as fast???

I'm going to put this unit through the paces over the next couple weeks, but I can tell already I'm going to like dealing with Reftec by their willingness to give us an even safer product.

For those of you who already have appions but want to make them safer, I can provide you a link to a gentleman who will upgrade them, knows what we are doing, and will warranty the work for 2 years.

thank you

IG: theotherguy916

Graywolf

Graywolf

Good news on the Reftec, I will be watching the results with interest.

I would certainly be interested in a link to someone rebuilding Appions and giving a two year warranty.

sorry, been busy. i've never used him but we had a long conversation and he seems like a good guy

Top Bottom